Greatest Blazers ever project overview

Moderators: Moonbeam, DeBlazerRiddem, The Sebastian Express

Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 4,939

Greatest Blazers ever project overview 

Post#1 » by Moonbeam » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:16 am

Welcome to your 2019 offseason project, in which we will create a list of the greatest Blazer players ever! This edition comes 4 years after the previous version, which you can peruse to your heart's content here.

As we are heading into the 50th season of the Blazers, I thought it would be a good time to revisit this project. The hope is to select the top 50 Blazers, but we'll see how participation goes.

How to participate:

1. Vote among the polled players for the player you feel has had the best career as a Blazer.

2. Nominate an unlisted player to join the pool of players eligible to be voted in the next thread.

3. Feel free to argue your case for the players you are voting for and nominating, but do not use this as a platform to belittle the opinions of others.

You are welcome to participate in any and all of these ways. Above all else, have fun!

Project guidelines and links:

Polls will be remain for 48 hours. Ties will be broken by votes in previous rounds, and failing that, total Win Shares with the team.

Do not consider the careers of players while they were playing for other teams. For example, we're not evaluating LaMarcus Aldridge for his entire career, just for his career with the Blazers.

Do not consider any non-playing roles some former players have had with Portland after their tenure as players. So don't consider Maurice Lucas for his role as a big man coach, just what he brought to the team while he was a player.

This spreadsheet may be a useful resource - it contains information about all 330 Blazer players, including statistics from the regular season and playoffs, all-star appearances and other awards, and MVP vote shares.

The list so far:

#1: Clyde Drexler
#2: Bill Walton
#3: Damian Lillard
#4: Brandon Roy
#5: LaMarcus Aldridge
#6: Terry Porter
#7: Rasheed Wallace
#8: Maurice Lucas
#9: Arvydas Sabonis
#10: Cliff Robinson
#11: Jerome Kersey
#12: CJ McCollum
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Re: Greatest Blazers ever project overview 

Post#2 » by zzaj » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:35 pm

Moonbeam, I have to admit that while I think it's a cool idea, looking at the list from 4 years ago (crazy btw that it was that long ago already) that aside from Lillard jumping up the list, and perhaps CJ and Nurkic making a bit of a jump, not much has changed.

I'm feeling uninspired to participate because I feel like there has not been enough time since the last iteration. 98% of the list would remain unchanged.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#3 » by Moonbeam » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:53 am

zzaj wrote:Moonbeam, I have to admit that while I think it's a cool idea, looking at the list from 4 years ago (crazy btw that it was that long ago already) that aside from Lillard jumping up the list, and perhaps CJ and Nurkic making a bit of a jump, not much has changed.

I'm feeling uninspired to participate because I feel like there has not been enough time since the last iteration. 98% of the list would remain unchanged.

I understand that, but with so many different players getting votes for #4, I think there could be a lot more movement in this part of the list.
dYYYh.k²
Pro Prospect
And1: 165

Post#4 » by dYYYh.k² » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:03 am

while i know i am not posting much on this forum,
i just saw a bradon roy gamewinner video on facebook.
and travis outlaw was celebrating so hard.
i miss outlaw more than roy.
sorry for interfering with your project and blazer-forum.
Moonbeam
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers

Post#5 » by Moonbeam » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:44 am

dYYYh.k² wrote:while i know i am not posting much on this forum,
i just saw a bradon roy gamewinner video on facebook.
and travis outlaw was celebrating so hard.
i miss outlaw more than roy.
sorry for interfering with your project and blazer-forum.

Trout was one of my favorite players on that team. He could be frustrating to watch at times but he seemed like such a great guy.

Return to Portland Trail Blazers