ImageImageImage

2019 Heat Offseason thread 4.0- Yimmy and the Kids!

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

TheDon_5
Sophomore
And1: 278

Re: 2019 Heat Offseason thread 4.0- Yimmy and the Kids! 

Post#1941 » by TheDon_5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:09 pm

Can someone announce a trade and it become official on the date he can be traded? Considering it’s pre season and there’s still 3 months before the real stuff begins.
mg
General Manager
And1: 4,023

Post#1942 » by mg » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:10 pm

CP can be traded by himself immediately.
OKC just can't aggregate him in a trade with other players for 60 days.
HeatIn5
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1943 » by HeatIn5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:10 pm

twix2500 wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:Heard CP can't be traded untill Dec 15. Any truth in that?
Not true, he has to wait two months just like Leonard

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

neither is true. If OKC trades CP? (can't put a number, he's not 3) by himself (no other players), they can trade him immediately. If they put him in a package of players, then he has to wait 30 (or 60) days.
Read on Twitter
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,644

Post#1944 » by HEATVols865 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:11 pm

If the Westbrook trade is not official yet, just agreed upon, it can all be done at once.
So until the NBA announces it, CP can be traded. It could become a 3, 4 or 5 team trade when it’s all said and done. If they announce it, then he needs to wait 60 days
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
TheDon_5
Sophomore

Post#1945 » by TheDon_5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:13 pm

I actually want Paul. I think he makes us a contender with the young core, also need to get a pick back with him though.
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1946 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:19 pm

AirP. wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
AirP. wrote:Let me think about that.
Player A 36% open 34% guarded
Player B 38% open 32% guarded

Well, if both these players get 1000 shots over a season but the offense only creates 200 open looks for them.
Player A 72 points from open looks, 272 points guarded, total: 344 points
Player B 76 points from open looks, 256 points guarded, total: 332 points

You can say player B is the better 3pt shooter but player A is better for this particular offense.

Players take more open 3s than contested 3s. Anyways, I don't think you understand how this works but I don't blame you as this is a difficult concept to understand. You think that contested 3s are "worth more" because of difficulty when the best shots are often the easiest shots. A made 3-point shot is 3 points. Difficulty doesn't change that. Also, it's made open shots that draw defenders. Contested shots are bad and open shots are good, that's something you should understand.

Contested/covered 3s aren't worth more points but being able to make contested/covered 3 can help make your team's offense more dynamic, especially as the shot clock wears down. Not only that, a guy who can't make contested/covered 3s can have weaker defenders put on them. If your offense generates a ton of open shots, wonderful, that just doesn't seem to happen that much when you play better defensive teams and that's usually what you see past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Weren't we arguing whether or not Winslow's a good 3-point shooter? 37.5% from 3 is 37.5% from 3. If Winslow isn't considered a good contested 3-point shooter than he has to be considered a great open shooter. 37.5% from 3 is above league average.
MartyCONLONNN
Analyst
And1: 2,315

Post#1947 » by MartyCONLONNN » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:23 pm

HEATlanta wrote:If the Westbrook trade is not official yet, just agreed upon, it can all be done at once.
So until the NBA announces it, CP can be traded. It could become a 3, 4 or 5 team trade when it’s all said and done. If they announce it, then he needs to wait 60 days

from my understanding the Rockets have not made it official because there has been no press release or statement from Morey. The hold up must be because Thunder are trying to work out a bigger deal to incorporate moving Paul. No other reason to wait for what will be 3 days now. And yes Paul alone can be re routed in a trade just not trade with other players from OKC.
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1948 » by DrHeat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:23 pm

I would take CP is you can clear some 2021 money and get a pick back...cerebral PG that depend on skill and IQ can play for a long time ..( see Stockton , J Kid) Paul has also been a good 3 PT shooter ..I happen to think that we is a better fit for our team than Westbrook and if we can get him without having to give up any assets then I am for it

My only concern with CP is injuries and durability but he has tendency to get minor nagging injuries rather than major knee or ankle problems...other possibilities for us carry the same risk ..( K Love )
Mars
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,174

Post#1949 » by Mars » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:25 pm

In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:

• For two months after receiving the player in trade, if the trade aggregates the player's salary with the salaries of other players. However, the team is free to trade the player immediately, either by himself or without aggregating his salary with other salaries. This restriction applies only to players who were acquired using an exception (and not cap room). (Also see question number 90.)

GUTS™
TheDon_5
Sophomore

Post#1950 » by TheDon_5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Mars wrote:
In addition, teams cannot trade players under the following circumstances:

• For two months after receiving the player in trade, if the trade aggregates the player's salary with the salaries of other players. However, the team is free to trade the player immediately, either by himself or without aggregating his salary with other salaries. This restriction applies only to players who were acquired using an exception (and not cap room). (Also see question number 90.)

Awesome thanks for that!
fishfuego.
General Manager
And1: 8,587

Post#1951 » by fishfuego. » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:58 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
Players take more open 3s than contested 3s. Anyways, I don't think you understand how this works but I don't blame you as this is a difficult concept to understand. You think that contested 3s are "worth more" because of difficulty when the best shots are often the easiest shots. A made 3-point shot is 3 points. Difficulty doesn't change that. Also, it's made open shots that draw defenders. Contested shots are bad and open shots are good, that's something you should understand.

Contested/covered 3s aren't worth more points but being able to make contested/covered 3 can help make your team's offense more dynamic, especially as the shot clock wears down. Not only that, a guy who can't make contested/covered 3s can have weaker defenders put on them. If your offense generates a ton of open shots, wonderful, that just doesn't seem to happen that much when you play better defensive teams and that's usually what you see past the 1st round of the playoffs.

Weren't we arguing whether or not Winslow's a good 3-point shooter? 37.5% from 3 is 37.5% from 3. If Winslow isn't considered a good contested 3-point shooter than he has to be considered a great open shooter. 37.5% from 3 is above league average.

I honestly don’t think Winslow is a consistent 3 point shooter more less dynamic. He is an occasional 3 point maker with a slow release that requires him to be set footed and wide open or it would simply get blocked or disrupt. Herro as example has a beautiful fast form release that would allow him to side fake or come off a screen creating just enough space for his shot. So in conclusion, Winslow needs team rotation period to make a 3, heck most players in the NBA can make a 3 wide open.
But that is not where his value comes from, he is a dynamic defender and recently has shown above average handles that helps him get to the rim. If he develops a consistent shot off the dribble, he will be an offensive force to be reckoned with, however, he is nowhere near that.
Maroko
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,432

Post#1952 » by Maroko » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:01 pm

Dr_Heat
RealGM
And1: 96,866

Post#1953 » by Dr_Heat » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter
Dr_Heat wrote: Oof
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,630

Post#1954 » by AirP. » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
AirP. wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:

Yes he seems like he's a good standstill 3pt shooter. Make him rush or move(like getting a pick, take 1 step to the right or left and be open) no, but he can continue to add those to his game over the summers(maybe this summer). Winslow's 1 dribble 3pt attempts were only 28.6% but he can get better. Once he works and gets better at that it'll give him more options to score which will help him and his team's offense.
batterybro42
Rookie
And1: 1,483

Post#1955 » by batterybro42 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:04 pm

CP3 will be good for this team if we land him, really hope we do

He's an experienced savy PG who like Butler fits into our culture as an intense competitor. I watch a lot of CP3, I have for years, he's disgustingly underrated in my books a top 5 PG of all time.

PG is a weird position, because when you are a true one it does not always show up in the box score based on what your team is trying to accomplish. I expect Paul to average somewhere close to 18/10 here, and really make life easy for Jimmy Butler, Bam, and be huge in the development of Tyler Herro, as he will create easy opportunities for all 3.

What this does for Bam and Herro can't be understated, Bam will get a steady diet of easy looks inside, and be able to use his leaping ability on lobs, and be fed regularly when he has position. For Herro this a dream come true, as he will be able to ease into his NBA career with an elite passer capable of finding him off screens, or in transition for easy looks.

With the spacing we can put around Paul, a dynamic big in Bam, and another alpha in Butler, I really feel like this team will be tremendously balanced offensively, capable of attacking defenses at all 3 levels.

I would venture to say that this team would be better than what we have seen from Paul's Rockets, and immediately becomes a top 3 team in the East
Feel_the_Heat15
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,455

Post#1956 » by Feel_the_Heat15 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:07 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:
AirP. wrote:

I honestly don’t think Winslow is a consistent 3 point shooter more less dynamic. He is an occasional 3 point maker with a slow release that requires him to be set footed and wide open or it would simply get blocked or disrupt. Herro as example has a beautiful fast form release that would allow him to side fake or come off a screen creating just enough space for his shot. So in conclusion, Winslow needs team rotation period to make a 3, heck most players in the NBA can make a 3 wide open.
But that is not where his value comes from, he is a dynamic defender and recently has shown above average handles that helps him get to the rim. If he develops a consistent shot off the dribble, he will be an offensive force to be reckoned with, however, he is nowhere near that.

No one is saying Winslow is Robert Covington from 3 but last season he was an above average 3-point shooter. This is an indisputable fact.
TheDon_5
Sophomore

Post#1957 » by TheDon_5 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:09 pm

batterybro42 wrote:CP3 will be good for this team if we land him, really hope we do

He's an experienced savy PG who like Butler fits into our culture as an intense competitor. I watch a lot of CP3, I have for years, he's disgustingly underrated in my books a top 5 PG of all time.

PG is a weird position, because when you are a true one it does not always show up in the box score based on what your team is trying to accomplish. I expect Paul to average somewhere close to 18/10 here, and really make life easy for Jimmy Butler, Bam, and be huge in the development of Tyler Herro, as he will create easy opportunities for all 3.

What this does for Bam and Herro can't be understated, Bam will get a steady diet of easy looks inside, and be able to use his leaping ability on lobs, and be fed regularly when he has position. For Herro this a dream come true, as he will be able to ease into his NBA career with an elite passer capable of finding him off screens, or in transition for easy looks.

With the spacing we can put around Paul, a dynamic big in Bam, and another alpha in Butler, I really feel like this team will be tremendously balanced offensively, capable of attacking defenses at all 3 levels.

I would venture to say that this team would be better than what we have seen from Paul's Rockets, and immediately becomes a top 3 team in the East

Agree with all of this. If we net one pick back on top of Paul and it’s not working by the time the deadline comes we can always try for another star also. We have the assets (young core + picks) to try, get Paul and see what this team can do before the deadline. It could be a masterstoke.
Myam333
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,909

Post#1958 » by Myam333 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:13 pm

dean456 wrote:
D_Now wrote:
dean456 wrote:Yeah seems like we may have gotten Paul for Olynyk, Dragic and Waiters Paul might be coming with a pick.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

This guy thinks a deal has happened but not sure if it was to us yet or not.

Have we not learned from the Westbrook BS? Nothing is official until Shams or Woj tweets it. Periodt.

Same guy swore Kawhi was going to the Lakers.

No one should obviously take this as fact but to be fair no one really knew where Kawhi was going before the trade for Paul George happened. Kawhi was likely going to LAL's or Toronto before that trade happened which is why everyone reported that.

Back in March
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2824631-kawhi-leonard-reportedly-doesnt-want-to-join-lakers-play-with-lebron-james
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,128

Post#1959 » by GopherIt! » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:13 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Guess this is why Ive got insomnia. Felt compelled to vouch for Paul earlier in the thread, now this.

up all nite thinking about goodboy’s lats?
(see my sig)

cp3 needs to waive his po imo. chit is nasti.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#1960 » by abark » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:29 pm

twix2500 wrote:
HeatingUp3 wrote:Heard CP can't be traded untill Dec 15. Any truth in that?
Not true, he has to wait two months just like Leonard

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Not true. He was not packaged with another player in the trade, so those restrictions don't apply. Could be traded today.

Return to Miami Heat