ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVIII

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,866

Re: Official Trade Thread -- Part XXXVIII 

Post#81 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:01 pm

gambitx777 wrote:No, it would probably take knox Barret Smith jr 2+picks and a number of contracts the Knicks don't have. Wall and Beal combine make 67 mill. If it we're just Beal I'd say add Robinson and another pick no protections. The Knicks are not good trade partners for the wiz right now
Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would. Dennis Smith Jr + Expiering Contracts + Brooklyn's indefinitely lotto protected 1st be enough for a Beal + Wall package?

What if a second lotto protected 1st was added?

Why would we want Knox? Why would we want Barrett? Why would we want Dennis Smith Jr.?

Face it, the Knicks have 1 valuable trade asset: Mitchell Robinson.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#82 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:13 pm

DCZards wrote:If BB signs the extension offered to him later this month, then all is good. If he doesn't sign and wants to see how the 2019-20 season plays out, then you let that happen.

If Beal doesn't resign after next season and/or makes it known that he wants to be traded, there will be plenty of suitors and the Zards would get basically the same haul for Beal at that time as they would if they traded him last month, tomorrow or during the 2019-20 season.

Really no need to trade BB before then...especially when there's still a chance that the all-NBA caliber SG will resign with the Zards before the 2020-21 season.

1st and foremost I’m not a troll or here to start **** at all. Just an nba fan bored at work trying to kill time and I know the Celtics have no real shot at beal so I’m just speaking as a fan of the league and I think it would be cool and different if beal shows loyalty to you guys but I have to disagree.

If beal doesn’t sign the extension and you take it into next summer it would def limit the return you guys get IMO for a few reasons.

1) it gives beal and his agent the chance to kill any trade by saying to that team “he’s not interested signing long term” essentially making him a rental to certain teams / markets . While beal is a good dude and he may not do it as vindictively or publicly as other stars he will use his leverage.

After seeing what happened with kawhi the allure of rentals has to be scary ; Toronto treated this guy like gold, hired his own doctors, let him pick when he played, gave his uncle a voice in the organization and btw won a championship and he still left.

Beal is not the diva that kawhi is but he will want a say where he goes next and so will his agent. Several teams will be eliminated before negotiations even start for him.

PG resigned in okc and then demanded a trade right to where he wanted to be all along. LA. Rentals come with tremendous risk and usually a less of a return to the team sending out the star.

2) if he plays out the year and god forbid has a horrible injury like a ruptured Achilles or an ACL tear that will hurt his market also. Obviously they’ll still get packages but now you are trading for an injured player on the last year of his contract where he will miss a lot of the season. Just risky as hell and will diminish returns.

Like I said, I hope he stays with you guys. Y’all are some loyal fans and he’s a good player so hopefully this is a moot point in 10 days but if he doesn’t sign long term IMO he needs to be traded by the deadline for the sake of the wizards
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#83 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:58 pm

Can't see a trade with Boston - we're certainly not going to take Hayward. Their best tradable asset might be Memphis' top 6 protected 2020 pick. Boston could be sliding down big-time this season. I wonder if Ainge signed Kemba with the plan that he'd later trade him for a bucket of picks.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#84 » by gambitx777 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:58 pm

I was just speaking in terms of if we had to do a deal with the Knicks what would they have to give us. This are they best young players they have and you go for that and flip them for more assets if they don't fit what you're doing later.
payitforward wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:No, it would probably take knox Barret Smith jr 2+picks and a number of contracts the Knicks don't have. Wall and Beal combine make 67 mill. If it we're just Beal I'd say add Robinson and another pick no protections. The Knicks are not good trade partners for the wiz right now
Roddy B for 3 wrote:Would. Dennis Smith Jr + Expiering Contracts + Brooklyn's indefinitely lotto protected 1st be enough for a Beal + Wall package?

What if a second lotto protected 1st was added?

Why would we want Knox? Why would we want Barrett? Why would we want Dennis Smith Jr.?

Face it, the Knicks have 1 valuable trade asset: Mitchell Robinson.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Shoe
Bench Warmer
And1: 956

Post#85 » by Shoe » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:47 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
So about 40 games into this season when were 10-30?

Is that a bad idea? I'd say it's pretty fair to give Beal 40 games without Wall's bonespurs and Grunfeld's drama to see if he can make another leap.

Even if Beal makes another leap and were not horrific on the court. What entices him to sign an extension? 30+ wins and good feeling about the youngster's? Or is Beal just an overall great guy who wants to finish what he's started here lol.

What if he tells you he loves DC, but wants to see what we do before the 2021 off season? Do you patiently wait and risk him leaving like Kemba left Charlotte?

This is far from being a Kemba situation. We still have two trade deadlines and an entire off-season. And I'm bettting Beal, Leonsis and Sheppard are in better communication than Kemba and MJ were. But right now who is the best trade partner for the Wizards?

Nuggets - After trading a protect pick through 2022 for Grant, the first pick they can send is in 2024. All of their young players are in the final year of their rookie contracts, Harris is too old, MPJ is too injury prone.

Warriors - Russell is making $30 million a year, and they don't have their 2020 or 2024 first so they can only trade their 2022 pick.

Pelicans - Their 2019 draft picks are at the peak of their hype right now. I'm guessing Ball, Ingram, and the Lakers late 1st rounders would be their offer.

Celtics - Jaylen Brown is a RFA, I wouldn't gamble on any of the players they drafted this year. The MEM 2020 will probably end up like the SAC 2019.

Nets - I keep seeing them as an option. LeVert is 25, a RFA, injury riddled, and a career 11 ppg on 53 TS%. Dinwiddie is too old. Harris is an UFA. Allen is their only interesting prospect, and their picks will be late firsts.

Heat - No picks. Winslow is 23, a career 9 ppg on 49 TS%, and can't hit a free throw to save his life. Herro can't sprint off screens like Reddick and Korver. Bam is fine.

Detroit - If it's true that Doumbouya was going to be the pick if Rui wasn't there, it means Sheppard values him more than most. He didn't look good in his only summer league game and is probably not a leader. But if the team is trying to build an identity:
1. International players - Sheppard has repeated the "we don't check passports, if you can play we want you" line a couple times, and according to that draft express reporter, Sheppard was always seen scouting overseas.
2. Long players who can handle the ball - Corresponding with the rise of Giannis and Siakam. Rui and Sekou roughly fit that mold.
So the trade would probably be Jackson (expiring) + Doumbouya + firsts + a pick swap. I would rather have more picks than Kennard.
No one will like this trade sending our all-NBA guard for a sketchy foreign project.

Spurs - Maybe a three team trade with DeRozan going somewhere else. Murray, Poetl, Forbes are all expiring. Would have to be centered around a combo of picks + Walker, White, Johnson, Samanic (fits the international + long handles mold, didn't look great in summer league and would be better off with Spurs player development). Not a great return getting players who would probably be better as Spurs than on other teams.

Twolves - Teague (expiring), Okogie (was awful last year and is already 21) and picks. This would be about Culver who seems to fit the culture Sheppard talks about. If Culver sucks and is too nonathletic, this would be a disaster.

Or they could wait to the deadline and see if any new suitor emerges. Or they could wait for the 2020 NBA lottery, maybe a team wanting to contend jumps up in the lottery, and you can trade Beal for the 5th pick and maybe a disappointing rookie. Wizards aren't getting that PG haul. Whatever trade we make will be a lot worse than getting Beal extended, so the team wants to exhaust that option first.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#86 » by Illuminaire » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:59 pm

Dat2U wrote:
Illuminaire wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
We sound like were expecting 50/60 win seasons after our rebuild/retool or whatever this is like it's a guarantee or something.

If the highest goal you're willing to shoot for is "capped out average with high injury risk", I would gently suggest you have Wizards Stockholm Syndrome.

No I'm actually playing devils advocate.

Because the assumption around here and on Twitter this retool is going to go well. We'll win 30+ plays games, we nail all our draft picks, Wall comes back close to his old self and we make another glorious run :lol:

Haha, fair. As of right now, I am also skeptical that a one year re-tool is going to change the course of the franchise.

I think the more reasonable and likely course is Wall struggling with injuries, and the current crop of young players 2-3 effective rotation players (but no stars).

That leaves the Wizards pretty much where they were with the Wall-Beal-Porter big 3... a mediocre capped out non-contender. To aim higher requires either getting very luck with one of their current prospects, or committing to a true rebuild and getting a little bit lucky over the next 1-3 drafts.

Neither path is certain but one has a higher chance of success. Of course, you know exactly where I sit on this - quietly look for 75% of the PG/AD deals for Beal, assume Wall is done, and run the Process back through 2021. :D
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#87 » by Ruzious » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Shoe wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
Shoe wrote:
Is that a bad idea? I'd say it's pretty fair to give Beal 40 games without Wall's bonespurs and Grunfeld's drama to see if he can make another leap.

Even if Beal makes another leap and were not horrific on the court. What entices him to sign an extension? 30+ wins and good feeling about the youngster's? Or is Beal just an overall great guy who wants to finish what he's started here lol.

What if he tells you he loves DC, but wants to see what we do before the 2021 off season? Do you patiently wait and risk him leaving like Kemba left Charlotte?

This is far from being a Kemba situation. We still have two trade deadlines and an entire off-season. And I'm bettting Beal, Leonsis and Sheppard are in better communication than Kemba and MJ were. But right now who is the best trade partner for the Wizards?

Nuggets - After trading a protect pick through 2022 for Grant, the first pick they can send is in 2024. All of their young players are in the final year of their rookie contracts, Harris is too old, MPJ is too injury prone.

Warriors - Russell is making $30 million a year, and they don't have their 2020 or 2024 first so they can only trade their 2022 pick.

Pelicans - Their 2019 draft picks are at the peak of their hype right now. I'm guessing Ball, Ingram, and the Lakers late 1st rounders would be their offer.

Celtics - Jaylen Brown is a RFA, I wouldn't gamble on any of the players they drafted this year. The MEM 2020 will probably end up like the SAC 2019.

Nets - I keep seeing them as an option. LeVert is 25, a RFA, injury riddled, and a career 11 ppg on 53 TS%. Dinwiddie is too old. Harris is an UFA. Allen is their only interesting prospect, and their picks will be late firsts.

Heat - No picks. Winslow is 23, a career 9 ppg on 49 TS%, and can't hit a free throw to save his life. Herro can't sprint off screens like Reddick and Korver. Bam is fine.

Detroit - If it's true that Doumbouya was going to be the pick if Rui wasn't there, it means Sheppard values him more than most. He didn't look good in his only summer league game and is probably not a leader. But if the team is trying to build an identity:
1. International players - Sheppard has repeated the "we don't check passports, if you can play we want you" line a couple times, and according to that draft express reporter, Sheppard was always seen scouting overseas.
2. Long players who can handle the ball - Corresponding with the rise of Giannis and Siakam. Rui and Sekou roughly fit that mold.
So the trade would probably be Jackson (expiring) + Doumbouya + firsts + a pick swap. I would rather have more picks than Kennard.
No one will like this trade sending our all-NBA guard for a sketchy foreign project.

Spurs - Maybe a three team trade with DeRozan going somewhere else. Murray, Poetl, Forbes are all expiring. Would have to be centered around a combo of picks + Walker, White, Johnson, Samanic (fits the international + long handles mold, didn't look great in summer league and would be better off with Spurs player development). Not a great return getting players who would probably be better as Spurs than on other teams.

Twolves - Teague (expiring), Okogie (was awful last year and is already 21) and picks. This would be about Culver who seems to fit the culture Sheppard talks about. If Culver sucks and is too nonathletic, this would be a disaster.

Or they could wait to the deadline and see if any new suitor emerges. Or they could wait for the 2020 NBA lottery, maybe a team wanting to contend jumps up in the lottery, and you can trade Beal for the 5th pick and maybe a disappointing rookie. Wizards aren't getting that PG haul. Whatever trade we make will be a lot worse than getting Beal extended, so the team wants to exhaust that option first.

Good stuff. 2 other benefits of waiting till mid-season: 1. We'll know more about what we have and what we need then. We're still figuring out how good a lot of our young players are, and perhaps we make another player move by then - likes a Christian Wood or someone like that. 2. We get to see how young players around the league are developing and get a better sense of who to target.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,775

Post#88 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:06 pm

Shoe wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
Shoe wrote:

Pels make the most sense, best combination of picks and players and we'd 'help' the Pelicans in the sense that they wouldn't be the ones to pay Ingram who's in a contract year. Simmons and Lowe briefly discussed Portland as an option. Lowe was thinking McCollum would come back to the Wizards in that trade, but Simmons' intention was to have a Lillard-McCollum-Beal team.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,866

Post#89 » by payitforward » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:22 pm

Shoe wrote:
Dat2U wrote:
Shoe wrote:

Well done!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,569

Post#90 » by pcbothwel » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:52 pm

^^^ I think by next summer Atlanta, Orlando, NYK, and Chicago are all interesting options as well. All have good picks and or prospects they could package.
Especially ATL and ORL...both are SE teams (Beal went to Florida) that have trouble getting FA's.

The Bulls and Magic are definitley the ones needing to make a move. Their young players are getting towards the end of their rookie deals and they have big money players already (Otto, Vuc, Ross, Gordon, Thad Young, etc.)

They could offer a lot of picks and a prospect so it at the very least gets interesting.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,286

Post#91 » by nate33 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:28 pm

I could see Philly trading Simmons for Beal. That team needs a shooter in the worst way.

OKC is another possibility. They could trade some of their picks for Beal and reload pretty quickly around SGA, Beal, Gallinari and Adams. They may prefer something like that instead of a long rebuild because they may not be able to keep fan interest in that small market through a long rebuild.

I think the Pelicans are the best bet though. They already have enough youth and are probably looking to add some youngish vets so they can start winning right away and not get into a pattern of losing.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,088

Post#92 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:01 am

MagicBagley18 wrote:
DCZards wrote:If BB signs the extension offered to him later this month, then all is good. If he doesn't sign and wants to see how the 2019-20 season plays out, then you let that happen.

If Beal doesn't resign after next season and/or makes it known that he wants to be traded, there will be plenty of suitors and the Zards would get basically the same haul for Beal at that time as they would if they traded him last month, tomorrow or during the 2019-20 season.

Really no need to trade BB before then...especially when there's still a chance that the all-NBA caliber SG will resign with the Zards before the 2020-21 season.

1st and foremost I’m not a troll or here to start **** at all. Just an nba fan bored at work trying to kill time and I know the Celtics have no real shot at beal so I’m just speaking as a fan of the league and I think it would be cool and different if beal shows loyalty to you guys but I have to disagree.

If beal doesn’t sign the extension and you take it into next summer it would def limit the return you guys get IMO for a few reasons.

1) it gives beal and his agent the chance to kill any trade by saying to that team “he’s not interested signing long term” essentially making him a rental to certain teams / markets . While beal is a good dude and he may not do it as vindictively or publicly as other stars he will use his leverage.

After seeing what happened with kawhi the allure of rentals has to be scary ; Toronto treated this guy like gold, hired his own doctors, let him pick when he played, gave his uncle a voice in the organization and btw won a championship and he still left.

Beal is not the diva that kawhi is but he will want a say where he goes next and so will his agent. Several teams will be eliminated before negotiations even start for him.

PG resigned in okc and then demanded a trade right to where he wanted to be all along. LA. Rentals come with tremendous risk and usually a less of a return to the team sending out the star.

2) if he plays out the year and god forbid has a horrible injury like a ruptured Achilles or an ACL tear that will hurt his market also. Obviously they’ll still get packages but now you are trading for an injured player on the last year of his contract where he will miss a lot of the season. Just risky as hell and will diminish returns.

Like I said, I hope he stays with you guys. Y’all are some loyal fans and he’s a good player so hopefully this is a moot point in 10 days but if he doesn’t sign long term IMO he needs to be traded by the deadline for the sake of the wizards

This is fair and I strongly disagree with many of my fellow Wiz fans that suggest his value doesn't dip... especially since its 2 yrs under contract vs one. With 2 years, you'd see teams that might not have a shot at him in free agency take a gamble and see if they can sell him on staying. With one year and an eye towards FA is get dicey for a team to take such a risk.

Right now, if Beal was available... you'd might see a bidding war. And it would not be a shock to me to see them get at least 2/3rds of an AD/PG deal however by next year when it may become clear who his legit suitors are, we may get stuck taking a Tobias Harris type package.

Sadly I think either that happens or we let him walk. We are still a ****. Grunfeld may be gone but our owner in a more active role is just as disastrous.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#93 » by MagicBagley18 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:06 am

Dat2U wrote:
MagicBagley18 wrote:

This is fair and I strongly disagree with many of my fellow Wiz fans that suggest his value doesn't dip... especially since its 2 yrs under contract vs one. With 2 years, you'd see teams that might not have a shot at him in free agency take a gamble and see if they can sell him on staying. With one year and an eye towards FA is get dicey for a team to take such a risk.

Right now, if Beal was available... you'd might see a bidding war. And it would not be a shock to me to see them get at least 2/3rds of an AD/PG deal however by next year when it may become clear who his legit suitors are, we may get stuck taking a Tobias Harris type package.

Sadly I think either that happens or we let him walk. We are still a ****. Grunfeld may be gone but our owner in a more active role is
just as disastrous.

That’s exactly right. I agree with everything you said. 2 years teams will go for him and try to convince him, even at the deadline some teams will. Next summer on the last remaining year of his contract? you’ll get half of the return you guys want and deserve.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,088

Post#94 » by Dat2U » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:08 am

nate33 wrote:I could see Philly trading Simmons for Beal. That team needs a shooter in the worst way.

OKC is another possibility. They could trade some of their picks for Beal and reload pretty quickly around SGA, Beal, Gallinari and Adams. They may prefer something like that instead of a long rebuild because they may not be able to keep fan interest in that small market through a long rebuild.

I think the Pelicans are the best bet though. They already have enough youth and are probably looking to add some youngish vets so they can start winning right away and not get into a pattern of losing.

The Ben Simmons offer is probably my favorite. It's a longshot but Elton Brand does not appear to be patient so any hint of struggle and his trigger finger gets itchy.

SGA & a slew of picks would be interesting. It would have to be the right picks though and alot of them if SGA is the only immediate as of value were getting. I'd stay away from the OKC picks if were trading Beal to them.

Pels have some decent pieces but with Ingram due a payday, he doesn't have much value in my eyes. Ball & Wall can't do anything together. They would have to get it done with their other assets. Like NAW or/and Hayes.
prime1time
Analyst
And1: 1,868

Post#95 » by prime1time » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:12 am

Anyone get the feeling that the Wizards are engaging in a bizarre act of self-sabotage with their continued refusal to name a GM/President? Can anyone recall a similar situation in sports ever? Like who's making the decisions? This reminds me of a West Wing episode when the President was incapacitated and the Chief Staff took over. How can a interim GM/President decide to rebuild? Surely he's carrying out orders from Ted no? I wouldn't put it pass the Wiz to be engaging in this who dog and pony show to save face when Brad decides to reject the extension.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,044

Post#96 » by queridiculo » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:41 am

This whole GM saga can really only go two ways.

Either they shock the world, or they leave everybody scratching their head on why it took so damn long to make the decision.

Judging by the McPhee and Grunfeld situations, to how they treated Trotz, Chenier and Buckhantz, I'm more inclined to believe it's going to be the latter.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#97 » by gambitx777 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:42 am

Tommy is in charge. He's been here and by all accounts will have a job if he is t the next main guy. Ted is being ted.if you've followed Ted and the wiz and the caps and his other teams long enough you know how Ted acts. If anything the reason it's gone on so long is the good job Tommy has done, is probably making Ted think more than he wanted to.
prime1time wrote:Anyone get the feeling that the Wizards are engaging in a bizarre act of self-sabotage with their continued refusal to name a GM/President? Can anyone recall a similar situation in sports ever? Like who's making the decisions? This reminds me of a West Wing episode when the President was incapacitated and the Chief Staff took over. How can a interim GM/President decide to rebuild? Surely he's carrying out orders from Ted no? I wouldn't put it pass the Wiz to be engaging in this who dog and pony show to save face when Brad decides to reject the extension.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:29 pm

Dat2U wrote:
nate33 wrote:I could see Philly trading Simmons for Beal. That team needs a shooter in the worst way.

The Ben Simmons offer is probably my favorite. It's a longshot but Elton Brand does not appear to be patient so any hint of struggle and his trigger finger gets itchy.

SGA & a slew of picks would be interesting. It would have to be the right picks though and alot of them if SGA is the only immediate as of value were getting. I'd stay away from the OKC picks if were trading Beal to them.

Pels have some decent pieces but with Ingram due a payday, he doesn't have much value in my eyes. Ball & Wall can't do anything together. They would have to get it done with their other assets. Like NAW or/and Hayes.

The thing that's going to kill a Beal for Simmons possiblity is that Simmons is still on his rookie deal - and Philly's way over the cap - not to mention the enormous lux tax hit Philly would take on. Philly would almost have to trade Harris, as well. They might want to, because they significantly over-paid to keep him. But... a Simmons for Beal trade could happen after this season - when Simmons' new contract kicks in. It might depend on how Philly does in the playoffs.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,967

Post#99 » by DCZards » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:59 pm

gambitx777 wrote:Tommy is in charge. He's been here and by all accounts will have a job if he is t the next main guy. Ted is being ted.if you've followed Ted and the wiz and the caps and his other teams long enough you know how Ted acts. If anything the reason it's gone on so long is the good job Tommy has done, is probably making Ted think more than he wanted to.

Yes, Shepherd is doing as well as he can given the hand he was dealt. I doubt that the Zards could have brought in any outsider or top GM (including Conklin) who could have done a whole lot better.
DCZards
General Manager
And1: 3,967

Post#100 » by DCZards » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:If beal doesn’t sign the extension and you take it into next summer it would def limit the return you guys get IMO for a few reasons.

I don't disagree that there's a very good chance that the Zards will get less in return for Beal if they wait until after the upcoming season to trade him. But it will only be slightly less, imo, and I think that's a risk the Zards should be willing to take given that there is still a chance that BB resigns.

MagicBagley18 wrote:2) if he plays out the year and god forbid has a horrible injury like a ruptured Achilles or an ACL tear that will hurt his market also. Obviously they’ll still get packages but now you are trading for an injured player on the last year of his contract where he will miss a lot of the season. Just risky as hell and will diminish returns.

Beal could suffer a bad injury working out at the Cap One City this afternoon. S**t happens. So the last thing the Zards should do is base their decision on whether or not to trade Beal on something as unpredictable as that.

Return to Washington Wizards