No
94%

Total votes: 16

tor1234567
Rookie
And1: 990

Re: PACERS ARE A LEGIT THREAT TO WIN THE EAST 

Post#21 » by tor1234567 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:44 am

How the Please Don't Evade the Language Filter did you asshats manage to get Brogdon for a first round pick AND sign him up for only $22M?

Nuts.

If I knew he was gettable, I would have been fine with my Raptors offering a near max deal for him.

Too bad you lost Bogie (who is really good)... But Brogdon is a future all-star.

-Boomershadow
winter_mute_13
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,482

Post#22 » by winter_mute_13 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:15 pm

Uh, thanks? Raptors didn't have the cap space to offer Brogdon (or anyone else other than Kawhi) a near max contract.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,052

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:53 pm

tor1234567 wrote:How the f$&k did you asshats manage to get Brogdon for a first round pick AND sign him up for only $22M?

Nuts.

If I knew he was gettable, I would have been fine with my Raptors offering a near max deal for him.

Too bad you lost Bogie (who is really good)... But Brogdon is a future all-star.

You’d have had to have given up on Kawhi a week earlier and then salary dumped Serge or Gasol for no salary in return just to offer him what we did.

But yeah. It’s possible that we gave up the 1st and 2 2nds to avoid having to overpay to keep Milwaukee from matching. Maybe we saved $10-20m by giving up the 1st? I am surprised they prioritized George Hill and Brook Lopez over Brogdon though.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 932

Post#24 » by Tom White » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:37 pm

tor1234567 wrote:How the f$&k did you asshats manage to get Brogdon for a first round pick AND sign him up for only $22M?

If only you hadn't called us "asshats" we would have been happy to share the secret as to how we got him. But sadly, no chance of that now. :lol:
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#25 » by old skool » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:19 pm

Brogdon struggles to stay on the court. He has missed 52 games over the last two seasons and plays relatively short minutes for a starter, always averaging under 30 mpg.

Brogdon is incredibly steady, efficient and strong. His shooting accuracy is wasted to a degree because he can't create his own shot. He can be exposed defensively by quicker guards.

Milwaukee had an incredible record in games that both Hill and Antetokounmpo played. Hill can't handle major minutes either, but the combination of Hill and Matthews should replace what Milwaukee had last year. Just as important was the Lopez signing. His size and skill set were nearly unreplaceable.

The biggest advantage from the decision to let Brogdon leave is the trade deadline flexibility that gives Milwaukee the chance to make even more important improvements.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Indiana Pacers