ImageImage

Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,593

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver 

Post#41 » by TroyD92 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:18 pm

ive been begging for this since last year. Bucks can hide him a lot on defense and I’m not buying he’s totally done. Reduce his minutes a significant amount and he could have a George Hill type impact.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#42 » by PG Graveyard » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:33 pm

Yeah this team is very deep now. Should at least be able to really spread minutes around as well as sit some guys out later in the season while maintaining a quality rotation. I'm excited for the Mason, Matthews, Korver, Ily, Lopez starting lineup against the Wizards in late March and still winning the game.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,352

Post#43 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Love it.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ibanezjp
Senior
And1: 288

Post#44 » by ibanezjp » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Why do people think he can’t play in the playoffs? We just need him to play like 15 minutes and hit some 3’s
when everyone else is cold. Need him to just make some of those 3’s that Mirotic missed in the Toronto series and it will be worth it.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#45 » by M-C-G » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:41 pm

emunney wrote:<---------guy who still wishes we had that TPE.

The dali lama?
DavidDunn21
Sixth Man
And1: 1,943

Post#46 » by DavidDunn21 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:49 pm

raferfenix wrote:Who else remembers Dell Curry at the tail end of his career in Milwaukee drilling quick 3's in a matter of mins off the bench?

Could see Korver playing a significant role in small spurts making teams pay for packing the lane on Giannis. Even if he's not shooting there is the threat he could shoot whenever he is on the court.

And there probably isn't a better team in the league better equipped to hide him defensively.

We had Dell Curry, Vinnie Del Negro, and Michael Curry.

Jonnie Mac didn't know if he was coming or going with those names. :lol:
kid idioteque
Analyst
And1: 2,542

Post#47 » by kid idioteque » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:21 pm

he's really old so my reaction is:

H2tObes
RealGM
And1: 10,022

Post#48 » by H2tObes » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:33 pm

Bud will put on a regular season clinic with this roster, so many guys who can give you a good 15 minutes a night. Need to add another substantial piece at the deadline, which I'm sure the FO is already thinking about. I think we're in good shape

The best part of this move is Korver working with Giannis, that is surely going to help out his shooting woes
truly
Starter
And1: 2,085

Post#49 » by truly » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:37 pm

H2tObes wrote:Bud will put on a regular season clinic with this roster, so many guys who can give you a good 15 minutes a night. Need to add another substantial piece at the deadline, which I'm sure the FO is already thinking about. I think we're in good shape

The best part of this move is Korver working with Giannis, that is surely going to help out his shooting woes

Honestly seeing his progress within the season last year it is apparent that the shooting coach we have now knows what he is doing.I now have a little hope for Giannis's shooting again.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#50 » by Chuck Diesel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:43 pm

The cool thing is Korver only has to play once a week and it’d go a long way towards preserving guys throughout the season.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#51 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:56 pm

I couldn’t care less if he even plays. Just duct tape Giannis and Donte to this guy’s hips during practice. Best part of the move would be if it guarantees we don’t sign JR. I’d love to coax Darren Collison out of retirement to play the third PG role.

ETA: sorry. According to some here I’m supposed to hate every move and be miserable about it so..ahem.

Korver is washed, old, and Budenholzer just wants his guys here. This does nothing for the future or present. Fire HorZt and bring back teh Lary Haaaris.
Do it for Chuck
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,223

Post#52 » by rilamann » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 pm

As long as you can consistently knock down open shots, you'll contribute on a team with Giannis. Korver is old but he's still a solid addition. Another great thing about the Bucks these days is that when we sign a 9th or 10th man, we're actually signing him with the intentions of him being our 9th or 10th man. In the old days we'd sign a 9th or 10th with the intentions of him being our 4th best player.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,273

Post#53 » by jakecronus8 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:01 pm

rilamann wrote:As long as you can consistently knock down open shots, you'll contribute on a team with Giannis. Korver is old but he's still a solid addition. Another great thing about the Bucks these days is that when we sign a 9th or 10th man, we're actually signing him with the intentions of him being our 9th or 10th man. In the old days we'd sign a 9th or 10th with the intentions of him being our 4th best player.

I remember signing Marquis Daniels and playing him over Tobias Harris. Good times.
Do it for Chuck
MrHoneycutt
Starter
And1: 2,443

Post#54 » by MrHoneycutt » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:03 pm

Awesome. Glad to be able to feel more-excited about the season as the off-season wears on.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,352

Post#55 » by GoldenAntlers » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:04 pm

That was the year I started paying attention to basketball again. I remember declaring that I was a Bucks fan and convincing myself 12/15 players on the roster were playable.

Edit: (In response to Daniels/Tones.)
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,448

Post#56 » by -Jragon- » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:05 pm

jakecronus8 wrote:I couldn’t care less if he even plays. Just duct tape Giannis and Donte to this guy’s hips during practice. Best part of the move would be if it guarantees we don’t sign JR. I’d love to coax Darren Collison out of retirement to play the third PG role.

ETA: sorry. According to some here I’m supposed to hate every move and be miserable about it so..ahem.

Korver is washed, old, and Budenholzer just wants his guys here. This does nothing for the future or present. Fire HorZt and bring back teh Lary Haaaris.

No-one mentioned Korver helping Bledsoe with that 3.. imagine that... championship he's always open
-Jragon-
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,448

Post#57 » by -Jragon- » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:07 pm

So y'all want bonzi, jr or someone else now
BuckHole
Veteran
And1: 1,004

Post#58 » by BuckHole » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:09 pm

I guess. I have faith. I really don’t know.
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,118

Post#59 » by LittleRooster » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

raferfenix wrote:Who else remembers Dell Curry at the tail end of his career in Milwaukee drilling quick 3's in a matter of mins off the bench?

Could see Korver playing a significant role in small spurts making teams pay for packing the lane on Giannis. Even if he's not shooting there is the threat he could shoot whenever he is on the court.

And there probably isn't a better team in the league better equipped to hide him defensively.

Hell ya I do. He was my favorite player, outside of Ray and later Cassel lol, and I was bummed when he left the next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
tedbrogen
Analyst
And1: 2,827

Post#60 » by tedbrogen » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:24 pm

-Jragon- wrote:So y'all want bonzi, jr or someone else now

JR. Bonzi can be the other two way if they want to keep him around.

Edit - just saw FMIII got that second two way. Still would rather grab JR than sign Bonzi. Maybe I am missing something but Bonzi does not look like an NBA player.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks