ImageImageImage

Deividas Sirvydis

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,225

Re: Deividas Sirvydis 

Post#41 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:50 pm

Kilo wrote:I believe I read Detroit paid $2M for the #57 to select Jordan Bone. So he still ends up with $3M as pocket money.

Yep.

So at the end of the day Detroit turned #30 + #45 into a draft and stash + a 2 way contract player + a distant future 2nd + $3 mil in cash.

Its entirely within reasonable logic that the cash ends up being the most valuable commodity in that return.
thesack12
RealGM

Post#42 » by thesack12 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:The $5 million probably helped but in the spur of the moment its hard to say.

Its a good thing to have a 1.7 million left. Gives flexibility for making trades. Being completely capped out is not a good spot for the team to be. Even that amount can-be helpful.

I completely agree Gores is a bad owner but sometimes its nice to pocket $5 million for nothing. Once the snell trade came through there probably already was a decision to trade that pick. $5 mill made it easier.

I completely agree about the flexibility, said as much in the Pau Gasol thread. However, my standpoint on that is sacrificing the flexibility on the likes of Pau Gasol, isn't the same as sacrificing on the likes of KPJ/Carsen Edwards/Bol/Fernando/etc. The potential upside of those prospects make it worthwhile.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#43 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:18 am

We're already trying to develop:

Kennard
Brown
Sekou
Svi
Thomas

While also trying to make the playoffs.

I'm blown away that people are so pissed about #30.

Before the Snell trade we had Jon Boy! I'm grateful he's gone. Anything after that is icing

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,465

Post#44 » by Canadafan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 am

Pharaoh wrote:We're already trying to develop:

Kennard
Brown
Sekou
Svi
Thomas

Before the Snell trade we had Jon Boy! I'm grateful he's gone. Anything after that is icing

I hear ya. And I mean that in no way disrespectful to the ones that bring it up often. It really doesnt seem like a big deal to me. It's the name that was drafted 30th and the name that could have been drafted after I guess. Hopefully the guy we picked at 37th turns out good so we can all move on hehe
thesack12
RealGM

Post#45 » by thesack12 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:43 am

Pharaoh wrote:We're already trying to develop:

Kennard
Brown
Sekou
Svi
Thomas

A debate could be had whether they are actually trying to develop Thomas and Svi or not.

And again, if having too many guys around to develop is a problem, its not hard to rectify that issue. Young dirt cheap players aren't hard to move. Also, a case can easily be made that guys like KPJ, Edwards, etc are much better prospects than Svi/Thomas/and even Brown.

Again, I'm not personally buying the too many developmentals argument. Detroit isn't loaded with quality prospects. They have a handful of low level prospects that having in house shouldn't preclude turning down any potential talent upgrades.

I've made my thoughts on the Snell trade very well known on this board, no need to go into again. That said, the Snell trade and trading #30 are two entirely different situations. Also, we can't forget they traded away #45 as well. The return they got for those 2 picks is laughably bad, especially considering the way the board looked when #30 went on the clock.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#46 » by El Chivo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:11 pm

do we have any news about this guy?
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#47 » by Han Solo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:33 pm

El Chivo wrote:do we have any news about this guy?

I watched one of his games the last week or so. He looked good man.

Return to Detroit Pistons