ImageImageImageImageImage

[Community Thread] Welcome To New York! - Intros Here Too

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 48,041

Re: (Shams) Revised Deal: Knicks sign Reggie Bullock 2 yr <4.7 mil per year(team option) 

Post#1181 » by robillionaire » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:23 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Y’all oversensitive and dumb as hell for quoting me on this was as if I’m some agnostic athiest.

God is good in all situations? Even when money and his dead sister are brought up in the same sentence. Y’all need help and overreaching here. Don’t quote me I’m done. Grow up

I'm an agnostic atheist and I didn't even decide to go there I just skimmed past it and let the dude mourn his sister in the way he feels appropriate :lol:
BeagleBoss
General Manager
And1: 4,331

Re: (Shams) Revised Deal: Knicks sign Reggie Bullock 2 yr <4.7 mil per year(team option) 

Post#1182 » by BeagleBoss » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:Y’all oversensitive and dumb as hell for quoting me on this was as if I’m some agnostic athiest.

God is good in all situations? Even when money and his dead sister are brought up in the same sentence. Y’all need help and overreaching here. Don’t quote me I’m done. Grow up

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Post#1183 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:45 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:And u lost millions in the process. Good job.

what kind of comment is this?

I don’t understand what your issue is. He is talking about a tweet god is good after he just lost 10 million+ dollars from his failed physical.

If anything , the Tweet is extremely disrespectful bringing up god is good and his deceased sister in the same tweet.

So ya... don’t get ur issue. Not to mention he had a promise to sign from us weeks ago which has nothing to do with his sisters passing. So it’s just a really stupid tweet.

He signed a contract that 99% of the world wont see that kind of money in there entire lifetime. Maybe he is appreciating what he has now because of what he has lost. He signed it on the day of his sisters passing. I think your missing the point. The tone of the post was pretty insensitive IMO.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#1184 » by Kampuchea » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:58 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
what kind of comment is this?

I don’t understand what your issue is. He is talking about a tweet god is good after he just lost 10 million+ dollars from his failed physical.

If anything , the Tweet is extremely disrespectful bringing up god is good and his deceased sister in the same tweet.

So ya... don’t get ur issue. Not to mention he had a promise to sign from us weeks ago which has nothing to do with his sisters passing. So it’s just a really stupid tweet.

First of all God is good in all situations..

Nope, let me just go to bed because this right here is beyond me. Smh ppl these days.

Since god doesn’t exist it can’t be good in any situation. Let’s say your magic man does exist, I fail to see how he is good during a situation of murder or rape.

So glad I dropped the religion thing many years ago. Sure some family was annoyed but it’s worth it to keep my kids away from those priests.

The only god I like is shamgod of realgm Knicks board fame.

please, no debating religion here.

-JVG
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,137

Post#1185 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:32 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:I don’t understand what your issue is. He is talking about a tweet god is good after he just lost 10 million+ dollars from his failed physical.

Nope, let me just go to bed because this right here is beyond me. Smh ppl these days.

Since god doesn’t exist it can’t be good in any situation. Let’s say your magic man does exist, I fail to see how he is good during a situation of murder or rape.

So glad I dropped the religion thing many years ago. Sure some family was annoyed but it’s worth it to keep my kids away from those priests.

I really feel like a basketball forum isn't the appropriate venue to discuss religion.

That said, as far as the molesting priests go, I've always been a little bit insulted none tried to put the moves on me. I wasn't good enough? I mean, I know self esteem is supposed to be from within, but a little validation is nice.
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1186 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:35 pm

I figure someone would see his sister passing and the Knicks signing him on the same date as a sign God was out to get him, but hey, maybe that's just the cynic in my talking.
Knicksfan1992
RealGM
And1: 13,693

Post#1187 » by Knicksfan1992 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:40 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:

I really feel like a basketball forum isn't the appropriate venue to discuss religion.

That said, as far as the molesting priests go, I've always been a little bit insulted none tried to put the moves on me. I wasn't good enough? I mean, I know self esteem is supposed to be from within, but a little validation is nice.

Lol oh man here we go... you're pushing the line with this one Buzz. Had me cracking up at work.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#1188 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:48 pm

I got Buzz a new sidekick (to ensure they always complete their mission)

Spoiler:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1189 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:15 pm

Knicksfan1992 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:

Lol oh man here we go... you're pushing the line with this one Buzz. Had me cracking up at work.

Yeah, this is about as tasteless as jokes get.

It's backstory is better.

I get into a crowded elevator at work with a friend, who is a complete nut. I mean, Fortune 100 company. Elevator is packed, as it's a middle floor. Right around one of the priest revelation times, one of the first times. Friend says to me, but of course loud enough for everyone to hear: "It's terrible what's happening with these priests. But what is really terrible is none of them made a move on me when I was young. What, I wasn't good enough?"

It took all I could not to burst out laughing at the tastelessness, audacity, and of course, that 15-20 people had to share the rest of the ride in awkward silence.
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 24,868

Post#1190 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:22 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

I get into a crowded elevator at work with a friend, who is a complete nut. I mean, Fortune 100 company. Elevator is packed, as it's a middle floor. Right around one of the priest revelation times, one of the first times. Friend says to me, but of course loud enough for everyone to hear: "It's terrible what's happening with these priests. But what is really terrible is none of them made a move on me when I was young. What, I wasn't good enough?"

It took all I could not to burst out laughing at the tastelessness, audacity, and of course, that 15-20 people had to share the rest of the ride in awkward silence.

i don't like it. i'm all for the tasteless jokes, but i'd have saved that one for your cubicle. people out here going through real schidt.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1191 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:46 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:At the end of the day, it appears this signing was renegotiated as a gesture of good will. It is probably an effort to show players this FO will deal with players fairly and it basically cost them one year as it is a team option. So they bit the bullet even though he may never play a game as a Knick.

Is the 2nd year a team option? I haven't seen that yet so i didn't know but was wondering if it was a 2 year deal or a 1 and 1 with the 2nd year being a team or player option. At that price i wouldn't of minded it being a full 2 year deal and i think he's a really nice signing that people are sleeping on. I've been saying that but this now depends on his health.

So about his health, you say he might never play a game as a Knick but i saw that he would miss a month so is there news saying he could miss the season that i haven't seen?
newyorker4ever
RealGM
And1: 4,545

Post#1192 » by newyorker4ever » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:47 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And u lost millions in the process. Good job.

Wow, that's brutal to say. :nonono:
thebuzzardman
RealGM

Post#1193 » by thebuzzardman » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:54 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
Knicksfan1992 wrote:

i don't like it. i'm all for the tasteless jokes, but i'd have saved that one for your cubicle. people out here going through real schidt.

Actually, making a joke like that makes people confront the terrible issue and kind of deal with it. One of the purposes of jokes.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,866

Post#1194 » by Clyde_Style » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:19 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:At the end of the day, it appears this signing was renegotiated as a gesture of good will. It is probably an effort to show players this FO will deal with players fairly and it basically cost them one year as it is a team option. So they bit the bullet even though he may never play a game as a Knick.

Is the 2nd year a team option? I haven't seen that yet so i didn't know but was wondering if it was a 2 year deal or a 1 and 1 with the 2nd year being a team or player option. At that price i wouldn't of minded it being a full 2 year deal and i think he's a really nice signing that people are sleeping on. I've been saying that but this now depends on his health.

So about his health, you say he might never play a game as a Knick but i saw that he would miss a month so is there news saying he could miss the season that i haven't seen?

I don't have any basis for assuming he won't play this season. It was merely a point about how if he didn't that the signing was a good will move based on intent prior to the failed medical exam.

As far as a month goes, Plaintain Fascism seems like it can linger longer. It appears the primary cure is rest and with this deep roster I don't think he will be rushed back, but given time to fully heal. My guess only though

I don't know what much about him or his upside, but the condition of PF seems like it can become a chronic issue for some players
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1195 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:26 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:

Actually, making a joke like that makes people confront the terrible issue and kind of deal with it. One of the purposes of jokes.

i think you're missing the point of there being another side to that coin. comedy absolutely does what you say. but people who want to be entertained that way go to a comedy show. they turn on a netflix special. whatever. fair game in that arena. your boy turned the elevator into his stage.

when your friend makes a joke like that in an elevator y'all don't know what the others in that elevator are going through. it's self-indulgent with such a heavy topic. you don't know if someone in there was a sex abuse victim, and if they were, it's possible they might not find that funny at all.

so, it CAN help people confront and deal with this issue. it can also do the opposite.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#1196 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:32 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
He signed a contract that 99% of the world wont see that kind of money in there entire lifetime. Maybe he is appreciating what he has now because of what he has lost. He signed it on the day of his sisters passing. I think your missing the point. The tone of the post was pretty insensitive IMO.

What it sounds like is a tweet that didnt need to be tweeted in the first place. Certain things dont need to be posted on social media. I thought it was a stupid tweet so ill say its a stupid tweet. U dont need to comment if u dont think it was stupid also.
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#1197 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:34 pm

newyorker4ever wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:
taj2133 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And u lost millions in the process. Good job.

Grow up. I thought it was ironic he is thanking god days after he went from making 10-15 mil a year down to around 4. Then to bring up his deceased sister in the same sentence seemed unnecessary. Stupid tweet and i said nothing that was brutal.

"U lost millions in the process" Thats being brutal? U kidding me? Cuz i find it ironic hes thanking god after losing 10 million dollars within days and including his signing with his deceased sister? Stupid tweet .
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1198 » by Jeff Van Gully » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:36 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knicksfan20 wrote:And u lost millions in the process. Good job.

Grow up

what happened to, "i'm done?"

it was better that way.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,204

Post#1199 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:37 pm

Knicksfan20 wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

What it sounds like is a tweet that didnt need to be tweeted in the first place. Certain things dont need to be posted on social media. I thought it was a stupid tweet so ill say its a stupid tweet. U dont need to comment if u dont think it was stupid also.

fair but like you said if you felt it was a stupid tweet you can comment on it. Disregard the tweet for a second I thought the post was stupid in response. And I respect you as a poster so I felt the need to chime in.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Knicksfan20
RealGM

Post#1200 » by Knicksfan20 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:38 pm

Jeff Van Gully wrote:
it was better that way.

Cuz i logged into real gm with 12 notifications. U just gave me another one to respond to. Your post to me seems pretty pointless just like the tweet i commented on.

Everyone on realgm overreacting because i said the words "And u lost millions in the process"

Ya.. Yall need to find something better to do with your lives if that triggered you.

Return to New York Knicks