ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,452

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:57 pm

Read on Twitter

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#2 » by NTB » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:27 pm

Started already? :lol:
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#3 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:03 am

What's the general consensus on the strength of the 2020 class?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#4 » by darealjuice » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:46 am

lilfishi22 wrote:What's the general consensus on the strength of the 2020 class?

Strong guard class
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#5 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:02 am

darealjuice wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:What's the general consensus on the strength of the 2020 class?

Strong guard class

Should be good if we can find our PG of the future
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#6 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:14 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
darealjuice wrote:

Strong guard class

The guards are solid but there are also some intriguing other guys mentioned in that article, like the guy compared to Luka (Deni Avdija). And I don't know anything about Amar Sylla but the description sounds a little bit like Giannis.

That Oscar (Big O) guy sounds interesting too, but I'm not sure if he can shoot.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#7 » by kennydorglas » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:02 am

Cole Anthony. PLEASE
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#8 » by No-Man » Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:46 pm

Pretty deep, pretty meh at the top, really good at Guard

It doesn't have to me a tier I guy and probably not even a tier II it's a bad year to tank if you need a franchise player

I think the Suns likely end up with like the 6th-7th best odds, so pencil in the 8th pick probably

That's not bad
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#9 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:00 pm

As I said, glad to see some known faces here.
Fischella is a legend at Spanish basket forums.

There's even a Phoenix Suns thread with his spanish nick at the title.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#10 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:56 pm

Fischella wrote:

Pretty deep, pretty meh at the top, really good at Guard

It doesn't have to me a tier I guy and probably not even a tier II it's a bad year to tank if you need a franchise player

I think the Suns likely end up with like the 6th-7th best odds, so pencil in the 8th pick probably

That's not bad

This can change some throughout the year, but it's good the guard class is deep. I think Jerome will be a nice long term player and top tier backup possibly, but not sure he is a starter on a really good team (though that's possible), so maybe can get a long term starting PG next year if need be.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,477

Post#11 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:50 pm

As Bgood has mentioned in the past, The 2020 draft is really deep with point guards.But I would also add that I believe that it also has a fair amount of high potential big men that could add front court depth and athleticism.

Depending upon where we pick, I'm going to guess in the 8-14 range possibly. I really like Isiah Stewart http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/isaiah-stewart.html?m=1.

For my part, I do think he possesses some Amare type potential athletically. He's got a very muscular frame and also should fill out to become quite a power player at the 4/5. Maybe in my opinion, a mix of Amare/ Derrick Favors, with respect to his power and aggression attacking the basket.

There's also Ayo Dosunma-- Who potentially projects along the lines of another Jrue Holidayat the guard position. http://www.nbadraftroom.com/2017/08/ayo-dosunmu.html?m=1.

And my pick for the absolute steal of the draft- Amar Sylla he's raw in terms of his shooting, But has great size, fluidity, unbelievable athleticism and instincts. Projects along the lines of another Pascal Siakim honestly too. I figure that he'd be available around the late teens to early 20s'. We absolutely should try to reacquire another mid first if at all possible to be able to take a flier on this kid. http://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/amar-sylla.html?m=1.

Overall, It'd be great if we could somehow land in the top 3-5 of the Lottery. And subsequently pick Anthony Edwards( Victor Oladipo on steroids), or Isiah Stewart ( Amare/ Favors). But should we once again find ourselves outside of the top of the lottery again, players like Amar Sylla/ Ayo Dosunma/ Scottie Lewis/ Tyrese Maxey would all still be great picks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/nba/2019/06/24/2020-nba-draft-big-board-rj-hampton-cole-anthony-lamelo-ball . Personally I hope we look for defensive players at the power forward and shooting guard positions.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,687

Post#12 » by Qwigglez » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:56 am

Not gonna waste my time looking at prospects within the top 20. Who's the 21st best player? ;)
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#13 » by TheLogician » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:14 am

Tyrese Maxey is having an impressive first game. He's playing the Booker sixth man role for Kentucky.
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Post#14 » by Crives » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:22 am

I think this is the year to get a Skilled stretch C/PF that we can let develop for a few years... hopefully we are not drafting high enough where we are drafting a guard more talented then Jerome... Jeromes development this year probably determines what we do.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Post#15 » by Golanator » Wed Nov 6, 2019 5:59 am

Jahmi’us Ramsey had an impressive debut for Tech. Was a 5-star on Rivals. 6’4” shooting guard who is an explosive athlete and known more of a defender but went 3/4 from deep tonight. Would be huge if he can be a consistent shooter.

8/15 FG
3/4 3 pt
19 points
4 rebounds
2 assists
3 steals
1 block

He could be a 1 and done for sure who gets picked in the 20’s.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#16 » by ATTL » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:09 am

I have no idea where we end up in the draft.

Other than the top prospects, I'll be looking at Bassey and precious. Several guys usually shoot up the board after unexpected improvement so there should be someone there for Jones to scout.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:14 am

I really know NO decent prospects in this draft. I looked at the rosters of the top two teams playing tonight (Mich St and Kentucky) and didn't know a player. I think I looked at Duke too. Rare not to know any. Good not to care too much. Obviously I'll be watching a lot of Josh Green and Nico Mannion, both lottery projections as of now. I agree we need to find that PF like the Wiz did with PJ.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,477

Post#18 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:23 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
darealjuice wrote:
Strong guard class

The guards are solid but there are also some intriguing other guys mentioned in that article, like the guy compared to Luka (Deni Avdija). And I don't know anything about Amar Sylla but the description sounds a little bit like Giannis.

That Oscar (Big O) guy sounds interesting too, but I'm not sure if he can shoot.

You were right even way back man in that the guard class is really deep and encouraging. I'm very happy with our newfound depth, chemistry and defensive tenacity. I'm also content with not being in the top 5 of the lottery anymore!

A couple of thoughts that I have are:

If we're looking at guards-
1- Ayo Dosunma -Has Jrue Holiday characteristics and potential. And could be a potential steal near the end of the first round.

2- Tyrese Maxey - Could really boost our scoring and help Booker shoulder some of the offensive load. He's a slick and crafty scorer, Who has the potential to develop into Lou Williams/ Jamal Crawford type of scoring guard. He could be a real bargain in the late teens to early 20s' of the draft.

3- Tyrese Haliburton- He's got good size at 6'5, with a 7'0 wingspan, So he's got good defensive potential. He's been shooting at a 40% + click on his threes. But perhaps most impressive is his assist to turnover ratio, Which is around 4 to 1.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tyrese-haliburton-1.html. This season, He averaged around 12 points/ 8 rebounds/ and a ridiculous 14 assists. He'd be an absolute bargain for us outside of the lottery I think. He has the potential to be a mix of Zach Lavine/ Ron Harper I believe.

But with that being said, I think a more critical position needing to be addressed would have to be our frontcourt!

Now IF we're lucky enough to somehow compete for the playoffs or even make the playoffs and yet be in his draft range somehow, My top choice would be:

1- Isiah Stewart- ( I don't honestly see him falling far enough to be in our range though currently!) But he's in my opinion, kind of a mixture of Derrick Favors/ Elton Brandt. However, he's also got a tremendous build, Is aggressive and dominant in the paint, and I personally think he's got the potential to develop into an Amare type of player for us. He's just a big, powerful and dominating player honestly.

2- Amyr Sylla- ( ***My favorite big man outside of the lottery). I love his length, dirtworker attitude, tenacity, fluidity and defensive tenacity. He really reminds me of a young Pascal Siakim. But I believe his actual potential may be greater even. As you already mentioned, perhaps even Giannis potential!

He's got the potential to become an absolute steal for us near the mid to end of the first round honestly, and could very well end up as the steal of the draft for whatever team drafts him. He should absolutely be our top target big outside of the lottery.

Additionally, He'd blend seamlessly into our newfound defensive scheme, and could really help cover for Aytons' weakside defencies. Resulting in even more defensive depth and versatility to our team. Those would be my respective targets to add even more depth to our team, Yet not disrupt our current defensive schemes or chemistry.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#19 » by darealjuice » Fri Nov 8, 2019 10:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Wooooooooow
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns