ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Welcome to the Knicks... The Maple Mamba!!

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Re: Official Welcome to the Knicks... The Maple Mamba!! 

Post#961 » by Clyde_Style » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:43 am

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So RJ said he's "the best player in the draft"? I thought somebody was telling me how humble he is.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/05/rj-barrett-zion-williamson-nba-draft-lottery-best-player-duke

Oh god this humble kid **** again...nope, go watch some Duke post games, he's cocky, he calls himself THE MAPLE MAMBA, you know, the title of this thread??

And you know what...that's what his organization needs in their draft pick, a kid who has that kind of self awareness and attitude to put up with this **** organization, it's fanbase which thinks more highly of itself than it should and the non-sense media here.

Bondy asked him, in his first press conference, if his shoulders are ready to carry the pressure of being a Knick.....pressure of what...being a loser? OK! His answer was that he's 19 and the question is stupid...next!

If there was a kid built for the non-sense that comes with playing for the Knicks, it's this kid. That number one fatso would have been chewed up alive right now if he was missing summer camp wearing a Knicks uniform by you guys, we would have him face planted in a gallon of Haagan Daz by the All-Star break if he was here and all they talked about was his chubby cheeks.

This kid is going to be alright, unfortunately we'll get to see him at his peak in Toronto when he finally says **** this **** and packs his bags.

Yeah, I said the same the other day. If we'd drafted Zion, the crap flying in this forum right now would turn RealGM into Dorothy's house twirling in a tornado of feces

I'm thankful we got RJ. At the least, he looks like a player who will play with intelligence, determination and grit whatever level of stardom he can achieve
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#962 » by HighRyzer83 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:35 am

I really don't see this "slow" first step thing. I see someone who gets extactly where he wants to go on the court and changes speeds masterfully. Only a low iq eager beaver goes 100 mph on every possession. RJ has no issues slashing and getting right to the rim, and that's during SL, where everyone scrambles 100mph, fouls, and no floor spacing
JustCame
Assistant Coach
And1: 505

Post#963 » by JustCame » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:03 am

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
JustCame wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:I'll answer the argument on the second. The writer doesn't argue for a specific way of using the #3 FRP - either to pick someone(s) or to use it as an asset - he argues that he wouldn't use it on picking RJ. Why? Because he thinks that by far the most likely outcome of doing so is to become a treadmill team led by a stat-accruing, but inefficient player. Of course, one can disagree with his conclusions, but at least try to keep straight what his argument is.

I didn't read the 1st article yet, but will get around to it eventually.

You're missing a vital, congruent implication. If RJ isn't worth the 3rd overall pick in his eyes, then he believes the next player up would be a better choice. Given this has been consistently touted a 3 player draft, that means he's saying a better option would be to pick one of the other guys, who would profile as a role player, given it's a 3 man draft. That deduction should've been obvious.

I'm not at all. The logical conclusion to his argument is that it is not, as others claimed a 3 man draft, but rather a 2 man draft. He draws no conclusions about what to do positively (eg, take the BPA, trade down, try to trade up), merely reasons that he wouldn't take RJ with the 3rd pick.

[To be precise - he distinguishes Zion heavily from Ja as well.]

You really are though. How isn't it obvious? :crazy:

Take BPA? BPA available outside of the top 3 projects to be a role player.

Also trading up isn't an option. # 1 is untouchable, and moving up one spot doesn't make sense for them or the Grizzlies.

He's clearly implying that a better move would be to take one of the remaining solid role players. Because roughly 90% of the time teams don't trade their top 3 pick. So 90% of his implied scenario involves picking a role player over an all-star because it may cripple the franchise. Why the hell would a rebuilding team draft a role player with the 3rd pick?

It's a terrible argument. The writer should've proofread, or asked for other's opinions before publishing it.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 15,614

Post#964 » by stuporman » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:06 pm

After all of the FA additions and with as much depth as the Knicks have it seems like RJ's ROY chances have gotten longer compared to someone like Ja who will have the ball in his hands much of the time to put up big numbers.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 37,862

Post#965 » by KnicksGod » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:32 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:I really don't see this "slow" first step thing. I see someone who gets extactly where he wants to go on the court and changes speeds masterfully. Only a low iq eager beaver goes 100 mph on every possession. RJ has no issues slashing and getting right to the rim, and that's during SL, where everyone scrambles 100mph, fouls, and no floor spacing

I’m somewhat unsure. But think his skill around the basket is good enough and speed is overrated if you’re able to get the shot off.
Context
RealGM
And1: 11,450

Post#966 » by Context » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:30 pm

RiseOfTheEmpire wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:So RJ said he's "the best player in the draft"? I thought somebody was telling me how humble he is.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/05/rj-barrett-zion-williamson-nba-draft-lottery-best-player-duke

Oh god this humble kid **** again...nope, go watch some Duke post games, he's cocky, he calls himself THE MAPLE MAMBA, you know, the title of this thread??

And you know what...that's what his organization needs in their draft pick, a kid who has that kind of self awareness and attitude to put up with this **** organization, it's fanbase which thinks more highly of itself than it should and the non-sense media here.

Bondy asked him, in his first press conference, if his shoulders are ready to carry the pressure of being a Knick.....pressure of what...being a loser? OK! His answer was that he's 19 and the question is stupid...next!

If there was a kid built for the non-sense that comes with playing for the Knicks, it's this kid. That number one fatso would have been chewed up alive right now if he was missing summer camp wearing a Knicks uniform by you guys, we would have him face planted in a gallon of Haagan Daz by the All-Star break if he was here and all they talked about was his chubby cheeks.

This kid is going to be alright, unfortunately we'll get to see him at his peak in Toronto when he finally says **** this **** and packs his bags.

:lol:
this is my brand of posting riiiiight here! :lol:
Heres to hoping that you are wrong about him going to Toronto :nonono:
This is what stood out to me the most- his presence! AND he confirms it
every-time he speaks...just as you did- I especially liked they way he handled that "shoulder" question.
It was almost like he put ice in Bondys coffee and brought him down to reality :lol: laughed it off-next question...
Add Pat representing us in the draft that ultimately got him- I say this is the kid that leads us to a chip in the future-
he will definitely be captain one day...
Spoiler:
"Against All Odds" "The Watch"
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,884

Post#967 » by blueNorange » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:11 pm

HighRyzer83 wrote:I really don't see this "slow" first step thing. I see someone who gets extactly where he wants to go on the court and changes speeds masterfully. Only a low iq eager beaver goes 100 mph on every possession. RJ has no issues slashing and getting right to the rim, and that's during SL, where everyone scrambles 100mph, fouls, and no floor spacing

he's not fast so he plays slow this way his first steps comes off more explosive.

pretty much the kid plays like a 13 year old savvy veteran, changing the pace of the game is a veteran move.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HighRyzer83
RealGM
And1: 4,487

Post#968 » by HighRyzer83 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 pm

blueNorange wrote:

he's not fast so he plays slow this way his first steps comes off more explosive.

pretty much the kid plays like a 13 year old savvy veteran, changing the pace of the game is a veteran move.

Exactly, changes speeds. Look closely when he turns the corner on his denfeder, particularly when going left, he gives and sudden burst via long stride/glide/eurostep. It comes sudden and unexpected. Whatever adjective it is, it's anything but slow.
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,075

Post#969 » by Chanel Bomber » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:47 am

I'm so hyped.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#970 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:09 pm

Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm so hyped.

Yep. The kids will be fun. Hopefully they get the majority of the PT
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#971 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:20 pm

dakomish23 wrote:

"And starting at SG for your NY Knicks.....Wayyyyyyyyynnnnnnnne Ellllllllllllllllllllingtonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!"

:D
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,309

Post#972 » by dakomish23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:17 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

"And starting at SG for your NY Knicks.....Wayyyyyyyyynnnnnnnne Ellllllllllllllllllllingtonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!"

Wait till it happens

“Earn it!”
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 81,784

Post#973 » by thebuzzardman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:24 pm

dakomish23 wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:

Wait till it happens

“Earn it!”

In all seriousness, I'd like to see Ellington on the floor WITH RJ. Open the floor up for him. Dotson would be fine, if it's accurate Dotson that night, instead of semi accurate Dotson, who shows up every 4th game.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,169

Post#974 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:13 pm

stuporman wrote:After all of the FA additions and with as much depth as the Knicks have it seems like RJ's ROY chances have gotten longer compared to someone like Ja who will have the ball in his hands much of the time to put up big numbers.

ROY? Barrett?

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
stuporman
RealGM

Post#975 » by stuporman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:02 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
stuporman wrote:After all of the FA additions and with as much depth as the Knicks have it seems like RJ's ROY chances have gotten longer compared to someone like Ja who will have the ball in his hands much of the time to put up big numbers.

ROY? Barrett?

It time you wipe his nutsalt out of your eyes comrade.... :lol:
Image?
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#976 » by CharlesOakley » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:38 pm

If RJ can become a good shooter his whole game will open up. Frank with a good 3-point percentage would make a great guard next to him. DSJr. needs the ball too much to be effective. I'd prefer RJ get put into decision-making spots.

PG - Frank (I'm a homer - I think he breaks out this year)
SG - RJ
SF - Brazdeikis
PF - Randle
C - Mitch

The lineup I'm most excited to see. Everybody is a ball mover, strong rebounding team, good size with really good switching potential, toughness at most positions and the strongest defenders at the two most important defensive positions.

That also strikes me as a really smart team. When was the last time we put five high BBIQ players on the floor at the same time?
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,177

Post#977 » by Clyde_Style » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:32 pm

CharlesOakley wrote:If RJ can become a good shooter his whole game will open up. Frank with a good 3-point percentage would make a great guard next to him. DSJr. needs the ball too much to be effective. I'd prefer RJ get put into decision-making spots.

SG - RJ
SF - Brazdeikis
PF - Randle
C - Mitch

The lineup I'm most excited to see. Everybody is a ball mover, strong rebounding team, good size with really good switching potential, toughness at most positions and the strongest defenders at the two most important defensive positions.

That also strikes me as a really smart team. When was the last time we put five high BBIQ players on the floor at the same time?

I hope you're right about Frank because I love that line-up. It could kick some serious butt
stuporman
RealGM

Post#978 » by stuporman » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:19 pm

It would be great if Frank gets a solid 3ball and then pairing him with RJ to form an oversized backcourt would be interesting to see.
Image?
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#979 » by camillepd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:37 pm

A Frank and RJ backcourt would be intriguing to see.
CharlesOakley
Veteran
And1: 2,483

Post#980 » by CharlesOakley » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
CharlesOakley wrote:If RJ can become a good shooter his whole game will open up. Frank with a good 3-point percentage would make a great guard next to him. DSJr. needs the ball too much to be effective. I'd prefer RJ get put into decision-making spots.

SG - RJ
SF - Brazdeikis
PF - Randle
C - Mitch

I hope you're right about Frank because I love that line-up. It could kick some serious butt

And the best part:

PG - 20
SG - 19
SF - 20
PF - 24
C - 21

Average age < 21 :o

Return to New York Knicks