Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander & Danilo Gallinari Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by mkwest » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:48 am

Read on Twitter

Gallo's first year here was plagued by injuries. It was a real pain in the ass. But he bounced back from the glute issuess and had the best season of his career this past year. I don't think he got the credit he deserved from the talking heads, but he was consistently our best player. With 1 year left on his contract, it's hard to guess what lies ahead for him. I do wish him the best in OKC and in whatever the future holds for him. Hopefully, his injury woes are behind him and that he'll get to make the most of the remainder of his prime years.

Losing Shai really hurts. :cry: I grew to be a fan of his in his Kentucky days, which says a lot for me because I cannot stand the Wildcats. I was ecstatic when we drafted him. He was cool, calm, and collected in college and carried that poise over into the pros. It was exciting to watch the flashes of what could become a future star in the league and the fact that he as a rookie helped lead this underdog team to the playoffs. I'm very high on his potential and I am looking forward to seeing him progress as a pro, even if it is from afar.

I can't speak for anyone else, but there are always players that you kind of fantasize about them finding their way back home. It doesn't typically happen, but sometimes you get a familiar face back (e.g. Barnes, Odom, Skinner, Mbah A Moute...kind of, etc.). I won't get my hopes up for that though. Best of wishes to Shai in OKC!
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Shai Gilgeous-Alexander & Danilo Gallinari Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 6, 2019 10:57 am

I’m going to miss SGA so much I would of gave up more to Keep him. I appreciate Gallo and everything he did and tried to do he was a underrated stud last season
Tudalop
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#3 » by Tudalop » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:19 am

I just hope we can get Shai back at some point on his career. I love that kid, hope the decision doesn't hurt him too much.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#4 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:20 am

Wonder if he’s awake and knows what happen
UKClipperfan
Junior
And1: 181

Post#5 » by UKClipperfan » Sat Jul 6, 2019 11:43 am

Gallo's really good. More skilled than his size suggests. Stronger than he looks too. Just injury prone.

SGA could be great. With a bad franchise im not so sure, but with OKC im pretty sure he'll become an all star.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#6 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 6, 2019 12:56 pm

UKClipperfan wrote:Gallo's really good. More skilled than his size suggests. Stronger than he looks too. Just injury prone.

SGA could be great. With a bad franchise im not so sure, but with OKC im pretty sure he'll become an all star.

We’re mentions pre draft he was trying to steer small markets away
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,638

Post#7 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Jul 6, 2019 1:00 pm

I miss Shai already.

I literally hate that he was included in this deal.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by mkwest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by mkwest » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

:cry:
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by mkwest » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

All the Best, Shai! 

Post#11 » by Ranma » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:44 am

I'm certainly going to miss Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and it was a bit of a shock to see him traded even if it was to make the Kawhi-and-PG13 duo a reality. In any case, I hope that he'll learn from Chris Paul during their time together in OKC. Eric Bledsoe supposedly benefited from his time as CP3's understudy during the early days of Lob City, so I'm hoping the same holds true for SGA.

After a couple of years of learning from the Point God and handling increased responsibilities as a Thunder, I hope to see him come back as a Clipper some day even more readily prepared to contribute to a championship ballclub.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Ranma
RealGM

Love for Shai's Future as Part of Dynamic Duo 

Post#12 » by Ranma » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:01 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#13 » by TheNewEra » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:54 am

Robinson has to make noise this season to ease the pain
Ranma
RealGM

Sacrificing Shai 

Post#14 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 1, 2019 10:29 am

Jovan Buha & Sam Amick (with Shams Charania contributing), TheAthletic.com (7/23/19)

‘We Have a Deal Ready. Are You In?’ Inside the Clippers’ Pursuit of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#15 » by 50CalClips » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:54 pm

Count me as an OKC Thunders follower, if not an all-out fan.

Gallinari is a the kind of veteran player that could find himself on a contending team by season's end. Savvy, efficient, a real weapon.

Shai Gils is a Franchise corner-piece. It'll surprise me if he doesn't win the Most Improved Player award for 2020.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#16 » by 50CalClips » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:00 pm

I'm honestly holding out hope that Shai Gils will return to the Clippers someday years from now. I see it happening in my mind's eye.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#17 » by 50CalClips » Sat Aug 3, 2019 7:03 pm

Is the 2019-20 Schedule out yet?

OKC @ LAC... What's the crowd reaction going to be like?
Ranma
RealGM

OKC's Introduction to SGA 

Post#18 » by Ranma » Sat Aug 3, 2019 8:36 pm

Read on Twitter
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
And1: 1,419

Post#19 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:49 pm

Best of luck to both. Glad Gallo got a (really) good season under his belt … and I was one of the early guys that wanted SGA. He’s a good guy that I think/hope will be a really good player. Best of luck to both. OKC is a terrific basketball city.

Side note: Everyone is acting like OKC is going to be a wasteland next year. They've got a starting lineup that contains Adams, Gallo, SGA, and Chris Paul. They need frontcourt help, but they've got a lot of guards that can be used for (very) small ball or as trade chips with their approximately one zillion draft picks. That's not so terrible. And if I was a frontcourt guy that wanted to reestablish my NBA career, I'd go for OKC. Any vet min signing at SF and PF (and C) will get plenty of playing time.
Ranma
RealGM

Learning from the Point God 

Post#20 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:56 am

I'm hopeful to see Shai Gilgeous-Alexander benefit from learning by watching Chris Paul much like Eric Bledsoe did but to a much larger degree and more sustained extent. I've always noted that Shai was lacking in the innate court-vision and playmaking I wanted out of a starting point guard but he certainly does practically everything else well including facilitating for teammates.

If he can incorporate some of CP3's instincts into his own game, SGA will be even better at facilitating plays for his teammates. His defense and shot are already on upward trajectories for improvement while he genuinely has an uncanny ability to get to the hole with crafty shiftiness.

The kid is already a promising prospect but let's hope he realizes his full potential.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers