Old thread:

viewtopic.php?f=334&t=1830468

Post your offseason stuff here.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Re: Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild 

Post#2 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:27 am

Some of these Twitter dudes need to chill. A basketball player changed teams, a houseful of orphans didn't die tragically on adoption day.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,013

Post#3 » by Rapaz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:32 am

Out with the old:

In with the older than dirt:

Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#4 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 am

spearsy23 wrote:Some of these Twitter dudes need to chill. A basketball player changed teams, a houseful of orphans didn't die tragically on adoption day.

I love how Windhorst has gone from "OKC will give up multiple picks to move CP3" to "OKC is no rush to move CP3". There is no clock on moving CP3. OKC has nothing but time. The only issue with turning Russ into CP3 is that it makes OKC better this year and they didn't want to increase their win total. They have months before that actually becomes an issue. They time to move Gallinari and CP3 before the season. There is plenty of time for a team to decide they have a chance this year and upgrade to CP3 while giving fair value.

I really do feel sorry for Houston fans. If they thought CP3 was bad, and they "only" won 67% of the games he played in last year, they are really not going to like Russ. If only last off-season Presti could have pulled something like this with Melo. It would have looked something like Millsap and picks for Melo.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#5 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:29 am

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
spearsy23 wrote:Some of these Twitter dudes need to chill. A basketball player changed teams, a houseful of orphans didn't die tragically on adoption day.

I love how Windhorst has gone from "OKC will give up multiple picks to move CP3" to "OKC is no rush to move CP3". There is no clock on moving CP3. OKC has nothing but time. The only issue with turning Russ into CP3 is that it makes OKC better this year and they didn't want to increase their win total. They have months before that actually becomes an issue. They time to move Gallinari and CP3 before the season. There is plenty of time for a team to decide they have a chance this year and upgrade to CP3 while giving fair value.

I really do feel sorry for Houston fans. If they thought CP3 was bad, and they "only" won 67% of the games he played in last year, they are really not going to like Russ. If only last off-season Presti could have pulled something like this with Melo. It would have looked something like Millsap and picks for Melo.

So you're really upset about that trade, right? It's exactly the move you've been saying presti shouldn't make...
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,498

Post#6 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:58 am

spearsy23 wrote:So you're really upset about that trade, right? It's exactly the move you've been saying presti shouldn't make...

Upset about what trade? I am enjoying the moves off this off-season very much. I'm just waiting patiently to see what the return on CP3 and Gallinari ends up being, although if those wait until during the season it won't bother me one bit.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,188

Post#7 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:21 am

If the spurs are looking to move DeRozan that could be a good thing for us.

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,072

Post#8 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:58 am

Great offseason but damn that hurts to open this page with Westbook wearing this ugly Houston jersey
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm

Read on Twitter

The Miami media is really trying hard to make it seem like we have no idea what we're doing and Presti is in panic mode.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,289

Post#10 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:24 pm

So it looks like our new favorite twitter account (mine, anyway) has an alt. People in the replies suggesting this is someone just looking for decently supported rumors on Reddit and then reposting them. We'll see.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#11 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:31 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Miami media is really trying hard to make it seem like we have no idea what we're doing and Presti is in panic mode.

I get the feeling they're using this glib sunuvabich at this point to manage the fanbase's expectations. They know Paul would make them better instantly, that they'd at least have a puncher's chance of making noise in the East, and that they've surrendered all of that over a couple draft picks, the same ones they are now trying to make us look dumb for wanting to hold onto. Gotta shape that narrative that we're the ones being ridiculous.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Post#12 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:33 pm

that guy is an idiot. westbrook was traded to houston because that's where he wanted to go.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:41 pm

slick_watts wrote:that guy is an idiot. westbrook was traded to houston because that's where he wanted to go.

What's his rep in that town? Riley stooge?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:00 pm

slick_watts wrote:that guy is an idiot. westbrook was traded to houston because that's where he wanted to go.

Does Miami have reliable beat writer/insider?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#15 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel like the Heat org definitely using BJ for propoganda. CP is a goood player.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
Read on Twitter

I feel like the Heat org definitely using BJ for propoganda. CP is a goood player.

What do you think the heat really want to do? Do they really believe they can get Beal? Are they content to wait a year with the current roster?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,024

Post#17 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:11 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:

ira winderman is more sensible than barry jackson and dan le batard even though he's not a beat writer probably has the most reliable sources and will give it unfiltered.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,601

Post#18 » by DayofMourning » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:20 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:What do you think the heat really want to do? Do they really believe they can get Beal? Are they content to wait a year with the current roster?

Riley will forever chase the big fish. He's been pretty good at doing that through trades over the years. Heck, he even traded for Bosh and Lebron...when the Heat had space and they were FAs! :lol:

I expect that they'll try for Beal, as he might be the best available player they're liking to be able to get. Washington is in a unique situation due to Wall's injury and bloated contract. That team might be willing to do a sign and trade if compensated heavily with picks and young players. I don't regard Beal as some transcendent talent, but he would fit what this team needs on multiple levels.

In my eyes, if the Thunder and Heat were to do a deal, and that returned our draft picks (just speculating here), then we'd have some ammo to go for a Beal trade. Without those picks, we're going to come up short in any bid.
Rapaz
RealGM
And1: 39,013

Post#19 » by Rapaz » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:38 pm

slick_watts wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

ira winderman is more sensible than barry jackson and dan le batard even though he's not a beat writer probably has the most reliable sources and will give it unfiltered.

Ira Winderman is lost at sea. The Sources Buttplug hack is more credible and less irritating.
thor19
Junior
And1: 65

Post#20 » by thor19 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 pm

I know that beal is not in our plans and maybe he dont fit our timeline but I will love to trade for beal just to bother miami :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder