RJ Barrett

Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: RJ Barrett 

Post#841 » by Stillwater » Mon Jul 8, 2019 8:26 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:I was mostly out the game this year, but I can see RJ's bust risk from space. He is a non-elite athlete who's not even that skilled. Volume scoring on mediocre efficiency is overhyped in college, but RJs moves aren't even that good. And seems like the definition of a high school player that dominated cause he was physically developed.

Barrett might be a bust in NY at first but he will not be a bust if you understand my meaning...the kid has a broken J, but his bbiq, ability to make others better, relentless motor,rebounding and finishing skill, and most importantly his desire to be in NY all bode well for him despite the impatience of a fanbase that is sick of losing, because he isn't helping them win enough games to be relevant without better floor spacers around him.
btw suggesting he isn't that skilled is a terrible take. so you and the rest of the world wouldn't have taken him at 3 only NY would, yet everyone was debating him or Ja at 2 right up until draft night.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,531

Post#842 » by Alatan » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:15 am

UcanUwill wrote:Man, if he busts, I never trust U19 tournament ever again.

You never should have.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,660

Post#843 » by VanWest82 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 3:53 am

Barrett will be a good basketball player when he learns how to shoot, pass, and dribble. Until then things aren't looking good.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,537

Post#844 » by UcanUwill » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:23 am

Alatan wrote:

You never should have.

Well yeah, but I love u19 world cup. The level of competition is very similar to college, so I love seeing standouts play in that, but I get that college stars often turn into nothing too, so really all that youth and non pro players is a gamble after all. This year I really loved Ballo from Mali, his defense is insane good.
EMG518
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#845 » by EMG518 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 6:21 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I was mostly out the game this year, but I can see RJ's bust risk from space. He is a non-elite athlete who's not even that skilled. Volume scoring on mediocre efficiency is overhyped in college, but RJs moves aren't even that good. And seems like the definition of a high school player that dominated cause he was physically developed.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to think this and then watch your team draft him. What are these people getting paid for with the franchise, I just don't understand how it happens.
orlandomanic
Bench Warmer
And1: 334

Post#846 » by orlandomanic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:12 pm

He looks like a #2 BUST who got drafted at #3. Michael Beasley, Derrick Williams, Marvin Williams, Jabari Parker...

Barrett will be that guy for the 2019 draft class.
orlandomanic
Bench Warmer

Post#847 » by orlandomanic » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:16 pm

I followed the Barrett hype after his amazing performance against team USA, but then when I watched his other games that year, it was obvious he is a deeply flawed player with alot of weaknesses and low IQ.

Then when you re-watch the USA Canada game, you then see he is also forcing up alot of bad shots, but it is just going in, so talk about having one good game at the right time.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,179

Post#848 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:48 am

lol @ the hot takes after the first couple of SL games...

21/10/8 today in 28 mins, 3rd double double of the SL
clyde21
RealGM

Post#849 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:58 am

RJ last 3 games: 20pts / 9rbs / 6asts, +40
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#850 » by King Ken » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:34 am

clyde21 wrote:RJ last 3 games: 20pts / 9rbs / 6asts, +40

three prong player. (points, rebs, assists) I keep saying it and he was one of the most skilled wing prospects to enter in along time. The stats will be there.
Upperclass
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,765

Post#851 » by Upperclass » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:47 am

Lol dude is legit terrible
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#852 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:42 am

Barrett has "Evan Turner 2.0" written all over him
King Ken
General Manager

Post#853 » by King Ken » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:45 am

As someone who didn't like Evan Turner as a prospect like that and really don't like Jarrett Culver like that. Barrett is nothing like them. R.J. is more like a less polished and a lesser Luka Doncic with more defensive potential chops and obvious speed.

R.J. will put up numbers from the jump as a three prong.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#854 » by clyde21 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:32 am

Upperclass wrote:Lol dude is legit terrible

TeRRiBlE!
orlandomanic
Bench Warmer

Post#855 » by orlandomanic » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:12 pm

King Ken wrote:As someone who didn't like Evan Turner as a prospect like that and really don't like Jarrett Culver like that. Barrett is nothing like them. R.J. is more like a less polished and a lesser Luka Doncic with more defensive potential chops and obvious speed.

Doncic can hit a 3, and free throws, Barrett cannot. Your post is just laughably dumb.

Turner or Tyreke Evans is a good comparison to Barrett, all don't have a jump shot and way overhyped.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#856 » by King Ken » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:28 pm

orlandomanic wrote:
King Ken wrote:As someone who didn't like Evan Turner as a prospect like that and really don't like Jarrett Culver like that. Barrett is nothing like them. R.J. is more like a less polished and a lesser Luka Doncic with more defensive potential chops and obvious speed.

Doncic can hit a 3, and free throws, Barrett cannot. Your post is just laughably dumb.

Turner or Tyreke Evans is a good comparison to Barrett, all don't have a jump shot and way overhyped.

Tyreke Evans is a good comparison for Doncic and R.J. but you do realize that both R.J. and Luka BBIQ is significantly higher than Evans right?

I don't see the Turner comparison. He is no where close to Evans, Barrett or Doncic.

R.J. shoots the three with a lot of volume and he shots a ton of different type of threes like Luka. Doncic FT shooting is meh like Barrett. Quit trolling please.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#857 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 pm

orlandomanic wrote:

what were luka's shooting splits last year?
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#858 » by Marty McFly » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:39 pm

King Ken wrote:
orlandomanic wrote:

Tyreke Evans is a good comparison for Doncic and R.J. but you do realize that both R.J. and Luka BBIQ is significantly higher than Evans right?

I don't see the Turner comparison. He is no where close to Evans, Barrett or Doncic.

R.J. shoots the three with a lot of volume and he shots a ton of different type of threes like Luka. Doncic FT shooting is meh like Barrett. Quit trolling please.

i'm quite high on luka, but this dude is talking like luka shot like a splash bro last year.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Post#859 » by kb02 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:16 pm

I don't understand why people are giving him credit for having a "desire to be in NY". It's not like he's a grizzled vet, who has had extensive media and fan pressure and openly wants to play on the biggest stage. This is a 19 year old kid, who says he wants to be in NY, but has no idea what that exactly means.
BostonCouchGM
Head Coach
And1: 4,857

Post#860 » by BostonCouchGM » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:24 pm

orlandomanic wrote:

Doncic shot 32% from three and just 71% FT. Talk about laughably dumb

Return to NBA Draft