Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Old Man Game
Head Coach
And1: 4,284

Re: Thunder Offseason Thread Part Deux: Rebuild 

Post#81 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:30 pm

I know its hard to speculate w/o seeing if he takes a leap in a different offense but what do you think Ferg gets in terms of an extension or offers in restricted free agency. I'm afraid of overpaying him under a wrong headed belief he's part of our new young core.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,947

Post#82 » by slick_watts » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 pm

thekaoswithin wrote:Any chance we can flip Schroder at the deadline to a contender looking for firepower? MIL, maybe?

i do not think so. he has to wait for next summer imo.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#83 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:35 pm

slick_watts wrote:
thekaoswithin wrote:Any chance we can flip Schroder at the deadline to a contender looking for firepower? MIL, maybe?

i do not think so. he has to wait for next summer imo.

Supposedly they were close to a deal to ship him to Sacto but nixed it over the Kings wanting Ferguson also.

Read on Twitter
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,018

Post#84 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:35 pm

Guess the fact that SGA has the same agent as Westbrook will help him a bit in the beginning.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#85 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:37 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Chris Paul is still beloved by much of the Oklahoma City NBA fanbase (although kicking Serge in the calf in that series a few years back did a lot of damage to his rep here). I know he doesn't want to be here but he's going to get a warm reception all the same. I expect the team to milk this for all its worth. Look for features on the Thunder broadcast about how Chris basically invented the NBA in OKC.

Yeah I already found this random twitter dude basically buying in already. 8-)
Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#86 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:Chris Paul is still beloved by much of the Oklahoma City NBA fanbase (although kicking Serge in the calf in that series a few years back did a lot of damage to his rep here). I know he doesn't want to be here but he's going to get a warm reception all the same. I expect the team to milk this for all its worth. Look for features on the Thunder broadcast about how Chris basically invented the NBA in OKC.

Yeah I already found this random twitter dude basically buying in already. 8-)
Read on Twitter

Dude, I'm telling you, this is just the start. The first game in OKC they're going to cheer for him like he won a title here.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#87 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:39 pm

Oh well this season is going to be very interesting. We were stuck being a relevant team that couldn't win anything.
Now everything can happen. Hope we will move the right pieces at the right time. We will need to get lucky (no injury for CP3/Gallo please) and develop SGA the best we can.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#88 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:40 pm

C'mon now. Don't just b#llsh$t people.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#89 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:43 pm

A lot can happen between now and December/trade deadline. Imagine if a guy like Mike Conley gets a serious injury (I like the guy so I wish it won't happen but whatever), wouldn't the Jazz be willing to trade for CP3? They are almost all in with a very good team.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#90 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 pm

Old Man Game wrote:C'mon now. Don't just b#llsh$t people.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He's doing Presti dirty job. But that's stupid because no other GM is going to believe this while some stupid fans are already crying because we may make the playoffs.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#91 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:44 pm

I still wouldn't mind if we acquire another young prospect to develop this season.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#92 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:47 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:C'mon now. Don't just b#llsh$t people.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

He's doing Presti dirty job. But that's stupid because no other GM is going to believe this while some stupid fans are already crying because we may make the playoffs.

Royce got himself a nice little career doing Presti's dirty work so I definitely don't expect him to stop now.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:50 pm

Old Man Game wrote:I know its hard to speculate w/o seeing if he takes a leap in a different offense but what do you think Ferg gets in terms of an extension or offers in restricted free agency. I'm afraid of overpaying him under a wrong headed belief he's part of our new young core.

I can't remember the exact number but I remember hearing what we offered grant before the start of 2017-18 season and it was something ridiculously cheap, maybe $3-4 million a year. Truthfully, its probably not in Ferg's best interest to sign an early extension.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#94 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:52 pm

Please tank hard enough and in time to get this guy.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#95 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:52 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I still wouldn't mind if we acquire another young prospect to develop this season.

that's what I want the most. Gallo (or Adams) and a first for a very good young prospect would be ideal.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#96 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:54 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:I know its hard to speculate w/o seeing if he takes a leap in a different offense but what do you think Ferg gets in terms of an extension or offers in restricted free agency. I'm afraid of overpaying him under a wrong headed belief he's part of our new young core.

I can't remember the exact number but I remember hearing what we offered grant before the start of 2017-18 season and it was something ridiculously cheap, maybe $3-4 million a year. Truthfully, its probably not in Ferg's best interest to sign an early extension.

I wonder if Presti finds it easier to let dudes walk now that he's not trying to actually contend.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#97 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:01 pm

Old Man Game wrote:Please tank hard enough and in time to get this guy.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

that's the guy we will get with the Houston pick?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by ThunderBolt » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:02 pm

Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:

I wonder if Presti finds it easier to let dudes walk now that he's not trying to actually contend.

I think Ferguson seems like the kind of guy that Presti will over invest in trying to make better than he actually is.
oreojenkins
Sophomore
And1: 140

Post#99 » by oreojenkins » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:09 pm

It was going to be interesting to me to see who was announced last in lineups before it became likely CP3 was staying. I would've guessed SGA first and Adams last. Now CP3 is going last for sure. Not that it matters at all.
Old Man Game
Head Coach

Post#100 » by Old Man Game » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:13 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Old Man Game wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I can't remember the exact number but I remember hearing what we offered grant before the start of 2017-18 season and it was something ridiculously cheap, maybe $3-4 million a year. Truthfully, its probably not in Ferg's best interest to sign an early extension.

I think Ferguson seems like the kind of guy that Presti will over invest in trying to make better than he actually is.

I worry that too. I do think having Paul here is going to help him quite a bit.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder