Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,894

Re: Woj: Pacers acquire Warren and 32 from Phoenix for nothing 

Post#61 » by Damkac » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:10 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Damkac wrote:The whole point of this move was to save $arver's money. Don't try to analyse it from basketball perspective.

It let you sign Rubio in the end.

They also traded Josh Jackson for literally nothing to open up cap for Rubio.

They added assets to trade Jackson.
But I'm OK with that. JJ is one of the worst players in the NBA and a terrible person. Warren on the other hand is productive player and dumping him was dumb. It could make sense if this was required to sign star player, not overpaying Rubio.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 400

Post#62 » by Grang33r » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:24 pm

Damkac wrote:
Grang33r wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

It let you sign Rubio in the end.

But I'm OK with that. JJ is one of the worst players in the NBA and a terrible person. Warren on the other hand is productive player and dumping him was dumb. It could make sense if this was required to sign star player, not overpaying Rubio.

What’s the story on Jackson? I saw he was allegedly caught smoking weed by his kids?
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,579

Post#63 » by pacers33granger » Thu Jul 4, 2019 9:41 pm

Grang33r wrote:
What’s the story on Jackson? I saw he was allegedly caught smoking weed by his kids?

The story there is that he allegedly got his baby accidentally high by having her around smoke, whether himself or someone else but in his care. It very well may be true and he's clearly a smoker, but he was accused by his baby mama so take it with some grain of salt as family court allegations are sometimes iffy.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,026

Post#64 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Jul 4, 2019 10:17 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Damkac wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

That’s the recent one. He was arrested with trespassing and felony disorderly conduct earlier this summer at a EDM festival in Miami for trying to force his way into VIP.

As for the weed smoking, he admitted he smoked a lot of weed around his kid. The debate is whether or not the kid got high or not.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#65 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jul 5, 2019 4:59 am

pacers33granger wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

The story there is that he allegedly got his baby accidentally high by having her around smoke, whether himself or someone else but in his care. It very well may be true and he's clearly a smoker, but he was accused by his baby mama so take it with some grain of salt as family court allegations are sometimes iffy.

The daughter of an exfriend of mine claimed to have smoke dope the whole time she was pregnant, she was 20 or 21, I think. She said that it makes the baby smarter! :noway:

I'm sure that I sound just like my dad when I say this but these kids and young adults act like they are the ones that discovered the S***, I have never smoked it and will not use it or CBD. There are limited medical uses for it, but every bozo dope freak out there now claims they need medical marijuana. Most of them act like they have some Natural Right to use it. Just watch Live PD and see the morons driving down the road getting pulled over for Driving Under the Influence.

My Nephew is an IMPD officer and tells me about the idiots and freaks he runs into all the time.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#66 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:25 pm

Trade now official with the league

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#67 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Jul 6, 2019 5:26 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 823

Post#68 » by Pacersike » Mon Jul 8, 2019 10:59 pm

Strange personality, of whom you wonder what is going on inside his head. But if he plays well, don't care much about that.

Saying some person has a better personality than someone else, is like saying green is a better color than red. They are different.

As long as he plays well together with the team, he doesn't have to smile all the time or sound excited while saying he is excited.

Everyone is different and equal. Glad to have him on our team and think he might become our annual surprise player.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#69 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:52 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

FYI: During last season, $1.1m was literally the least amount of money a team could send that would classify as enough value to satisfy sending “something” in a trade.
sunsfever68
Sixth Man
And1: 310

Post#70 » by sunsfever68 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:06 pm

Suns fan here

If TJ continues his shooting 3's from last year, it was a solid pickup for you guys. If he regresses back to normal, and all he can do is score on weird runners and get his own buckets, don't expect anything more than a bench player really bc he doesn't pass or rebound or defend block steal etc.

TJ is a nice guy, extremely quiet, kinda odd personality, but hoping he does well in Indiana. Suns preferred keeping Bridges and Oubre obviously over Warren/Jackson that's why both got shipped out, but Warren+32nd pick for nothing was a steal for u guys.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#71 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:15 pm

sunsfever68 wrote:Suns fan here

If TJ continues his shooting 3's from last year, it was a solid pickup for you guys. If he regresses back to normal, and all he can do is score on weird runners and get his own buckets, don't expect anything more than a bench player really bc he doesn't pass or rebound or defend block steal etc.

TJ is a nice guy, extremely quiet, kinda odd personality, but hoping he does well in Indiana. Suns preferred keeping Bridges and Oubre obviously over Warren/Jackson that's why both got shipped out, but Warren+32nd pick for nothing was a steal for u guys.

Especially with the addition of Justin Holiday today, we’ve got a nice protection if Warren regresses. He might now be a backup 4 primarily?
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#72 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Aug 4, 2019 2:11 am

Pacersike wrote:Strange personality, of whom you wonder what is going on inside his head. But if he plays well, don't care much about that.

Saying some person has a better personality than someone else, is like saying green is a better color than red. They are different.

As long as he plays well together with the team, he doesn't have to smile all the time or sound excited while saying he is excited.

Everyone is different and equal. Glad to have him on our team and think he might become our annual surprise player.

basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,914

Post#73 » by basketballwacko2 » Thu Aug 8, 2019 2:58 pm

pacers33granger wrote:
Grang33r wrote:

I've heard of people blowing pot smoke in their baby's face when the kid is crying and won't stop. The idea is that it will calm them down. Idiotic and abusive yes, but we have a generation of people who think they need "Medical Marijuana" who have no aliments other that morbid stupidity.

Return to Indiana Pacers