Image ImageImage Image

NBA FA Signings / Available players

SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Re: NBA FA Signings / Available players 

Post#741 » by SimonFish » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:16 am

Ben wrote:So the Nets signed David Nwabe to a 2-year deal. What a shame for the Bulls. That guy has guts and talent; he just can't (yet) shoot the 3 at an acceptable 2000-teens-era level. IMO, if a team signs him and gets their coaches to work almost exclusively with him on the 3 ball, he could become an extremely valuable role player on a value contract. Wonder why the Bulls declined to follow through with him?
Apparently Nwaba wanted a bigger role but we could not promise it because we had Hutch and Valentine (and Shaq to replace his defense).
In any event there is a reason why Nwaba was also not getting any minutes on a Cavs team worse than us. Nwaba is the type of player that grow on trees - pure defensive wing that could not shoot. Same things of "what if he can develop a jumpshot" can be said to Ronnie Brewer, Shaq Harrison and a few more players, but they could never develop any jumpshot.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
kulaz3000
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 23,820

Post#742 » by kulaz3000 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:00 am

SimonFish wrote:
Ben wrote:So the Nets signed David Nwabe to a 2-year deal. What a shame for the Bulls. That guy has guts and talent; he just can't (yet) shoot the 3 at an acceptable 2000-teens-era level. IMO, if a team signs him and gets their coaches to work almost exclusively with him on the 3 ball, he could become an extremely valuable role player on a value contract. Wonder why the Bulls declined to follow through with him?
Apparently Nwaba wanted a bigger role but we could not promise it because we had Hutch and Valentine (and Shaq to replace his defense).
In any event there is a reason why Nwaba was also not getting any minutes on a Cavs team worse than us. Nwaba is the type of player that grow on trees - pure defensive wing that could not shoot. Same things of "what if he can develop a jumpshot" can be said to Ronnie Brewer, Shaq Harrison and a few more players, but they could never develop any jumpshot.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

Yeah, I rooted for him because he always played hard, and seemed like a really good kid, but he really isn't someone you lose sleep over. I don't agree that players like him grow on trees however, there aren't many players who play as hard and as consistently as hard as players like Nwaba or Harrison, they are a lot rarer than I hope they were.

I prefer that the Bulls are taking a chance on younger players with more potential like Adam Mokoka who can fit the role that Nwaba provided, he has great physical tools, is really athletic, has the potential to be a good defensive player, but also has offensive skill. We've gone from Nwaba, to Harrison to Mokoka, and I actually like Mokoka's potential the most.
Why so serious?
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#743 » by rtblues » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 am

I was just waiting for the post-Nwaba signing comments and they're here.
Can we at least stick to a realistic narrative of what Nwaba is and is not?
Guys, we know who he is, he already showed us, and no, we didn't miss-out on some "big deal" here.
He's not a difference maker in any way. Let it go. He played hard, yada yada...
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#744 » by Axolotl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:43 pm

Is this... Is this the wing the Bulls have been waiting for...?

Read on Twitter
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#745 » by Hangtime84 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Axolotl wrote:Is this... Is this the wing the Bulls have been waiting for...?

Read on Twitter

No we traded him as soon as we got him
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#746 » by panthermark » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:22 pm

Read on Twitter

We had him once before......for a day. Basically told him to not get off the plane. We got him July 5th 2006, and traded him away for nothing on July 6th 2006. He was a bit of a headcase back then...(and probably now).
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#747 » by sco » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:29 pm

Read on Twitter

LOL - if he wasn't such a head case, he'd be perfect...but then again, he wouldn't have been released.
:clap:
Mech Engineer
RealGM
And1: 4,804

Post#748 » by Mech Engineer » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:29 pm

panthermark wrote:

Read on Twitter

We had him once before......for a day. Basically told him to not get off the plane. We got him July 5th 2006, and traded him away for nothing on July 6th 2006. He was a bit of a headcase back then...(and probably now).

He should have been done 7-8 years back...LeBron resurrected him a little bit but for he is probably not going to get any offers.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#749 » by MrFortune3 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter

No. No he is not.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,652

Post#750 » by sco » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter

It's a shame we just brought in two guys, I always thought this kid was decent. That said, he never seems to stick anywhere - so maybe something wrong with him.
:clap:
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#751 » by panthermark » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:48 am

sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's a shame we just brought in two guys, I always thought this kid was decent. That said, he never seems to stick anywhere - so maybe something wrong with him.

Well, he did grab a missed (offensive) FT dribbled the wrong way in the closing seconds of the Finals. Yeah...he could have won the game with a simple put back....but where is the drama in that?

Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#752 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:07 am

Read on Twitter

This is the truth
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
boozapalooza
Rookie
And1: 656

Post#753 » by boozapalooza » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:26 am

sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

Signing Christian Wood is an absolute no brainer for us. Especially with Wendell’s injury. Regardless of them being meaningless games, after how he played down the stretch, why not take a flyer on this guy?
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#754 » by MGB8 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:26 am

boozapalooza wrote:
sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

Signing Christian Wood is an absolute no brainer for us. Especially with Wendell’s injury. Regardless of them being meaningless games, after how he played down the stretch, why not take a flyer on this guy?

Would love the move if the Bulls have the roster spot.
BahamaBull
General Manager
And1: 2,123

Post#755 » by BahamaBull » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:39 am

MGB8 wrote:
boozapalooza wrote:
sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

Would love the move if the Bulls have the roster spot.

I thought we were going to sign one more player...I think even Pax mentioned that on a recent interview didnt he?
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#756 » by MrFortune3 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:07 am

panthermark wrote:
sco wrote:
Read on Twitter

Well, he did grab a missed (offensive) FT dribbled the wrong way in the closing seconds of the Finals. Yeah...he could have won the game with a simple put back....but where is the drama in that?

I believe he was talking about Christian Wood, not Jr Smiff.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#757 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:40 am

Lol, the bulls should get holiday as insurance to not play Zach at the 3 and because hutch and denzel haven't shown a lot. Hutch can come through once he starts playing his normal position the 3.

The reason why i laugh is because holiday will defer to Zach and Zach will probably become our DeFacto 3 in that lineup.
It's kind of ironic but also empowers Zach so I like it.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,410

Post#758 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:01 pm

panthermark wrote:

Read on Twitter

Didn’t we do that to Larry Hughes then traded Wallace for him and the trade him for Tim Thomas who snubbed us?
step
Lead Assistant
And1: 463

Post#759 » by step » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:59 am

Michael Jackson wrote:Didn’t we do that to Larry Hughes then traded Wallace for him and the trade him for Tim Thomas who snubbed us?

Tim Thomas was a part of the Curry trade (Tim Thomas, Jermaine Jackson and Mike Sweetney + picks for Eddy Curry, Antonio Davis + picks), JR wasn't a part of it.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,410

Post#760 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:05 am

step wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:Didn’t we do that to Larry Hughes then traded Wallace for him and the trade him for Tim Thomas who snubbed us?

Tim Thomas was a part of the Curry trade (Tim Thomas, Jermaine Jackson and Mike Sweetney + picks for Eddy Curry, Antonio Davis + picks), JR wasn't a part of it.

I was actually referring to the second Tim Thomas trade in 2009 because it fit my Larry Hughes narrative, which both loosely fit the JR Smith narrative to a degree. Hughes does for sure. Mind you I don’t want smith never did and don’t think he was coming here.

Return to Chicago Bulls