Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 1,751

Re: Pistons sign Oregon's Louis King to a two-way contract 

Post#21 » by dVs33 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:13 am

Kilo wrote:
dVs33 wrote:
Kilo wrote:
Straight up G-League contract or stay in Europe.
Forgive my ignorance, but if he signs a straight Gleague deal do we still keep his NBA rights?

Sent from my CPH1707 using RealGM mobile app

Yes. It would be as if he signed with any other league outside of the NBA. It's a pure draft and stash. A 2-way contract I think is an official NBA contract and means he'd be an RFA at the end of it.
Cheers.
As far as his development is concerned, it's a good thing he's going to the US for next season. Can't say the same for his bank account if it's a straight gleague deal haha

Sent from my CPH1707 using RealGM mobile app
kellmellus50
Starter
And1: 142

Post#22 » by kellmellus50 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:17 pm

He had 1 season avg 13.5 pts in 30 min ? only 6.8 height i think he will be switched out before start of the season.

4 summer league game he totaled 11 pts shot 26.7 on 2pts shot and 12.5 on 3pt shot not much there, this is a bad signing.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,104

Post#23 » by Kilo » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:26 pm

He's a developmental signing. He was a 5-Star recruit out of High School who got bad advice and should have went back to school. In pre-draft interviews he mentioned he heard he would go between 15-45 and was likely a first rounder. All of the Oregon players who came out fared poorly - two undrafted and Bol Bol went 44th when he was mocked as a lottery pick most of the year.

Much rather sign a kid like this on a two-way than Kalin Lucas or Isiah Whitehead. He's basically our 17th player, and if we need him for any minutes it means the whole season is lost already and we're in tank mode.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,314

Post#24 » by Moses ShamMoses » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:29 pm

Let's not jump the gun to label this guy a bust after a few summer league games. There is no harm in playing him big minutes this season in Grand Rapids to see what we've got in him. If he stinks it up, so be it, it's not like we have a long-term commitment to the guy.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#25 » by DBC10 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:39 pm

He's a long lanky forward that can show promising jump shot to his game. He's what every team covets on paper, so I'm willing to give him a few years to see what we got.

Two way contracts are great for guys like him.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 332

Post#26 » by Drwho17 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:53 pm

Yes a great gamble, he got off to a slow start in college too, some guys are just that way, 5 star recruit with good athleticism that still has some growing to do, these are the guys teams should use 2-way contracts.

Return to Detroit Pistons