BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Re: Fake Trade Thread 2 

Post#1201 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:25 am

-Ian- wrote:
BlackOutBuzz wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:
What options does Dallas have? Certainly Seth Curry was not plan A.

Per Cuban, Kemba was actually plan A, but Delon Wright was "the next call we made." Guess they see Seth as a backup and/or a 2.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Where did Cuban say that? It would've been better if Kemba went to Dallas. His departure would be easier to stomach and I believe their younger players are better than Boston.
"After Kemba, when Kemba wasn't really going to be available at the start of free agency, our first call literally was Delon Wright, because we wanted somebody that could defend next to Luka and most of our guys, particularly our ones, twos were walk-it-up guys."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2019/07/10/mark-cuban-losing-kemba-walker-whydelon-wright-mavericks-first-call-free-agency

Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,301

Post#1202 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:37 pm

Hornets
Steven Adams (2 years)

Raptors
Cody Zeller (2 years)
Marvin Williams (expiring)

Thunder
Marc Gasol expiring
Cavs 2nd via Hornets

New lineup

Rozier - Graham
Monk - MLE signing
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ - MKG
Adams - PJ - Hernangomez - Biz

Of course Raptors could just cut out the Hornets and swap Gasol + 1st for Adams.

But would Raptors value Cody + Marvin + 1st over Adams? It's a close call. Adams really fits there.
It has been written...
bravor
Starter
And1: 731

Post#1203 » by bravor » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:05 pm

NewOrleans have a logjam at sg. i wonder how we could land Hart here. The guy has potential on both hands and still on rookie deal for a while.
Age wise, New Orleans and Portland should switch Mc Collum for Jrue, it makes so much sense for both teams, it has to be done. And in such case, Hornets should try to land one of the young wings from NO (for a 2nd or for Bacon, HGZ or whatever is not a young asset or a 1st pick)
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#1204 » by Great » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Two separate deals:

Chris Paul and Steven Adams: In
Biyombo, Williams, Zeller, Gilchrist, Monk: Out
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1205 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:49 pm

Great wrote:Two separate deals:

Chris Paul and Steven Adams: In
Biyombo, Williams, Zeller, Gilchrist, Monk: Out

1. Let Kemba walk for 35 million
2. Double money on PG to 60 million
3. Take on 34 year old for 4 years, after signing a 25 year old for 3.
4. Give up 21 year old
5. Tell the fans the goal is asset development and express how important it is to be careful about not bringing in 34 year olds that block your 21 year olds.

We get it. You gave up on Monk. The front office won't. Certainly not for one of the worse contracts in the game. Why don't we just trade Miles for John Wall?

Do I sound cool now?
It has been written...
Great
Bench Warmer

Post#1206 » by Great » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:18 pm

Chris Paul helps Bridges, Bacon, Washington, Kulboka, and Martin.

He makes teams and players around him better.
He puts teammates in position to score.

Hornets improve and develop players in a winning environment.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1207 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:49 pm

Great wrote:Chris Paul helps Bridges, Bacon, Washington, Kulboka, and Martin.

Maybe true but they made their bet on Rozier. 19 per is a vote of confidence. If Paul were a target it's not like they were caught off guard. Rockets shopped him before Kupchak traded for Rozier. Paul wasn't the plan. Rozier was. Mitch knew damn well Paul was available when Mitch signed Rozier.

And they didn't cut ties with Lamb and shift Miles off SF to play Batum. They engineered those moves to free up Monk when Bacon slides to SF now that it is all open.

You're reaching pretty hard to do the opposite of what they've already done. Paul to Hornets is a dead fish. It stinks like rotten ocean as well.

How about Monk for cough drops?
It has been written...
Benjamin Linus
Veteran
And1: 1,268

Post#1208 » by Benjamin Linus » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Chris Paul has crazy negative trade value and doesn’t make sense on this roster unless we getting back at least four of those first rounders
Great
Bench Warmer

Post#1209 » by Great » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:04 pm

Winning and developing talent in a winning environment always makes sense.

Betting on Rozier provides insurance for a bet on Paul.

Two bets that improve a winning environment for young talent development is better than one.

Best actually.
Great
Bench Warmer

Post#1210 » by Great » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:13 pm

“I was interested in seeing the increase in wins Paul generated for each team he joined.

The season before he joined the OKC Hornets they won 18 games. His first year with the team they won 38 games. That's a two fold increase in wins! In his 3rd year they won 56 games. That's their franchise record for a single season.

The season before he joined the Clippers they won 32 games. His first year they won 40 (in 66 games). That's a 50% increase in winning percentage! The next three seasons they won 56-57 games. Those are the most wins ever in the franchise's history for single seasons.

The season before he joined the Rockets they won 55 games. His first year they won 65 games. An increase of ~20%! No Rockets club has ever won more games in a year.

So, as much of a cancer and overpaid, over the hill player he is, he has always been a winner. Something that can't be said for a lot of superstars out there.”
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1211 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:18 pm

Benjamin Linus wrote:Chris Paul has crazy negative trade value and doesn’t make sense on this roster unless we getting back at least four of those first rounders

Right? And we send back Batum and demand 2 pick swaps.
It has been written...
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#1212 » by Lwcasu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:29 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:

Maybe true but they made their bet on Rozier. 19 per is a vote of confidence. If Paul were a target it's not like they were caught off guard. Rockets shopped him before Kupchak traded for Rozier. Paul wasn't the plan. Rozier was. Mitch knew damn well Paul was available when Mitch signed Rozier.

And they didn't cut ties with Lamb and shift Miles off SF to play Batum. They engineered those moves to free up Monk when Bacon slides to SF now that it is all open.

You're reaching pretty hard to do the opposite of what they've already done. Paul to Hornets is a dead fish. It stinks like rotten ocean as well.

I’m pretty sure Rozier wasn’t the plan. Kemba was the plan. A). If Kemba wasn’t the plan, then why not trade him a year prior? B). Or, why even offer him a contract?

They thought they could get him on a low contract, and in the process offended him. Kemba deeply probably wanted to go to a better team, but was grateful for the organization, and would have resigned for a fair amount.

The organization freaks out after Kemba leaves and realize the only way to get value is to pursue Rozier. Due to numbers, they have to sign Rozier to a contract that is A) above market value, B) Enticing to him. So, that’s how we get Rozier. I’m positive he wasn't the plan in the slightest.

So, thinking rationally what this organization might do is the wrong way to think about them. I wouldn’t be surprised by any moves. The one thing I know will not happen is we will not go over the luxury tax. But if we can trade for Paul and ship out equal money it wouldn’t surprise me.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1213 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:34 pm

Lwcasu wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:

I’m pretty sure Rozier wasn’t the plan. Kemba was the plan. A). If Kemba wasn’t the plan, then why not trade him a year prior? B). Or, why even offer him a contract?

They thought they could get him on a low contract, and in the process offended him. Kemba deeply probably wanted to go to a better team, but was grateful for the organization, and would have resigned for a fair amount.

The organization freaks out after Kemba leaves and realize the only way to get value is to pursue Rozier. Due to numbers, they have to sign Rozier to a contract that is A) above market value, B) Enticing to him. So, that’s how we get Rozier. I’m positive he wasn't the plan in the slightest.

So, thinking rationally what this organization might do is the wrong way to think about them. I wouldn’t be surprised by any moves. The one thing I know will not happen is we will not go over the luxury tax. But if we can trade for Paul and ship out equal money it wouldn’t surprise me.

I never said Kemba wasn't the plan. I said Mitch knew damn well Paul was on the block when he supposedly panicked and signed Rozier. The asking price on Paul is low because it's a bad contract. The Rockets had to pay to move it. 2 firsts + 2 pick swaps
It has been written...
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#1214 » by BlackOutBuzz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:52 pm

FWIW as we've heard a lot about Miles at the 4, we've also seen a lot of Bacon at the 3 with dual PGs in summer league. These Dame/CJ & Lowry/FVV double PG lineups are becoming more common, and Rozier isn't a pure PG, so I wouldn't be shocked if they brought in another guy to start alongside him.

Chris Paul would likely be a mistake, but I can certainly see the team making that mistake.

Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1215 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:00 pm

BlackOutBuzz wrote:FWIW as we've heard a lot about Miles at the 4, we've also seen a lot of Bacon at the 3 with dual PGs in summer league. These Dame/CJ & Lowry/FVV double PG lineups are becoming more common, and Rozier isn't a pure PG, so I wouldn't be shocked if they brought in another guy to start alongside him.

Chris Paul would likely be a mistake, but I can certainly see the team making that mistake.

I believe Monk could add some playmaking alongside Rozier. He's not on the level of McCollum as a playmaker but they can develop him to get better at it rather than bringing in someone.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1216 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:01 pm

Double attack through Rozier - Monk to keep the defense off balance. Attack with Bacon at SF, Miles/PJ at PF. The center position needs to be someone more aggressive and skilled than Cody. And a better rebounder.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#1217 » by MasterIchiro » Sat Jul 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Hornets
Tim Hardaway Jr. (2 years)

Mavericks
Marvin Williams expiring
Willy Hernangomez

New lineup

Rozier - Graham
Hardaway Jr. - Monk
Bacon - Batum
Miles - PJ - MKG
Cody - PJ - Biz
It has been written...
Lwcasu
Pro Prospect
And1: 302

Post#1218 » by Lwcasu » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:11 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Double attack through Rozier - Monk to keep the defense off balance. Attack with Bacon at SF, Miles/PJ at PF. The center position needs to be someone more aggressive and skilled than Cody. And a better rebounder.

I’d be cool with that. I’d rather lose with a Rozier Monk Bacon Bridges Zeller lineup than lose with a Rozier Bacon Batum Bridges Zeller lineup
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,474

Post#1219 » by LofJ » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:45 am

I hope the team can at least find a new home for Marvin. Miles and PJ need his playing time.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,140

Post#1220 » by Rich4114 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:04 am

So what happens if we traded for CP3 and got a first round pick in the process, but then he decided to retire after say the 2021 season? Then that’s not a bad deal for us. The cap space next off season is useless to us and if we could land an extra pick for taking that salary on then it’s something to consider especially if we don’t see him continuing to play through the end of his deal.

Return to Charlotte Hornets