ImageImageImage

We need to trade Blake

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: We need to trade Blake 

Post#101 » by Manocad » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:52 pm

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:Jeez... This All-Star, All NBA-er is such a useless POS that's just stinking up the team and embarrassing the city with his play... Let's just beg some sucker-for-a-GM to take him for a bag of stale peanuts & warm soda, and be done with it. :lol:

Then we can move on 5 years into the future where we celebrate a successful rebuild that culminates in a 'chip, guaran'Sheed.
:wizard: :clap: :beer: :party:

:wink: :peace:

No one has said that. The logic with trading Blake now, for those who support it, is simple—his value is still very high but his time frame is limited, so it’s better to trade him now for picks/young players as part of a rebuild since the team is too far from being good enough to win a championship this coming season and probably the one after as well.

It’s not rocket science. You may not agree with the logic but it’s not difficult to grasp.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#102 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:28 pm

I prefer to keep Blake unless a solid deal comes along. If we dealt with OKC, I would take Galinari and Schroeder back.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Manocad
RealGM

Post#103 » by Manocad » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:09 pm

I actually have no problem keeping Blake if a good deal doesn’t come along. He’s a great leader and teammate, and his game isn’t predicated on athleticism. If he stays healthy I don’t think his contract presents a real hamstringing of the future. He’s one of the few “maybe paid more than he’s going to be worth” guys who I think can provide non-tangible value to a team developing young players.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#104 » by red96 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Hello Pistons fans. What would it take to get Blake to Houston? The Rockets could give expiring contracts, prospects like Chris Clemons& Isaiah Hartenstein, 2020&2020 unprotected 1st's, and 2021 swap pick option. Thx for your time.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#105 » by ducler » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:07 pm

red96 wrote:Hello Pistons fans. What would it take to get Blake to Houston? The Rockets could give expiring contracts, prospects like Chris Clemons& Isaiah Hartenstein, 2020&2020 unprotected 1st's, and 2021 swap pick option. Thx for your time.
Capela + 2 unprotected first should be the minimum if you want us not to hang up

Ideally Dre + Blake for Capela + D'Angelo + FRP should work, try to involve GSW.
TPA
Senior
And1: 467

Post#106 » by TPA » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:49 pm

ducler wrote:
red96 wrote:Hello Pistons fans. What would it take to get Blake to Houston? The Rockets could give expiring contracts, prospects like Chris Clemons& Isaiah Hartenstein, 2020&2020 unprotected 1st's, and 2021 swap pick option. Thx for your time.
Capela + 2 unprotected first should be the minimum if you want us not to hang up

Ideally Dre + Blake for Capela + D'Angelo + FRP should work, try to involve GSW.

I like this a lot. And practical.
GreekAlex
Starter
And1: 1,252

Post#107 » by GreekAlex » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:04 pm

TPA wrote:
ducler wrote:

I like it too but who wants Dre? :roll:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#108 » by BadMofoPimp » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 pm

Manocad wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Manocad wrote:Just like it’s called a basketball because it’s made from a basket

Just like they are called a bust because so many top picks fail.

Just like they are called bad free agent signings and trades because so many don't work out.

It is much worse when the entire organization wastes an entire season sucking arse to end up with the next Hasheem Thabeet!

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
TPA
Senior
And1: 467

Post#109 » by TPA » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:30 pm

His age and contract, probably a number of teams... At the trade deadline.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#110 » by Manocad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:33 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Manocad wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Just like they are called a bust because so many top picks fail.

Just like they are called bad free agent signings and trades because so many don't work out.

It is much worse when the entire organization wastes an entire season sucking arse to end up with the next Hasheem Thabeet!

Or Lebron James
BadMofoPimp
RealGM

Post#111 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:04 am

Manocad wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:
Manocad wrote:Just like they are called bad free agent signings and trades because so many don't work out.

Or Lebron James

That happen to one team every 10 years. Chances that happens in Detroit is fairly slim.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,232

Post#112 » by LewisnotMiller » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:46 am

Canadafan wrote:
Kalamazoo317 wrote:Pretty sure we've been trying to trade Andre for a while and just haven't had any takers. There were several possible trades rumored at the deadline, for instance. He just doesn't fit the modern game in a way that makes him at all appealing for his price tag.

As for Blake, he's a top 20 player in a league with over 30 teams. Those commodities are gold and it's clearly a seller's market right now. Since one top 20 player and a bunch of filler (i.e. the rest of our roster) isn't going to realistically compete in today's league, might as well pull an OKC and sell high for a bunch of young talent and draft assets if we can get them.

Who realistically has a window and assets to get a second/third superstar? That's who we should be looking at. Golden State? Dallas? Miami? Toronto?

I'd say not Toronto. Maybe Dallas? Butler and Blake dont get along so I doubt Miami. I feel like warriors would be a good fit maybe.
Portland seems like the team that could really use him to make a push. If we could deal Dre for something and then Blake to Portland like another poster said. We'd have whiteside at center for a year

Boston. But please don't.
ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Post#113 » by ducler » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:42 am

GreekAlex wrote:
TPA wrote:
ducler wrote:Capela + 2 unprotected first should be the minimum if you want us not to hang up

http://tradenba.com/trades/r1TvPKKWr

That trade can work once came the deadline.
> Detroit is making younger (Capela + D'Angelo) and bringing a pick in.
> Golden State is adapting its roster looking for Thompson (Dre + Gordon).
> Houston is getting its big 3.

Then we can trade our expirings for Otto Porter if available and become a very nice young team.

Capela
Sekou
Porter
Brown
Russell
-----
Kennard as 6th man as Russell's defense is not the best of the world.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#114 » by Manocad » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:18 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:
Manocad wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Or Lebron James

That happen to one team every 10 years. Chances that happens in Detroit is fairly slim.

No doubt. It’s like “Why even have a draft?” Stupid.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#115 » by El Chivo » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:05 pm

to win the lottery ain't easy, but if you don't buy a ticket (or more) it's impossible.

I really like Griffin, but if someone (like Portland) offers 2 young guns and 1/2 picks, you have to consider it like a serious offer, given our situation.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#116 » by kellmellus50 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:51 pm

I would not give Griffin away unless we get 4 players and 4 picks ,otherwise no deal! i think we gave away 3 players and 2 picks?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,755

Post#117 » by Snakebites » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:53 pm

kellmellus50 wrote:I would not give Griffin away unless we get 4 players and 4 picks ,otherwise no deal! i think we gave away 3 players and 2 picks?

Sunken cost fallacy.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#118 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:51 am

ducler wrote:
GreekAlex wrote:
TPA wrote:

http://tradenba.com/trades/r1TvPKKWr

That trade can work once came the deadline.
> Detroit is making younger (Capela + D'Angelo) and bringing a pick in.
> Golden State is adapting its roster looking for Thompson (Dre + Gordon).
> Houston is getting its big 3.

Then we can trade our expirings for Otto Porter if available and become a very nice young team.

Capela
Sekou
Porter
Brown
Russell
-----
Kennard as 6th man as Russell's defense is not the best of the world.

I love the idea of a D-Lo/Blake swap. I’m not sure where Dre goes for Capela? I’d be ok with Dre/D-Lo and continue to rebuild.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#119 » by The Moose » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:05 pm

Can't help but feel like he is exactly what the Blazers need
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,099

Post#120 » by Warspite » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:17 pm

Since players are going to be drafted 10 years before they enter there prime the draft is becoming less and less important and trading/FA is increasing in importance.

If you make the age limit 25 the draft becomes paramount. If it is 18 then most of the players will never develop or contribute anything and so your looking for players who are late bloomers or from teams who cant develop players.
HomoSapien wrote:Warspite, the greatest poster in the history of realgm.

Return to Detroit Pistons