And1: 1,976

Re: Birdland Presents - The Miles Bridges Thread 

Post#541 » by PerkinsFor3 » Mon Jul 8, 2019 1:02 pm

Great wrote:Rozier
Bacon
Batum
Bridges
Zeller

If they could replace Zeller with a better rim protector that could catch a pass, that starting 5 is pretty balanced.

Martin, Devonte, PJ off the bench

add a SG/SF and rim protector that can catch a pass and it’s on.

Foundation laid, direction chosen.

Imagine a guy like WCjr or Mitchell Robinson instead of Zeller.
Great
Bench Warmer
And1: 65

Post#542 » by Great » Mon Jul 8, 2019 3:04 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:
Great wrote:Rozier
Bacon
Batum
Bridges
Zeller

If they could replace Zeller with a better rim protector that could catch a pass, that starting 5 is pretty balanced.

Martin, Devonte, PJ off the bench

add a SG/SF and rim protector that can catch a pass and it’s on.

Foundation laid, direction chosen.

Imagine a guy like WCjr or Mitchell Robinson instead of Zeller.

Cheick Diallo could do the job, also.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#543 » by BlackOutBuzz » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:33 pm

Borrego: "I definitely see (Bridges) as a starter for us... have to decide if it's at the 3 with Marvin - who was our starter at the 4 - or if we put him at the 4 and surround him with shooters."

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#544 » by BlackOutBuzz » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:40 am

Miles just killed Biz.

Read on Twitter

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
predators
Senior
And1: 319

Post#545 » by predators » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:22 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:I was looking at basketball reference earlier. Nic was 4th in WS, 3rd in BPM, and 2nd best VORP on the team. His offense was negative, but it looks like he was having some sort of defensive impact that I never saw with my own eye test.

Miles was 6th, 7th, & 6th respectively ... so not bad, but apparently not having the same impact that Nic did.

I hate watching Nic play. Hate it. But, as expected for a rookie on a team trying to win last year, Miles has a ways to go yet.

nic showing up as a positive is whats wrong with advanced stats/metrics

Batum is only negative value because of his contract. If he was on a 15 mil/year contract, most would probably like him. He's better than miles.
countryboi
Head Coach
And1: 1,303

Post#546 » by countryboi » Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:31 pm

predators wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:
Vanderbilt_Grad wrote:I was looking at basketball reference earlier. Nic was 4th in WS, 3rd in BPM, and 2nd best VORP on the team. His offense was negative, but it looks like he was having some sort of defensive impact that I never saw with my own eye test.

Miles was 6th, 7th, & 6th respectively ... so not bad, but apparently not having the same impact that Nic did.

I hate watching Nic play. Hate it. But, as expected for a rookie on a team trying to win last year, Miles has a ways to go yet.

Batum is only negative value because of his contract. If he was on a 15 mil/year contract, most would probably like him. He's better than miles.

Nawwwwww....Zero dollars is too much for Batum
The Cut Podcast, An Hilarious barbershop style discussion podcast. Watch us on Youtube and listen to us on all major Podcast Platforms. https://linktr.ee/thecut_podcast
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#547 » by DY_nasty » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:11 pm

predators wrote:
DY_nasty wrote:

absolutely not

dude's efficiency is fraudulent as hell. in the year of our lord 2019 people are still trying to act like a guy who cheats constantly on defense and actively runs away from the ball on offense is some sort of value added to our on the court product
Buzzzz
Senior
And1: 552

Post#548 » by Buzzzz » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:40 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
DY_nasty
General Manager
And1: 4,946

Post#549 » by DY_nasty » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:13 pm

that's low key insane
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#550 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:51 am

No one does a euro into a windmill dunk. Like, no one.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
catch20two
RealGM
And1: 4,666

Post#551 » by catch20two » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:16 am

That euro windmill was impressive.
They will wage war against the Lamb but the Lamb will triumph them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings - and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers." Revelation 17:14 (NIV)
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#552 » by -Ian- » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:30 am

I hope Miles' highlights would be enough to put some seats in the Spectrum Center this season.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,045

Post#553 » by Liver_Pooty » Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:07 am

-Ian- wrote:I hope Miles' highlights would be enough to put some seats in the Spectrum Center this season.

Bacon will have a better year. He cant do crazy **** like that, but hes going to be reaaaaally good.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#554 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:41 pm

Bacon has great feel on offense and is more comfortable with the ball in his hands. But I believe Miles is the better all-around player. Bacon will definitely average more points.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#555 » by MasterIchiro » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:45 pm

The great luxury is we don't have to choose between Monk or Bacon, Bacon or Miles. We get all of them. JB will put them in the right situation to succeed. I'm confident in that. Our pieces fit better than ever since the move, despite losing Kemba. This will be the best fitting team we have seen since the old Hornets. And it seems to be built in anticipation of the game going two-way, perimeter, fast and small. Iso is gone. It's just so much more intuitive than the island of misfits Cho built with Clifford. Talk about robots.
It has been written...
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,147

Post#556 » by JMAC3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 am

Miles has most potential of any player on our team. That is why I hope we try to play him more at the 3, he just isn’t going to be a star as undersized 4.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
Najee12
Pro Prospect
And1: 878

Sh*tty Nicky Batum 

Post#557 » by Najee12 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:45 pm

DY_nasty wrote:
predators wrote:

absolutely not

dude's efficiency is fraudulent as hell. in the year of our lord 2019 people are still trying to act like a guy who cheats constantly on defense and actively runs away from the ball on offense is some sort of value added to our on the court product

I have no idea why some people on this board try to validate having Nicolas Batum. It's like they have the sports equivalent of low self-esteem and feel the Charlotte Hornets don't deserve better than a marginal player on the team.

What some people are not considering is you have to use all aspects of research to evaluate NBA players with a complete picture (not just cherry-picked advanced numbers): raw production, advanced numbers, observing gameplay, historical and current comparison with peers, scouting reports, honors, etc. Each one has strengths and weaknesses, but using them all currently provides a more accurate picture.

Batum was ninth on the Hornets in offensive rating and eighth in defensive rating. He ranked 120th in the NBA in win shares. His shooting percentages went up compared to recent years because he rarely shot the ball (in previous years, Batum had more responsibility but his percentages were marginal). For a player who was second on the team in minutes played, Batum was eighth in offensive rebounding rate, ninth in defensive rebounding rate, 10th in total rebounding rate and 11th in free-throw shooting rates (more advanced numbers).

Anyone who watched Batum play this season could see how he was passive to the point of ineffectiveness. He played more than 2,300 minutes and took less than 90 free throws for the season. His PER was 11.9 (154th in the NBA out of all eligible players) and his usage rate was 13.2 percent (16th on the team and 173rd in the NBA out of all eligible players). All of these numbers show that Batum is an eighth or ninth man on a typical NBA franchise.
Kevin Johnson isn't "Michael Jordan" famous ... he's "Mitch Richmond" famous
SWedd523
RealGM
And1: 5,165

Post#558 » by SWedd523 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:23 pm

JMAC3 wrote:Miles has most potential of any player on our team. That is why I hope we try to play him more at the 3, he just isn’t going to be a star as undersized 4.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

I agree. Miles has shown more flashes earlier than just about any draft pick we've had. I feel like forcing him into the 4 spot to get Batum in the starting lineup is a mistake long term
fatlever
Senior Mod - Hornets
Senior Mod - Hornets
And1: 12,613

Post#559 » by fatlever » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:46 am

miles dunk remix. lol
Read on Twitter
MugzZo
Sixth Man
And1: 902

Post#560 » by MugzZo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:33 pm

Should be rozier/bacon/miles/Washington/zeller. We need go spead up development and not worry about the playoffs and not tank. Maybe we can land a top 5 pick naturally.

Return to Charlotte Hornets