Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Re: Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild 

Post#61 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:As long as SGA starts next to CP3 I'll be fine. If SGA loses minutes it's a terrible situation for OKC long term.

Can you see both playing together or is it better to start developing SGA as a pure point guard? You know him way better than I do ;)
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM
And1: 29,487

Post#62 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:As long as SGA starts next to CP3 I'll be fine. If SGA loses minutes it's a terrible situation for OKC long term.

Can you see both playing together or is it better to start developing SGA as a pure point guard? You know him way better than I do ;)

I think the realistic scenario is they play together until CP3 is moved. The front office probably will use CP3 as a mentor for now (although you gotta be careful because he wears on teammates fast with constant barking and criticism). He demands a lot as a teammate in the way Jordan and Kobe did. If you have that competitor, win at all costs (including punching in balls) mentality, you'll be fine. If you're more laid back, not so much. SGA is 6'6" with a 7'0" wingspan and was often matched up with Klay Thompson in the playoffs, so obviously he can play 1-3.
“This kid reminds me of a 6-6 Chris Paul. He wants to win everything.”

Olin Simplis- SGA’s trainer.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#63 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:42 pm

Oh prepare to be surprised by Gallinari. He was a top 20 player last year arguably, top 25 at worst. He is a consistent player. He will make the clutch defensive plays and shoot the hell out of the ball. 20 ppg last year on 60%+ TS. His offense was top 10 pretty much all year when you factor impact metrics and efficiency. He can score from anywhere on the floor.

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#64 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:42 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

I think the realistic scenario is they play together until CP3 is moved. The front office probably will use CP3 as a mentor for now (although you gotta be careful because he wears on teammates fast with constant barking and criticism). He demands a lot as a teammate in the way Jordan and Kobe did. If you have that competitor, win at all costs (including punching in balls) mentality, you'll be fine. If you're more laid back, not so much. SGA is 6'6" with a 7'0" wingspan and was often matched up with Klay Thompson in the playoffs, so obviously he can play 1-3.

That's my only concern with CP3. This and injury obviously :cry:

If he's nice with SGA and Steven Adams, I'm cool with it.

And if he gets Billy Donovan fired then he will be my favorite NBA player.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#65 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:44 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Oh prepare to be surprised by Gallinari. He was a top 20 player last year arguably, top 25 at worst. He is a consistent player. He will make the clutch defensive plays and shoot the hell out of the ball. 20 ppg last year on 60%+ TS. His offense was top 10 pretty much all year when you factor impact metrics and efficiency. He can score from anywhere on the floor.

''We'' wanted Gallo in OKC for a VERY long time. Gallo and CP3 both injury prone though. Hope Gallo will deliver and we can trade him at the deadline.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#66 » by Balkman32 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:44 pm

Read on Twitter
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#67 » by spearsy23 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:45 pm

Sweet, let's get some point God up in this bitch.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#68 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:47 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
ClipsFanSince98 wrote:Oh prepare to be surprised by Gallinari. He was a top 20 player last year arguably, top 25 at worst. He is a consistent player. He will make the clutch defensive plays and shoot the hell out of the ball. 20 ppg last year on 60%+ TS. His offense was top 10 pretty much all year when you factor impact metrics and efficiency. He can score from anywhere on the floor.

''We'' wanted Gallo in OKC for a VERY long time. Gallo and CP3 both injury prone though. Hope Gallo will deliver and we can trade him at the deadline.

SGA/Gallo are great teammates. Team first guys who do dirty work. CP3 on the other hand is VERY unpredictable. Either he is rejuvenated by these scrappy young guys, or he is pouting and making an issue of not being on a title contender. We will see soon enough which way he will be.

slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#69 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:52 pm

i love chris paul. tbh i'll be glad to see him play for okc even if it's not the best scenario or environment so this is a win-win for me as a thunder fan.
Thunder Up
Senior
And1: 197

Post#70 » by Thunder Up » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm

CP3 / SGA / Schroder
SGA / Ferguson
Roberson / Bazley
Gallinari / Muscala
Adams / Noel

That's still a team fighting for the 7 or 8 seed if healthy and we get some sort of jump from Ferguson
Team appears to be going the route of the Clippers where they "blow it up" but re-tool quickly (along with having 15 possible firsts and 4 pick swaps over the next 6 years)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#71 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

SGA/Gallo are great teammates. Team first guys who do dirty work. CP3 on the other hand is VERY unpredictable. Either he is rejuvenated by these scrappy young guys, or he is pouting and making an issue of not being on a title contender. We will see soon enough which way he will be.

He wants to leave so I think he will be smart enough to try to play well and be a good teammate.

We won't know what will happen behind the scenes though (even more with our reporters that never leak any information)
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#72 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 pm

Thunder Up wrote:CP3 / SGA / Schroder
SGA / Ferguson
Roberson / Bazley
Gallinari / Muscala
Adams / Noel

That's still a team fighting for the 7 or 8 seed if healthy and we get some sort of jump from Ferguson

Yeah if no injury we will be too good. I want a nice pick in the draft.

We will move some pieces before the deadline anyway
oreojenkins
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#73 » by oreojenkins » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Random but I just saw his name in that suggested depth chart... I'd be shocked if Bazley got 300 minutes this year.

We're so thin on the wing, he's just not ready.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#74 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:10 pm

Even if we keep Paul, we still aren't below the tax. Hopefully all efforts go to dumping Dennis.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#75 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:14 pm

the thunder could put a compelling package together for bradley beal. i'm worried that they are going to see an opportunity to 'stay relevant' and pull the trigger on something like this to try and contend.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#76 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Chris Paul is still beloved by much of the Oklahoma City NBA fanbase (although kicking Serge in the calf in that series a few years back did a lot of damage to his rep here). I know he doesn't want to be here but he's going to get a warm reception all the same. I expect the team to milk this for all its worth. Look for features on the Thunder broadcast about how Chris basically invented the NBA in OKC.
Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Post#77 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Move Ferguson and start SGA in a two point guard lineup.
OkcSinceSGA
RealGM

Post#78 » by OkcSinceSGA » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:23 pm

SGA just posted on Twitter for first time in weeks. Thanked Clippers, said he can't wait to get started in OKC.

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#79 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:26 pm

ClipsFanSince98 wrote:SGA just posted on Twitter for first time in weeks. Thanked Clippers, said he can't wait to get started in OKC.

Read on Twitter

I wonder if Presti typed the tweet or just told Shai what to type.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
thekaoswithin
Junior
And1: 240

Post#80 » by thekaoswithin » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:30 pm

Any chance we can flip Schroder at the deadline to a contender looking for firepower? MIL, maybe?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder