Han Solo wrote:https://mag.bleacherreport.com/thon-maker-bucks-unicorn/

Lmfao

Oh ye of little faith! :wink:
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Re: Pistons’ secret unicorn 

Post#3 » by DCintheD » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:14 pm

This is one of the most confusing articles I’ve ever read.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#4 » by Canadafan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:56 pm

Just watched an Instagram video from sekous page of him and thon training together. Mostly dribbling drills. Wow is thon bad at dribbling and makes sekou look like kyrie Irving lol
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,116

Post#5 » by The Moose » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:28 pm

Canadafan wrote:Just watched an Instagram video from sekous page of him and thon training together. Mostly dribbling drills. Wow is thon bad at dribbling and makes sekou look like kyrie Irving lol

That’s not Thon :lol:
Thankfully it’s just one of Sekou’s mates
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,456

Post#6 » by Canadafan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:54 pm

The Moose wrote:
Canadafan wrote:Just watched an Instagram video from sekous page of him and thon training together. Mostly dribbling drills. Wow is thon bad at dribbling and makes sekou look like kyrie Irving lol

That’s not Thon :lol:
Thankfully it’s just one of Sekou’s mates

Are you serious?? Lol. That's funny as hell it totally looks like him right?
Athletic2
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Athletic2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:47 am

Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#8 » by Moses ShamMoses » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:55 pm

I wonder if Thon still thinks he'll be league MVP....I mean he is just 22
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#9 » by DBC10 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:I wonder if Thon still thinks he'll be league MVP....I mean he is just 22

Supposedly...

But I still find that entire saga of his mysterious age humorous.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#10 » by hoophabit » Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:00 pm

Thon as a "unicorn" is an absurdity.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,612

Post#11 » by UcanUwill » Sun Jul 28, 2019 4:49 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:I wonder if Thon still thinks he'll be league MVP....I mean he is just 22

It was Kevin Garnett who said that, wasnt it?
the_l_train
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#12 » by the_l_train » Sun Jul 28, 2019 8:13 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

"Thon Maker reminds me a lot of myself. He loves the game," Garnett said. "He's a young, exuberant athlete who has a lot of tools -- he has touch; he has agility; he has really, good feet. He has a really good shot from 3-point all the way up to 19 to 21 feet. He has very good bones, as we say.

"Thon is going to be the MVP of the league one day. Mark it down. He has the bones. He has the appetite to be able to chase something like that."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-garnett-says-bucks-thon-maker-will-be-nba-mvp-one-day-he-has-the-bones/

Let's hope KG is right.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#13 » by Snakebites » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:31 pm

the_l_train wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

"Thon Maker reminds me a lot of myself. He loves the game," Garnett said. "He's a young, exuberant athlete who has a lot of tools -- he has touch; he has agility; he has really, good feet. He has a really good shot from 3-point all the way up to 19 to 21 feet. He has very good bones, as we say.

"Thon is going to be the MVP of the league one day. Mark it down. He has the bones. He has the appetite to be able to chase something like that."

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kevin-garnett-says-bucks-thon-maker-will-be-nba-mvp-one-day-he-has-the-bones/

Let's hope KG is right.

Haha.

Funny stuff.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#14 » by DetroitDon15 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:30 am

DCintheD wrote:This is one of the most confusing articles I’ve ever read.

Yeah it seems silly. :crazy:
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,942

Post#15 » by Uncle Mxy » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Thon Maker is an anagram for Monk Heart.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#16 » by Moses ShamMoses » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:58 pm

Thon might end up a 'classic case' of a guy who did everything right but his body just didn't cooperate or respond to professional training. His biggest issue is his lower body is rail thin compared to his upper body which makes him have a high center of gravity and easy to throw off-balance. He is putting in the work per the article which is good. He is also only 22 so is probably worth giving another year or so to see if anything changes in that regard. Not much downside to giving him a little more time here to develop his body.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#17 » by Manocad » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:58 pm

Uncle Mxy wrote:Thon Maker is an anagram for Monk Heart.

Also:
Mat Honker
Make North
Ear K. Month
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#18 » by 440BB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:09 pm

I believe Thon uses Knot Harem as his handle on bondage forums.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#19 » by Manocad » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:41 pm

440BB wrote:I believe Thon uses Knot Harem as his handle on bondage forums.

And Karen Moth in the drag forum
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 729

Post#20 » by A_dub06 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:16 am

Moses ShamMoses wrote: He is putting in the work per the article which is good. He is also only 22 so is probably worth giving another year or so to see if anything changes in that regard. Not much downside to giving him a little more time here to develop his body.

I know this is something that has been joked about and thrown around with humour numerous times, but being someone from Perth Western Australia where Thon immigrated to and grew up in as very young child, I definitely don’t believe he is as young as he says he is. I never met or played against Thon, but I knew people that went to Aranmore college in Leederville and also played ball with him and nobody I know believes his age. Up until a few years ago, students graduated from high school at 17yrs old and then went to university. Thon “graduated” from Aranmore college and then went to Sydney for 2 more years of high school where he “graduated” again, and then went to Canada where he went to high school again. As he was foreign born in a non English speaking country, he was enrolled at Aranmore in a programme we have for foreign students called English as a second language, the people that want to believe Thon’s age claim he only “graduated” from ESL and not actually high school but from my understanding of our education system here that is incredibly unlikely, which would have made him at minimum 17 when he left Perth, making him 19 leaving Sydney, and 21-22 when he left Canada and subsequently drafted. Unless of course you believe a 15 year old was in enrolled in year 12 classes and passed them, which would be cool and make him extremely intelligent, but also unlikely.

Sorry for the long rant and kinda pointless post, but to summarise I personally think given what I know I think he’s much older than 22, probably closer to 26 and he is what he is. He’s a likeable guy and I wish the very best for him and would love for him to blossom and kill it for the Boomers (our national team) but at this point my doubt is less based on skepticism and more based around fact.

Return to Detroit Pistons