Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Re: Oumar Ballo 

Post#41 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:48 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
peZt wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:Never mind, he was. He averaged seven points and five rebounds. Some people are saying that he’s better than Ballo?

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2019/player/Ibou-Dianko-Badji

Ballo can be better now but that doesn't mean that Badji won't be better than him in the future. Potential has little to do with actual output at such a young age. Otherwise guys like Kanter, Harrison Barnes, Valanciunas etc. would be the best players in the world.

And LeBron James

LeBron is an anomaly, he's not the norm....unless you think Ballo = LeBron.
gundysmullet
Rookie
And1: 644

Post#42 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:18 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

A better prospect, a higher ceiling.[/quote
Based on what, because it is certainly not on their on court performance. Ballo is 16 and was just named to the first team all tournament team playing against guys two or three years older than he is and this other kid that you guys are drooling over wasn’t even the fourth high-scoring player on his own team for Senegal.

You're entitled to your opinion just like we are, why you so mad though, you must be Oumar Ballos girl or something :lol:

Mad? Why would I be mad? Why are you so salty?
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#43 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:19 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
peZt wrote:
Ballo can be better now but that doesn't mean that Badji won't be better than him in the future. Potential has little to do with actual output at such a young age. Otherwise guys like Kanter, Harrison Barnes, Valanciunas etc. would be the best players in the world.

And LeBron James

I used your own logic against you. lol You are arguing for "potential" more than actual on court results and sited guys that did well when they were young, so did I. Why are you so salty?
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#44 » by B-Ball Freak » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:02 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:And LeBron James

I used your own logic against you. lol You are arguing for "potential" more than actual on court results and sited guys that did well when they were young, so did I. Why are you so salty?

So much anger looool
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#45 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:55 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

So much anger looool

So much salt.
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#46 » by gundysmullet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 am

[youtube;feature=youtu.be][/youtube]
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#47 » by peZt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 am

gundysmullet wrote:[youtube;feature=youtu.be][/youtube]

I don't know how you can look at that and claim he has negative verticality. That's just saying something for the sake of being contrarian.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#48 » by Ruzious » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:26 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

Based on what, because it is certainly not on their on court performance. Ballo is 16 and was just named to the first team all tournament team playing against guys two or three years older than he is and this other kid that you guys are drooling over wasn’t even the fourth high-scoring player on his own team for Senegal.

You're entitled to your opinion just like we are, why you so mad though, you must be Oumar Ballos girl or something :lol:

You've been a poster since 2003, and I really need to tell you that's not an acceptable post? Really?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#49 » by UcanUwill » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm

peZt wrote:

I don't know how you can look at that and claim he has negative verticality. That's just saying something for the sake of being contrarian.

He definitely doenst have ton of lift, but he plays bigger, he is such elite rebounder and shot blocker. His big weakness right now is ability to create his own shot. He tries to post up, but then kinda doesnt know what to do and often takes fadeaways that he has no business of taking.
peZt
Sixth Man
And1: 1,642

Post#50 » by peZt » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:38 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
peZt wrote:

He definitely doenst have ton of lift, but he plays bigger, he is such elite rebounder and shot blocker. His big weakness right now is ability to create his own shot. He tries to post up, but then kinda doesnt know what to do and often takes fadeaways that he has no business of taking.

I mean yeah he's not super athletic but from what I've seen people say about him you'd think Jokic could jump twice as high as him.
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#51 » by gundysmullet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:44 pm

peZt wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
peZt wrote:

I mean yeah he's not super athletic but from what I've seen people say about him you'd think Jokic could jump twice as high as him.

It's pride, plain and simple. People start repeating something, regardless of whether it's true or not and when proven wrong, they refuse to admit it. Ballo is a flat out stud and once he loses the baby fat and gets buff....look out. The dude was 7th in scoring for the entire tourney, 1st in rebounds and 1st in blocks. I mean he's doing this at the age of 16! :o :o

http://www.fiba.basketball/world/u19/2019/player/Oumar-Ballo
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#52 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:34 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
peZt wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

It's pride, plain and simple. People start repeating something, regardless of whether it's true or not and when proven wrong, they refuse to admit it. Ballo is a flat out stud and once he loses the baby fat and gets buff....look out. The dude was 7th in scoring for the entire tourney, 1st in rebounds and 1st in blocks. I mean he's doing this at the age of 16! :o :o

I just dont see it, he might turn into a good NBA player but he doesn't wow me at all like Ibou Dianko Badji does. Dianko Badji > Oumar Ballo prospect wise.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#53 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:37 pm

Ruzious wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:

You've been a poster since 2003, and I really need to tell you that's not an acceptable post? Really?

Yeah my bad about that, the other guy was just so suddenly upset for no reason, talking about how we are "drooling over" a player just because we don't like his favourite prospect as much as he does.
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#54 » by gundysmullet » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
peZt wrote:

I just dont see it, he might turn into a good NBA player but he doesn't wow me at all like Ibou Dianko Badji does. Dianko Badji > Oumar Ballo prospect wise.

So the guy who averaged 7 points and 5 rebounds and was 6th on his team in scoring is better than the guy who averaged 18/12 and was first team all tourney? Pride indeed.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#55 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:57 am

gundysmullet wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:

So the guy who averaged 7 points and 5 rebounds and was 6th on his team in scoring is better than the guy who averaged 18/12 and was first team all tourney? Pride indeed.

He WILL be better.
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#56 » by gundysmullet » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:08 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:

I think He WILL be better.

Fixed it for accuracy; opinion rather than fact.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM

Post#57 » by B-Ball Freak » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:32 pm

I actually like both prospects, I just think that Dianko Badji projects better at the pro level we can agree to disagree when it comes to that. One thing is for sure, I think there will be a golden age of African born prospects that's going to hit the NBA in the next 5-10 years. You also have Yannick Nzosa from Congo that is really intruiging too, an athletic freak for his age.
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#58 » by gundysmullet » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:47 am

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...more-fiba-u19s
there are 9 players mentioned, ballo the only zag. each write-up is ~3-4 paragraphs long. here's ballo's opening paragraph:

After being stuck in Paris with visa issues and missing the first two days of the tournament, Ballo landed in Greece and was the difference in helping Mali make a historic run to the championship game, averaging an impressive 18 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks per game. The Gonzaga commit will be one of the youngest players in college basketball this season, making his performance in Crete all the more impressive when considering the circumstances. Ballo is a force inside the paint at 6-foot-10, 250 pounds with a massive 7-6 wingspan and 9-5 standing reach, moving opponents around with his powerful frame and brute force. He's also highly skilled, with soft hands, nimble feet, an array of moves spinning off opponents and an increasingly polished turnaround jumper, featuring a high release and excellent touch.
obviously quite positive. further paragraphs mention concerns: verticality, free throw shooting, shooting in general, defensive agility, etc.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#59 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:27 am

Can someone explain how whole college thing work, he is 17 and i am not sure he even speaks English, but he is going to be a student? I know that the whole college athlete thing is a sham and all, but this is blatant.
Pekovic_MIP21
Ballboy
And1: 8

Oumar Ballo 

Post#60 » by Pekovic_MIP21 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:28 pm

UcanUwill wrote:Can someone explain how whole college thing work, he is 17 and i am not sure he even speaks English, but he is going to be a student? I know that the whole college athlete thing is a sham and all, but this is blatant.

There is no age requirement on college as long as you complete all of the prerequisite requirements. I agree 17 is young but it’s not that uncommon either.

I’ve seen interviews with Ballo and he seems to speak English almost fluently...very well spoken. I heard he speaks several languages with French being his primary language as he mentioned having other French speakers like Killian Tillie and Joel Ayayi as something he liked about Gonzaga.

Much different that when Rui came to Gonzaga because the language barrier was one of his biggest challenges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to NBA Draft