ImageImageImage

Tacko Fall Signed to Two-Way (10-13-19)

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

greenpierce
Pro Prospect
And1: 148

Re: Welcome to our SL team, Tacko Fall! 

Post#401 » by greenpierce » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:47 pm

Slavery? Let's pump the breaks here a little bit. I like Tacko Fall as much as anyone BUT, he's a walk-on prospect that mostly had some Summer League popularity because of the uniqueness of his size. He wasn't drafted, meaning most teams have (had) serious doubts about his ability. Besides, it's not like he can't play in Europe or Australia if he wants to.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Post#402 » by Parliament10 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
radcot wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.

According to the terms of an Exhibit 10 contract, he doesn't have the option to "walk" unless the Celts waive him or do not offer him either a two-way or a regular contract prior to the start of the season. If they do waive him, he can sign with Portland for a $50,000 bonus (C's do NOT retain his rights) or he can sign with another team for whatever.
You mean they can force him to take a contract? That sounds little like slavery:-)

Please refrain from using incendiary words like that.

~ Parl
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 58,133

Post#403 » by Froob » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:29 pm

Is it possible he hasn’t officially signed the exhibit 10? Why would there be a complication if not? One of my friends thinks there could be a visa issue. Otherwise, it seems cut and dry that they would just sign him..?

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
radcot
General Manager
And1: 11,466

Post#404 » by radcot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:07 am

Tiny ball wrote:
radcot wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.

According to the terms of an Exhibit 10 contract, he doesn't have the option to "walk" unless the Celts waive him or do not offer him either a two-way or a regular contract prior to the start of the season. If they do waive him, he can sign with Portland for a $50,000 bonus (C's do NOT retain his rights) or he can sign with another team for whatever.
You mean they can force him to take a contract? That sounds little like slavery:-)

Assuming Tacko has indeed signed his contract with the Exhibit 10 provision, it is a year-long contract at minimum salary with certain provisions. So if he tried to sign with another NBA team, he would be violating an existing contract just like any other contract.
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,621

Post#405 » by Green89 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:16 am

Froob wrote:Is it possible he hasn’t officially signed the exhibit 10? Why would there be a complication if not? One of my friends thinks there could be a visa issue. Otherwise, it seems cut and dry that they would just sign him..?

I think he signed the Exhibit 10 deal. Probably waiting on Visa issues to sign a full contract. Doesn't proof you have a job here help with getting a Visa?
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#406 » by Bohemian » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:59 am

Green89 wrote:
Froob wrote:Is it possible he hasn’t officially signed the exhibit 10? Why would there be a complication if not? One of my friends thinks there could be a visa issue. Otherwise, it seems cut and dry that they would just sign him..?

I think he signed the Exhibit 10 deal. Probably waiting on Visa issues to sign a full contract. Doesn't proof you have a job here help with getting a Visa?

Danny said Tacko was going to Senegal for the first time in years. Maybe he is doing some paperwork there as well.
canman1971
Senior Mod - Celtics
Senior Mod - Celtics
And1: 8,502

Post#407 » by canman1971 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Bohemian wrote:
Green89 wrote:

Danny said Tacko was going to Senegal for the first time in years. Maybe he is doing some paperwork there as well.

My guess is he was on a student visa, and now has to switch to a work one of some sort. 6 years since being back I believe. That's crazy.
Darth Celtic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,013

Post#408 » by Darth Celtic » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:57 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
radcot wrote:

except he signed a contract that offers that money and terms, agreeing fully to it.

Just stop with your bad takes.
MrDollarBills = MrWelchesBets
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#409 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:10 pm

Green89 wrote:

Himmelsbach reports in the Globe that the Exhibit 10 has already been signed (as previously reported), the additional signing would presumably be on the regular roster.
Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#410 » by Tiny ball » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:00 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
Tiny ball wrote:
radcot wrote:

except he signed a contract that offers that money and terms, agreeing fully to it.

Just stop with your bad takes.
I was joking I put the smile?
batabatuta
Pro Prospect
And1: 754

Post#411 » by batabatuta » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:10 pm

canman1971 wrote:
Bohemian wrote:
Green89 wrote:

My guess is he was on a student visa, and now has to switch to a work one of some sort. 6 years since being back I believe. That's crazy.

This is most likely the reason why. Hope he sort this out.
cloverleaf
General Manager
And1: 6,377

Post#412 » by cloverleaf » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:15 pm

batabatuta wrote:
canman1971 wrote:
Bohemian wrote:

This is most likely the reason why. Hope he sort this out.

Not gonna be an issue, just has to be dealt with.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 53,801

Post#413 » by Parliament10 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:28 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
BigTrade92
General Manager
And1: 10,685

Post#414 » by BigTrade92 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:06 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
London2Boston
General Manager
And1: 12,028

Post#415 » by London2Boston » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:41 am

BigTrade92 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Mmm. I love Turkish Food.
return2glory
RealGM
And1: 9,687

Post#416 » by return2glory » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:03 am

greenpierce wrote:Slavery? Let's pump the breaks here a little bit. I like Tacko Fall as much as anyone BUT, he's a walk-on prospect that mostly had some Summer League popularity because of the uniqueness of his size. He wasn't drafted, meaning most teams have (had) serious doubts about his ability. Besides, it's not like he can't play in Europe or Australia if he wants to.

SL popularity was bs. I agree the popularity came because of his size. But it almost mostly came from people that had not followed his career.

Tacko was a beast in the tournament and led his team on a nice run. They would have beaten Duke and all their star power had Tacko not fouled out. Tacko played better in the tournament, then he did during the season.

13 and 18 with 5 blocks in one tournament game. Another double double vs Duke. Forgot how many blocks he had in that one but I remember he blocked Zion twice in that game.

Summer league made Tacko kind of like a side show. The guy can play. He is still getting better and will get stronger. He is also a highly intelligent guy and a hard worker. He has a place in the NBA. And I hope the Celtics sign him soon.
Roddy
Head Coach
And1: 10,807

Post#417 » by Roddy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:45 am

return2glory wrote:
greenpierce wrote:Slavery? Let's pump the breaks here a little bit. I like Tacko Fall as much as anyone BUT, he's a walk-on prospect that mostly had some Summer League popularity because of the uniqueness of his size. He wasn't drafted, meaning most teams have (had) serious doubts about his ability. Besides, it's not like he can't play in Europe or Australia if he wants to.

SL popularity was bs. I agree the popularity came because of his size. But it almost mostly came from people that had not followed his career.

Tacko was a beast in the tournament and led his team on a nice run. They would have beaten Duke and all their star power had Tacko got fouled out. Tacko played better in the tournament, then he did during the season.

13 and 18 with 5 blocks in one tournament game. Another double double vs Duke. Forgot how many blocks he had in that one but I remember he blocked Zion twice in that game.

Summer league maybe Tacko kind of like a side show. The guy has play. He is still getting better and will get stronger. He is also a highly bright guy and a hard worker. He has a place in the NBA. And I hope the Celtics sign him soon.

Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,389

Post#418 » by Triple7 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:55 am

return2glory wrote:

Tacko was a beast in the tournament and led his team on a nice run. They would have beaten Duke and all their star power had Tacko got fouled out. Tacko played better in the tournament, then he did during the season.

Summer league maybe Tacko kind of like a side show. The guy has play. He is still getting better and will get stronger. He is also a highly bright guy and a hard worker. He has a place in the NBA. And I hope the Celtics sign him soon.

I agree Tacko can really develop. We need to give him a spot in the roster, instead of signing another pg that won’t play anyways.
Fencer reregistered
RealGM
And1: 25,622

Post#419 » by Fencer reregistered » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:53 am

London2Boston wrote:
BigTrade92 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Mmm. I love Turkish Food.

But getting good Turkish food in Boston seems hard. My wife and I haven't really liked any options since we stopped going to Istanbul Cafe at the base of Beacon Hill. (I understand it's closed now anyway.)

Are we overlooking anything? One complication is that she's a vegetarian and I emphatically am not.
Banned temporarily for, among other sins, being "Extremely Deviant".
sam_I_am
RealGM
And1: 8,966

Post#420 » by sam_I_am » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Tiny ball wrote:
sam_I_am wrote:Tacko either gets 2 way, makes roster which means a 2 yr. rookie deal, or we sign him to Maine and risk some other team offering contract. Due to rescinding Theis QO and signing him, we cannot offer Tacko or Waters a 4 year rookie deal. I think Waters is a guy team is high on so but don’t really need this year with Wannamaker. I bet they would rather keep him (Waters) in Maine and keep option to give him 4 year deal next year so they don’t get a Brogdon situation.

This, IMO, means Tacko will be the guy to get 15th roster spot.

Why would Tacko sign a two way real? He will walk and sign 4 year deal odds are few million a year. He might take 5 million two years if they swear he plays 10 to 15 minutes a game. If not he walks. Brad hates bigs and Danny well he will say we tried to sign him.

Why would he? So he can play in NBA some day.

1. Nobody drafted him
2. His per 36 min numbers for SL were 7 ppg, 4 rpg....but he only played 12 min per game
3. His lane agility, vertical leap, shuttle runs were bottom 6% of all centers who have ever been measured at combine
4. All his offense comes as a post player and he has 19% turnover rate in post
5. On pick and roll he only converts 6% of time.

If somebody wants to pay him $5 million for 2 years, then he won’t be a Celtic and I would congratulate him.

Return to Boston Celtics