ImageImage

2019 Draft Discussion

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

UNCNYC
Assistant Coach
And1: 868

Re: 2019 Draft Discussion 

Post#1641 » by UNCNYC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:20 am

Although hes a kinda distant second, this is the only other player that would make me happy if we drafted next year. I stated above that he has the same potential as Killian Hayes and thats Tom Digbeu. I like Tom Digbeu A LOT but it seems like Killian Hayes is THERE. It seems like Tom Digbeu can get there tho. I really like him a lot but he seems more like a project.

UPDATED 2-18-2024

These are my top five for who I want with pick #1 in order

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,475

Post#1642 » by LofJ » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:41 am

We need a 2020 draft discussion topic.
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#1643 » by UNCNYC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:50 am

Hey guys I think I found my favorite player out of the 2020 NBA DRAFT. This happened by accident. It was kinda an AWW moment. What happened was, I looked over all the players on the draft board, and he was the only one I over looked. So I said wow maybe I should make him my second round selection just because of that...?

I think I am going to do that and see if it was meant to be. He is my type of player... There are two types of players I really like. My favorites are usually the flashy types who are the ALL AMERICANS. The athletic guys with handles etc... or euro players who can seemingly run point guard at 7'0".

My second favorite are the overlooked. The Underdogs who have something to prove. I get the best of both worlds because I get the flashy with Killian Hayes and I get the Underdog in Justin Turner.

This guy (Justin Turner) plays with a grit, heart and has a lot of talent. I don't know if he will be good, but since I found him by accident, I will make him my second rounder... So my draft search is now OVER.

Pick 1 - Killian Hayes - My flashy player

Pick 2 - Justin Turner - My underdog who I found by accident. (I'm gonna root for this guy)

;t=106s
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,564

Post#1644 » by fatlever » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:04 am

LofJ wrote:We need a 2020 draft discussion topic.

done
bravor
Starter
And1: 731

Post#1645 » by bravor » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:30 am

LofJ wrote:What do you think about Killian Hayes bravor?

After watching some video on him and Maledon I don't understand why Hayes is listed as a late first rounder and Maldon an early lottery pick. They seem to be pretty equal to me with Hayes having a slight edge.

Maledon was not really high in mock drafts before the U17 world cup (and i think even after) but he made a good impression as a rookie this year for his first pro experience. He plays for the team that Parker bought few years ago, Asvel. He had decent play time and he showed he could contribute already at 17 which is probably why he could be scouted and he jumped on most mock drafts.
I am still low on him because he can't really create his shot, but otoh he is super fast and attacks the rim pretty well. Defensively i dont believe he can improve enough to overcome his weaknesses (help defense, backdoors) even though he might be able to defend the 1/1 (he has a good wingspan and great size at pg). Not really a good creator for others as well.

Hayes did not have a lot of playtime this year and he started the season slowly. But for me he is the most talented. Good dribble with both hands, can create his shot, midrange game, decent jumper incl. from distance, very good hands and smart defender when he is commited, clutch shooter as well, and overall a very good feel for the game and he is a competitor.
He was our obvious MVP at Euro U16 couple years ago and the leader of this generation. Still raw in some ways and too many times a spectator considering his talent but he looks to be smart and honnestly with Doumbouya and Ayayi he should be one of our next leaders.
And we have Wembenyama for the frontcourt who could become a special player if he develops accordingly, he will play in U16 i might put the link of the tournament for thos interested as its displayed on youtube without restrictions i guess).

One of our more talented prospect is off the radar for now (injury prone..). His name is Batcho, though i am not sure he is nba material. But his basket iq is off the chart and he plays tough on both ends, his fundamentals/athleticism being unseen for us since DIaw (he plays at the same position, at least when Diaw got some 'extra' weight and became a pf/c basically)

Btw Diop should do the same for Aussies since they also have a pretty nice generation coming and needless to say AIS is doing a phenomenal job (both with men and women btw). Green being just one of them.

@UNCNYC
For Obusei, the best would be to ask to any of our german fans (i know one of them posted here not so long ago, and i guess we got an austrian fan as well who maybe follow the bbl or Bamberg)
Btw you seem to forget Garuba who has been a terror in youth categories in Europe at an early age (mvp at 14 for eurobasket U16). He's typical D. Green clone, hard to know how he would be in the nba but the kid has really been impressive and he is developing his perimeter shooting since last couple of years.
Btw you never talk about
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#1646 » by DrCoach » Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:35 pm

Keep a eye on Harvard Freshman, Chris Ledlum
UNCNYC
Assistant Coach

Post#1647 » by UNCNYC » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:34 pm

DrCoach wrote:Keep a eye on Harvard Freshman, Chris Ledlum

He's my type of player but I gotta get more on him but I will keep eyes on him. Thanks
UPDATED 2-18-2024

BuB Carrington
Ryan Dunn
Dalton Knect
Kevin McCullar
Bobi Klintman
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,306

Post#1648 » by DrCoach » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:42 pm

UNCNYC wrote:
DrCoach wrote:Keep a eye on Harvard Freshman, Chris Ledlum

He's my type of player but I gotta get more on him but I will keep eyes on him. Thanks

He’s a animal

Had 40+ D1 offers including Mich
Had many D1 Football offers
Lead Adidas gauntlet in scoring
MVP Nepsac
High scorer nepsac
NEPSAC. games
Gatorade POY

Return to Charlotte Hornets