ImageImageImage

Kemba Walker Thread

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,022

Re: Welcome Kemba Walker Thread = Will Wear #8 

Post#341 » by Darth Celtic » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:10 pm

This is amazing. He used Danny's phone to call and recruit him to Boston.

To many people are really sleeping on Kanter. We haven't had a big man like him in a long long time. I think he is what we were missing. Last year, putting him with Horford would have been great. I think he can do the small ball 5 with us and will be expected to shoot 3's in certain steps.

I really do think his poor defense will be cancelled out by his great offense and rebounding. How many times did we stop a star player last year, just to let a scrub come in and rebound and tip it in? Too many. Besides, Horford was a good defender and didn't do a thing to stop Giannis. Better to just outscore them sometimes.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#342 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:16 pm

Kind of an awkward press conference. Seems like reporters dont have many questions. Lol at Enes poking fun of wanting the #11 being raised to the rafters.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#343 » by GoGreen » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:18 pm

Kemba hasn't played a second yet in a Cs uni and I already love the guy
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,650

Post#344 » by Green89 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:29 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Kind of an awkward press conference. Seems like reporters dont have many questions. Lol at Enes poking fun of wanting the #11 being raised to the rafters.

Only one awkward lull in the middle, but started and ended very well. A classic Kanter moment for sure.

What I thought was awkward was Danny standing right in the middle of Kanter and Walker holding up their jerseys. Photos would be better with just the two players.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#345 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:40 pm

I'm looking forward to our first game in Charlotte, just so we get to see the ovation Kemba gets. We are usually the ones who welcome back players, so it's going to be nice to be on the other side. The players we have gotten usually get booed. Kyrie and Hayward come to mind. Can't remember Al's first game back in Atlanta.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,904

Post#346 » by Parliament10 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:35 pm

"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#347 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:41 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I'm looking forward to our first game in Charlotte, just so we get to see the ovation Kemba gets. We are usually the ones who welcome back players, so it's going to be nice to be on the other side. The players we have gotten usually get booed. Kyrie and Hayward come to mind. Can't remember Al's first game back in Atlanta.

Not really sure why Hayward got booed to be honest. I don't see what is different between what he did and Kemba did, but I do suspect you're right.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#348 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:51 pm

CsBsSoxPhins wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:I'm looking forward to our first game in Charlotte, just so we get to see the ovation Kemba gets. We are usually the ones who welcome back players, so it's going to be nice to be on the other side. The players we have gotten usually get booed. Kyrie and Hayward come to mind. Can't remember Al's first game back in Atlanta.

Not really sure why Hayward got booed to be honest. I don't see what is different between what he did and Kemba did, but I do suspect you're right.

A few differences:
1) Utah offered Hayward the max, and they were still a pretty good team. Contrast that to the Hornets not offering Kemba the regular max, as well as them being a bad team....I'm sure Hornets fans understand Kemba's point of view.

2) many Jazz fans felt that Hayward knew of his decision long before free agency even began, and pretended like he had a hard time leaving Utah. Based on what reload had said, they were kind of right about this one. Lol
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM

Post#349 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:54 pm

Music to my ears. This kid gets it.

Read on Twitter
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,638

Post#350 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:57 pm

Green89 wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:Kind of an awkward press conference. Seems like reporters dont have many questions. Lol at Enes poking fun of wanting the #11 being raised to the rafters.

Only one awkward lull in the middle, but started and ended very well. A classic Kanter moment for sure.

What I thought was awkward was Danny standing right in the middle of Kanter and Walker holding up their jerseys. Photos would be better with just the two players.

Danny knew what he was doing.

8 (Kemba) + 11 (Kanter) = 19 (BANNER 19)
8 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = BANNER 18

Danny's no. is 44. Can't have the 19th banner without 18th. We're going Back-to-Back.
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#351 » by amory87 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:06 pm

Having Kemba here is like, literally a dream come true for me lol. I don't think it'll truly hit me that my favorite player is on my favorite team until he actually takes the court for the first time.

He's...I think the best guy that Stevens could hope for in terms of superstar-ish players, with Brad wanting to be a pure Xs and Os coach and not really wanting to deal with managing personalities. Kemba's not a top tier guy, but let's call him a borderline 2nd tier guy and he's not going to be a pain in the ass to the coaches or to his teammates which frankly might be all the Celtics need.

He'll work with everyone, he'll be approachable, he'll organize team BBQs and outings and whatnot to help create a close-knit group. He'll lead by example and be the hardest worker on the team. But he's going to let Stevens run his system and let him lead the team on the court. He'll fit in as basically a more talented, healthy, and mature Isaiah Thomas. But unlike Isaiah, since he's already gotten his money I don't think he's going to be obsessed with getting his numbers every night. He'll share the ball and look for the open man. Brown, Hayward, and Tatum will be better players with Kemba than they were with Kyrie. So this could be a Finals team, you never know. Milwaukee isn't unbeatable.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#352 » by TheOGJabroni » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:07 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
CsBsSoxPhins wrote:

A few differences:
1) Utah offered Hayward the max, and they were still a pretty good team. Contrast that to the Hornets not offering Kemba the regular max, as well as them being a bad team....I'm sure Hornets fans understand Kemba's point of view.

2) many Jazz fans felt that Hayward knew of his decision long before free agency even began, and pretended like he had a hard time leaving Utah. Based on what reload had said, they were kind of right about this one. Lol

1. If memory serves correct, Utah basically made him prove what he could make on the open market when he was a restricted free agent; we've heard multiple times now that he was going to sign with Cleveland & Kyrie before LeBron went back and then he did indeed sign an offer sheet with Charlotte, but was ultimately matched by Utah. I feel like this works both ways; they didn't exactly show they were dying to keep him then.

2. Totally fair, after considering my above piece though.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,638

Post#353 » by zoyathedestroya » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:20 pm

Read on Twitter

It's as if our every move this offseason is to wash away the awfulness that was last season. Excited what this fresh season would bring.
MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Post#354 » by MagicBagley18 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:10 pm

I am sure all 5 fans will stand up and show kemba love
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,973

Post#355 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:40 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Danny knew what he was doing.

8 (Kemba) + 11 (Kanter) = 19 (BANNER 19)
8 + 4 + 4 + 1 + 1 = BANNER 18

Danny's no. is 44. Can't have the 19th banner without 18th. We're going Back-to-Back.

45(Romeo) - 42 (Horford) - 11 (Kyrie) + 8 (Walker) + 29 ( Carson) - 11 (Kyrie) = 18!
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,973

Post#356 » by sam_I_am » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:46 pm

zoyathedestroya wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's as if our every move this offseason is to wash away the awfulness that was last season. Excited what this fresh season would bring.

Irving and Horford took a dump on the Celtics organization and just as the media flies tried to buzz around the stink, the Celtics front office gave the toilet a quick flush .....and like Air Wick (Wyk?) .... here we are today smelling pretty.
Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,695

Post#357 » by Tatumfor2 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:15 pm

Just dawning on me that my old Walker jersey is back in action!! :rock:
Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Green89
RealGM

Post#358 » by Green89 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:10 am

I think he was thinking of 'Toine doing the shimmy shake in that jersey.

Read on Twitter

Kemba already bleeds green.

Read on Twitter
amory87
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,434

Post#359 » by amory87 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:20 am

No one posted the interview with Jackie yet?? Great great stuff.

Green89
RealGM

Post#360 » by Green89 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:28 am

amory87 wrote:No one posted the interview with Jackie yet?? Great great stuff.

It was going fine until she got very petty with saying the **** about constant comparisons to last year's PG. That's absolute bull **** and something only her and the media are going to want to keep talking about. It's nonsense. Move on. Not very classy stuff there from Jackie. Kemba has nothing to do with last year's team or last year's PG.

Return to Boston Celtics