ImageImageImageImageImage

Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV; Chauncey Billups to join as Color Analyst

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV; Chauncey Billups to join as Color Analyst 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: Brian Sieman is moving from radio to TV 

Post#2 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:34 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#3 » by Akklaim1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 pm

I knew he would be the replacement. Congrats!

But i do wish Sieman was pronounced with a Sy, instead of a See.
Clipp312s
Ballboy
And1: 59

Post#4 » by Clipp312s » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:52 am

Definitely a no brainer! Loved this guy on the radio. Here’s a preview of what to expect on TV:

“Kawhi with a seductive move, Ohhh, and the defenders crash like waves as he rides the tides to the tin for two!”

Now sign Maggette :)
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#5 » by Young Sterling » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:07 am

Yesss, I can't wait to fill my ears with Sieman!!!
Method28
Junior
And1: 356

Post#6 » by Method28 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:48 am

Young Sterling wrote:Yesss, I can't wait to fill my ears with Sieman!!!
Mom? Is that you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
All-Fav Team
PG: Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Ricky Rubio
SG: Marcus Thornton, Tony Allen
SF: Nick Batum, Luol Deng, Danillo Gallinari
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge, Blake Griffin
C: Demarcus Cousins, DeAndre Jordan
Cheerleader: Ryan Gomes
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#7 » by TheNewEra » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:49 pm

mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank goodness Richard Jefferson passed on the tv color commentary role. Would prefer to have someone familiar with the franchise. How about we give the color commentary job to Baron Davis
illastrate
Starter
And1: 629

Post#8 » by illastrate » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:11 pm

Absolutely deserves it. Sieman's had some of the best calls in team history.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#9 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:48 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Thank goodness Richard Jefferson passed on the tv color commentary role. Would prefer to have someone familiar with the franchise. How about we give the color commentary job to Baron Davis

If don Maclean is willing to do it he has to be the first choice- I thought he was great last season. Extremely knowledgeable
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#10 » by TheNewEra » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:07 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

If don Maclean is willing to do it he has to be the first choice- I thought he was great last season. Extremely knowledgeable

That James Harden stuff might of hurt him. It went viral and I don’t think the team wants any negative vibes passed around about star players. He can come in and help from time to time but I don’t know if they go permanent
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#11 » by esqtvd » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Except for the great one himself, Ralph Lawler [and his wife Sweet Jo] and trainer Jasen Powell, I make it Brian Sieman has seen more Clipper games than anyone on earth. He started doing radio for us in 2007, and is quite a Mr. Clipper himself. He's done a flashback segment on the radio pregame the past few years, and there's his voice, calling a lot of our most memorable moments.

Nobody will ever compare to Ralph, but we have some great moments together with Brian on the horizon. There was no other proper choice for the gig. What with Doc and Ballmer doing an almost complete makeover of the org [except for Powell] starting in 2016--and Corey on the #MeToo sh*tlist, Brian's the last real link left with our Clipper history. Because I listen on radio a lot, I already feel a connection and hope everybody else come to feel one too. I think he really loves the Clippers and has built up a lot of equity, at least with us long-timers.

Also not surprised that our superwoke owner went after a female for the color job. I had said it might be Cheryl Miller, so I was in the ballpark. But hopefully it's Don McLean, at least part-time. Another guy who has some strong Clipper cred, or at least SoCal cred.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#12 » by Roscoe Sheed » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:52 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

That James Harden stuff might of hurt him. It went viral and I don’t think the team wants any negative vibes passed around about star players. He can come in and help from time to time but I don’t know if they go permanent

I hope not- everything he said was true and I don’t think Kawhi or pg13 are friends with harden. I know don trained pg13 early in his career- he probably likes him
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Clippers Better Not Bring Back Hollins 

Post#13 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:00 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Enough with the Questionable Personalities 

Post#14 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:24 am

TheNewEra wrote:Thank goodness Richard Jefferson passed on the tv color commentary role. Would prefer to have someone familiar with the franchise. How about we give the color commentary job to Baron Davis

It's bad enough the Clippers brought in the likes of Corey Maggette, Bruce Bowen and Ryan Hollins, but to bring in Baron Davis who was "deactivated" from the Big 3 League for what was mentioned as a lack of professionalism and conduct detrimental to the league says something unbecoming of a first-rate organization. There is plenty of quality on-air talent who can provide expert analysis while delivering it in a pleasing manner, so why do we have to keep reaching for the bottom of the barrel?
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheNewEra
RealGM

Re: Enough with the Questionable Personalities 

Post#15 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Ranma wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Thank goodness Richard Jefferson passed on the tv color commentary role. Would prefer to have someone familiar with the franchise. How about we give the color commentary job to Baron Davis

It's bad enough the Clippers brought in the likes of Corey Maggette, Bruce Bowen and Ryan Hollins, but to bring in Baron Davis who was "deactivated" from the Big 3 League for what was mentioned as a lack of professionalism and conduct detrimental to the league says something unbecoming of a first-rate organization. There is plenty of quality on-air talent who can provide expert analysis while delivering it in a pleasing manner, so why do we have to keep reaching for the bottom of the barrel?

Just rather bring in someone familiar with the franchise than some random guy. Bruce Bowen had no connection to the clippers what so ever and it was awkward from day one.
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#16 » by Young Sterling » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:34 am

Method28 wrote:
Young Sterling wrote:Yesss, I can't wait to fill my ears with Sieman!!!
Mom? Is that you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

^ Underrated Response.

Also, if you want to bring in a former Clipper who hasn't lost a bunch of respect... CAT Mobley?
Ranma
RealGM

A Couple of Prime TV Talent Now Available 

Post#17 » by Ranma » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:15 am

Read on Twitter
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#18 » by donemilio21 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:18 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
mkwest wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Cat Mobley.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#19 » by nickhx2 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:31 pm

chris bosh was incredible on tnt a few years back. grant hill i believe was pretty good on nbatv as well. they didn't do in game commentary but i think they'd do very well and transition easily.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#20 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 pm

nickhx2 wrote:chris bosh was incredible on tnt a few years back. grant hill i believe was pretty good on nbatv as well. they didn't do in game commentary but i think they'd do very well and transition easily.

Bosh would be interesting but it’s always strange when the player or person has no history with the team. Hill would be solid but would he be entertaining enough ?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers