Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Re: Thunder Offseason Thread 

Post#3901 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:34 am

spearsy23 wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Even if Paul is a malcontent, I don’t see him doing irreparable damage if he’s here until the deadline.

What could he possibly do that's going to damage the development of the young guys more than the offense we've employed? Guys may hate him, but it's still going to be beneficial in terms of learning to work and run offenses.

I don’t want the next generation of stars to have the sense of entitlement and arrogance we’ve seen the last few years with the technicals, trash talking etc. Let’s actually quit talking about being like the spurs and actually do it.

Chris Paul is a good player on the court. I just don’t want him taking a guy like Shai and trying to go into an opposing teams locker room to fight guys. Or I don’t want him stunting development of young guys because some cranky malcontent criticizes them non stop. Like I said, he’ll be fine if he’s gone by the all star break.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#3902 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 am

slick_watts wrote:what is he supposed to say, lol?

chris paul is only here because houston didn't want him. we're trying to trade him some place without getting gouged so please be patient.

That would be nice, yes. Maybe also ask him to get rid of the dad bod too.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,487

Post#3903 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:45 am

Balkman32 wrote:Why would CP3 come here to take a physical if he was just gonna be shipped to Miami. I expect this CP3 stuff to go on for a little bit.

Because if he can't pass our physical he can't pass one for another team so we wouldn't be able to flip him. We have to make sure he can pass a physical. Even if there is already a deal in place you need to know if there is anything that could come up in the other team's physical. You don't want them to look at him, after you acquire him, and tell you there are problems that you didn't know about because you didn't do your job right.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
RunOKC
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,382

Post#3904 » by RunOKC » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:48 am

Sinobas wrote:So Damian Lillard not only knocked you guys out of the playoffs, he totally destroyed your team. =)

The shot that killed your franchise:

OKC has more of a future than Portland does at this point

Congrats on your win and way to be a douche :wink:
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,487

Post#3905 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:51 am

Sinobas wrote:So Damian Lillard not only knocked you guys out of the playoffs, he totally destroyed your team. =)

Maybe it is the shot that saved the franchise. They were never going to be good enough to get out of the first round. It woke PG up to that reality and he was able to force Presti to start the rebuild that should have started a few years earlier. Now OKC has a loaded war chest for the rebuild that was going to happen at some point. This just gets it fired off with a great young player in SGA, lots of assets and a few less lopsided playoff series.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
oreojenkins
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#3906 » by oreojenkins » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:05 am

Congrats on finally winning a playoff series. I really am grateful for the kickstart to our rebuild. Bright future you guys have ahead of you...

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#3907 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:06 am

LMAO. Most of us wanted the team blown up. We could tell we were stuck in purgatory. Just like the blazers. Too good to tank. Not good enough to seriously contend.

Sent from my Pixel using RealGM mobile app
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#3908 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:08 am

trolls are so annoying.
Sinobas
Analyst
And1: 497

Post#3909 » by Sinobas » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 am

It was really the Paul George trade that ended up doing you in. You could have kept Oladiop and Sabonis, then traded Westbrook for Paul, and you'd have a pretty good core.

You guys have lost more talent for nothing over the past 10 years than any other team in the nba.
Thundershock88
Starter
And1: 2,234

Post#3910 » by Thundershock88 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:34 am

Sinobas wrote:It was really the Paul George trade that ended up doing you in. You could have kept Oladiop and Sabonis, then traded Westbrook for Paul, and you'd have a pretty good core.

You guys have lost more talent for nothing over the past 10 years than any other team in the nba.

You could have had Michael Jordan and Kevin Durant. It is what it is.
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 906

Post#3911 » by retrobro90 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:37 am

Sinobas wrote:It was really the Paul George trade that ended up doing you in. You could have kept Oladiop and Sabonis, then traded Westbrook for Paul, and you'd have a pretty good core.

Okay troll I'll feed you. Galaxy brain idea there to trade the reigning MVP in 2017 for a disgruntled PG (who openly told every team he was going to leave after one season to go to the Lakers) to join non-all star Oladipo and rookie Sabonis. Why didn't Sam (complete MORON) Presti think of that, I wonder?

Glad you're off all those braindead 2016 signings just in time for Olshey to master-mindedly chase Hassan Whiteside.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#3912 » by jake_swivel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:47 am

slick_watts wrote:trolls are so annoying.

If they weren’t, they’d just call them “super cool dudes”.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#3913 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:52 am

I don't think we should underestimate the possibility that we're at least keeping Paul for a bit here. You all may not understand the amount of good will he still has here among the casual fans. Could definitely see the team possibly wanting to milk this a bit.
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#3914 » by Andre Roberstan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:51 am

Team board trolling. I told you last time. Take your warning and go.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder