Igoudala trade ideas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: Igoudala trade ideas 

Post#61 » by K_chile22 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:02 pm

jayjaysee wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:This is more of a fun idea than a realistic trade, but say Rockets and Thunder hold off a month to make their deal for this to work:

Rockets out:
CP3, whatever picks were in the deal, all their minimum guys (Chiozza, Frazier, Hartenstein, Clark, Deyonta Davis) all fully guaranteed except for 1 who is only 100k guaranteed, 2 2nd rounders

Rockets get:
Westbrook, Andre

OKC sends: Russ, fake 2nd or fake draft rights for touching rules
OKC receives: Paul, picks from original deal, fake asset for touching

Memphis sends: Andre, fake matching asset
OKC receives: Houston's minimum guys (totalling $6M guaranteed), 2 Houston 2nds

Memphis saves over $11 million dollars and essentially ends up with that GSW 1st and two 2nds to eat just $6M in salary (and two of those guys have given good NBA minutes) which is kinda absurd
Memphis would actually carve out some cap space to sign guys to 4 year deals if they find someone like Cabocolo again or want to trade for a small salary

Not Iggy, because of his huge salary..

But Jae would have easily been able to toss in a deal like this and would have been worth the cost imo
Why does that matter? If they wanted to s&t Shump it would be pretty much the same salary coming back. This works with 125% of outgoing rule
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Post#62 » by vxmike » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:10 pm

Cklbmk wrote:Belinelli + Mills + 2020 spurs 1st?

Please?

Why? The Spurs are the one team that doesn’t need his veteran leadership.
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,013

Post#63 » by vxmike » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:17 pm

Denver for Barton+FRP makes sense. Denver should be trying to get off Barton’s contract as he’s clearly taking steps backwards.

Houston for Shumpert S&T + FRP. Houston needs depth and it’s their only avenue.

Can’t think of anyone else who would offer a First plus has appropriate salaries to match.
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#64 » by JustMoe » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:00 pm

E S V L wrote:1. Clippers: Harkless + Jerome + 2nd
2. Lakers: ???
3. Orlando: Fournier/2020 1st (lottery protected) for Iguodala/2020 Suns 2nd
4. Houston: Shumpert S&T+1st

I really like the Clippers deal for Memphis, the 2nd doesn't even have to be included IMO. Robinson is just entering his 2nd year and deserves a shot, while Harkless is a useful expiring they might even trade again later for small additional value.
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Post#65 » by Mykhyn » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:15 pm

vxmike wrote:
Cklbmk wrote:Belinelli + Mills + 2020 spurs 1st?

Please?

Why? The Spurs are the one team that doesn’t need his veteran leadership.

They need his wing defense. He can be a problem for the elite wings even at his old age
letsgorockets
Rookie
And1: 595

Post#66 » by letsgorockets » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:41 pm

According to SI, the teams in on Iggy are Houston, Dallas, Denver, Clippers, and Lakers. Lakers can't get him in a trade till Dec. 15 as the only contacts they can trade before then belong to AD, LeBron, and Kuzma, so they're functionally out of this. The Clippers don't have much loose salary to send back before Dec. 15 either, basically Harkless/filler/a 1st if they have another to spare is they're best shot. Denver could package maybe Plumlee/filler/1st? Don't see much else they'd want to give up that would match the salaries. Dallas has Courtney Lee, or a large TPE, don't know about their pick situation, but I assume they could come up with a 1st somehow if it were necessary. They probably have the most straight forward path if they wanna pay up the pick Memphis wants. Houston has their '20 1st, and either Gordon or a S&T Shumpert (1st year guaranteed at $13 million w/ 2 non guaranteed years), to offer. Gordon/1st is a huge overpay, so I'm assuming Shump/1st is the best they'll offer. If Memphis wants to get this done before the season, it would seem Dallas/Houston are in the driver's seat, with Denver having an outside shot, and the LA teams closer to out of it.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using RealGM mobile app
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,490

Post#67 » by jayjaysee » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:33 pm

E S V L wrote:1. Clippers: Harkless + Jerome + 2nd
2. Lakers: ???
3. Orlando: Fournier/2020 1st (lottery protected) for Iguodala/2020 Suns 2nd
4. Houston: Shumpert S&T+1st

LAC has PG, Leonard, Lou, McGruder... And should be a destination for buyouts or any vet min guys leftover.. I think if they are trading Mo’s salary (their only salary chip) they need to target a big. Thompson is my favorite target.. Maybe Kelly O?
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#68 » by Prospect Dong » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:47 am

E S V L wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
E S V L wrote:
They are not under any kind of pressure with Igoudala, so I think they are going to wait for a good offer up to the deadline.

You're not going to get anything at the deadline for him and will end up buying him out. Teams simply do not have that type of matching salary very often. I think we all underestimate how much harder it is to make big money trades in season.

Look at the offers discussed on the last couple of pages. A sign and trade for Shump to make the salary work, not possible at the deadline unless Morey goes full ham and signs him to a big deal for no purpose other than potentially trading him later along with four minimum contract guys. Memphis is not going to be able to open up five roster spots to make that work midseason. Or taking in three or four players from the Lakers, same problem.

Memphis should be materially incentivised to let Igoudala play for a contender, either by Igoudala itself or by his new team; otherwise, Memphis will just let his contract expire.

I am not necessarily 100% convinced that there will be a fewer opportunities at the deadline. Many teams are going "all in" in this season and Igouadla is a very rare 100% valuable peace for any contender to immediately become significantly better in PO. Memphis may be more than ready to accept bad contracts, like James Johnson, if good assets are attached.

I think contenders are more likely to realize that some of the wing depth they're relying on right now is fools' gold (or injured) by the deadline. Right now everyone likes to think their first rounders, and maybe their second rounder, can give them viable minutes in the playoffs. By January more than half of them will realize they're wrong, and that they're an Iggy away from a potential deep playoff run. That's Iggy's market, if it doesn't materialize now.

Teams waiting on a buyout probably need to remember Tyreke. Memphis just held on to him when his market didn't reach beyond late seconds, even though they were tanking. Boston could have had with for a 20-something pick and went on to lose a tight game 7 in the ECF when their starting backcourt forgot how to score. I think playing hardball like that could pay off for the Griz this time around.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#69 » by bigmean » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:51 am

SD2042 wrote:
bigmean wrote:Andre Iguodala , and kyle anderson for dion waiters derrick jones and kelly olynyk

Salary almost perfectly match

Two solid role players for miami hopefully eventually compliment butler, bam and paul? Both these guys p Zaza ayed winning ball and position versatily iguodala the 2/3 and slow mo 1/4

memphis get stretch big and perhaps a volume scorer off the bench in waiters i like derrick jones to compliment the youth movement

The Heat are on the record for wanting to keep Derrick Jones. There was the deal from last week that would've landed Dragic in Dallas. However, the Heat called it off when the Mavs asked for Derrick Jones.

At some point they to upper top 8.... keep butler engaged and on best behavior
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#70 » by SD2042 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:43 am

bigmean wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
bigmean wrote:Andre Iguodala , and kyle anderson for dion waiters derrick jones and kelly olynyk

Salary almost perfectly match

Two solid role players for miami hopefully eventually compliment butler, bam and paul? Both these guys p Zaza ayed winning ball and position versatily iguodala the 2/3 and slow mo 1/4

memphis get stretch big and perhaps a volume scorer off the bench in waiters i like derrick jones to compliment the youth movement

The Heat are on the record for wanting to keep Derrick Jones. There was the deal from last week that would've landed Dragic in Dallas. However, the Heat called it off when the Mavs asked for Derrick Jones.

At some point they to upper top 8.... keep butler engaged and on best behavior

No question they need more to keep Butler engage on game nights. It comes down to who else they can get after to best gives Butler, Adebayo, and Winslow the extra punch they need. Another all star would help here. Outside of an aging Chris Paul, who else is available for the Heat to explore?
bigmean
Assistant Coach
And1: 133

Post#71 » by bigmean » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:10 pm

Will this deal i gave them two guys who have major winning mentality... i dont like giving up jones but these guys would ne starter or the forst guys off the bench... both them have special i.e. iguodala clutchness and defense. Anderson's passing and high basketball iq
Olusaf
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#72 » by Olusaf » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:47 pm

To Houston
Andre Iguodala

To Memphis
Norm Powell

To Toronto
Eric Gordon

Works in the trade machine

Houston gets Iggy, Memphis gets a younger player with potential and a cheaper annual deal, Raps get a better scorer and shorter contract
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#73 » by E S V L » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:40 pm

Olusaf wrote:To Houston
Andre Iguodala

To Memphis
Norm Powell

To Toronto
Eric Gordon

Houston gets Iggy, Memphis gets a younger player with potential and a cheaper annual deal, Raps get a better scorer and shorter contract

Could you easily convert Powell into a FRP? No interest from Memphis then, unless a FRP is attached.
FK NFL
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#74 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:42 pm

Andre Iguodala

To Memphis
Norm Powell

To Toronto
Eric Gordon

Norm Powell is overpaid.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#75 » by K_chile22 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:46 pm

Andre Iguodala

To Memphis
Norm Powell

To Toronto
Eric Gordon

Definitely not trading EG for Andre
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#76 » by BullyKing » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:30 am

E S V L wrote:
Andre Iguodala

To Memphis
Norm Powell

To Toronto
Eric Gordon

Could you easily convert Powell into a FRP? No interest from Memphis then, unless a FRP is attached.

You could easily convert Powell into a first round pick provided you were sending out two firsts with him. No idea what Toronto is doing in this deal.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
E S V L
Analyst
And1: 960

Post#77 » by E S V L » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:25 pm

BullyKing wrote:You could easily convert Powell into a first round pick provided you were sending out two firsts with him. No idea what Toronto is doing in this deal.

Oh. Jesus! What are these holy teams?
FK NFL

Return to Trades and Transactions