Davis to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart & 2019 4th OV plus 2 1st rd picks

Moderator: bwgood77

Mtowngrizz
Freshman
And1: 76

Re: Davis to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart & 2019 4th OV plus 2 1st rd picks 

Post#41 » by Mtowngrizz » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:51 pm

NOLA is all about the Saints and LSU football....they don't give a damn about basketball. It's a shame that Zion will have to play in a market like that.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Re: Davis to the Lakers for Ball, Ingram, Hart & 2019 4th OV plus 2 1st rd picks 

Post#42 » by GopherIt! » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:58 pm

delanka wrote:hello my people

Hi there!

welcome heat fam.

We hope to have more interactions with you in the future.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#43 » by LewisnotMiller » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:25 am

Nice trade. Griff has set you guys up about as nicely as you could have hoped under the circumstances.
I'd trade the #4 pick with other assets for a young star (Beal) if at all possible. Holiday, Zion, Beal plus some futures draft picks is more than enough to build a team around.

But assuming that's not possible, you're still really well placed.
League Pass for sure!
pelifan
RealGM
And1: 21,691

Post#44 » by pelifan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:11 am

Mtowngrizz wrote:NOLA is all about the Saints and LSU football....they don't give a damn about basketball. It's a shame that Zion will have to play in a market like that.

says the grizzly fan
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,142

Post#45 » by GopherIt! » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:51 am

pelifan wrote:
Mtowngrizz wrote:NOLA is all about the Saints and LSU football....they don't give a damn about basketball. It's a shame that Zion will have to play in a market like that.

says the grizzly fan

Hello heat fam banner holder!

Thank you for your support.

We look forward to having more interactions with you in the future.
poomaster
Senior
And1: 701

Post#46 » by poomaster » Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:15 pm

It would have been interesting if Griffin kept the 4th and added Garland or Hunter to pair with Zion but I guess he was not that impressed with them?

Both I think would have been nice long term pieces to put next to Zion , especially Garland. You can basically have a 3 man rotation of Garland / Zo / Holiday, great small - ball 3 pg in spurts lineup for today's game or have Garland off the bench to let him play on / off the ball when Zo or Holiday are on the bench.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,944

Post#47 » by DayofMourning » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:29 am

poomaster wrote:It would have been interesting if Griffin kept the 4th and added Garland or Hunter to pair with Zion but I guess he was not that impressed with them?

Both I think would have been nice long term pieces to put next to Zion , especially Garland. You can basically have a 3 man rotation of Garland / Zo / Holiday, great small - ball 3 pg in spurts lineup for today's game or have Garland off the bench to let him play on / off the ball when Zo or Holiday are on the bench.

I was definitely rooting for them to draft Hunter. Apparently, they didn't have as high an opinion on him as others. He's such a good team player and has a high IQ on both ends of the floor. He'd have been an amazing asset. I'm guessing they value Ingram more, and didn't want to duplicate positions.
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#48 » by Illuminaire » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:16 am

DayofMourning wrote:I was definitely rooting for them to draft Hunter.

I think Hunter is a high floor player, but his ceiling is very close to that floor. He's going to be very good for the Hawks because of fit, but I wouldn't have taken him at 4 for us.

I see a couple of yellow flags that make me think he's going to be a limited (but effective) NBA player. His team defense is only OK, for instance. He has relatively weak steal and block numbers, which are often a sign of atheticism and court sense in college players. He doesn't pass well either... the overall picture I get is someone who is amazing at focus activities (3 point shooting, man defense) but doesn't have a feel for the bigger court geometry.
Knox
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,299

Post#49 » by Knox » Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:27 am

Trade Lonzo to the knicks
Globo Gym

Coach David Joerger
PG Jrue Hollday | T.Burke
SG D.DeRozan | Tony Snell | Glen Rice Jr
SF Nick Young | Omri Caspi |Glen Rice Jr
PF Markieff Morris |Ryan Kelly / Joel Freeland
C A.Varejao | Byron Mullens
Cal And Jay
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#50 » by Cal And Jay » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:50 pm

Lonzo gonna have a great season if he can stay healthy. He's been Lakers best player past two seasons
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#51 » by NoZoLakers » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:08 pm

Cal And Jay wrote:Lonzo gonna have a great season if he can stay healthy. He's been Lakers best player past two seasons

not even remotely close, 40% from the field, sub 30's from 3's and 45% from FT line (this also affects his willingness to drive because he doesn't want to get fouled and go to the line), this is where advance metrics makes people misjudge players...the real prize is Ingram, he was starting to pickup his grove even with James in the lineup, prior to his last injury he was avg. nearly 29ppg on solid efficiency and was starting to understand how to play off ball better. I hope Pelicans can utilize him correctly, DO NOT let him be an ISO heavy player, he will turn into an Wiggins if that happens
Cal And Jay
Sophomore

Post#52 » by Cal And Jay » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:48 am

NoZoLakers wrote:
Cal And Jay wrote:Lonzo gonna have a great season if he can stay healthy. He's been Lakers best player past two seasons

not even remotely close, 40% from the field, sub 30's from 3's and 45% from FT line (this also affects his willingness to drive because he doesn't want to get fouled and go to the line), this is where advance metrics makes people misjudge players...the real prize is Ingram, he was starting to pickup his grove even with James in the lineup, prior to his last injury he was avg. nearly 29ppg on solid efficiency and was starting to understand how to play off ball better. I hope Pelicans can utilize him correctly, DO NOT let him be an ISO heavy player, he will turn into an Wiggins if that happens

Well having watched probably 60+ Lakers games on league pass past two years, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Zo but quite disappointed by Ingram if you think he has potential to be a 29ppg scorer. I think Ingram will eventually settle into a nice playmaker role off the bench by midseason due to his lack of three point range and fit with the starting lineup. He's a pretty good player but currently I don't think he's quite a starting small forward in the league. Not to mention the blood clot issues which could be a concern
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#53 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:45 am

Cal And Jay wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:

Well having watched probably 60+ Lakers games on league pass past two years, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Zo but quite disappointed by Ingram if you think he has potential to be a 29ppg scorer. I think Ingram will eventually settle into a nice playmaker role off the bench by midseason due to his lack of three point range and fit with the starting lineup. He's a pretty good player but currently I don't think he's quite a starting small forward in the league. Not to mention the blood clot issues which could be a concern

his blood clot is nothing like Bosh, people confuse this fact all the time n ingram shot better from 3s than Zo, fact that he can mgr to score at a high rate while maintaining good efficiency next to james says alot considering he more iso dominant player. Zo will never be star IMO, just a high end role player like Draymond IF things work out perfectly for him....im not a pelican fan nor a zo fan (laker fan), Ingram will be a star, non laker fans always like to trash our youth but look at dlo n randle right now, Ingram is better than both of them
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,545

Post#54 » by stan francisco » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:02 am

I never leave the Lakers board but came here to say congrats on getting Lonzo and Ingram. And Hart.

For those of you who like defense, Lonzo is imho the most entertaining future DPOY levels defender I’ve ever watched. He is a total bull terrier pest. He reads opposing offensive as well as he passes. He anticipates extremely well defensively and is very quick and long. When his career is one day over, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he will have changed how the next generation PG plays defense. His defensive potential is through the roof. His passing will blow your minds. Zion and Ingram running the flanks with Lonzo in the middle is a scary sight to see for defenses. Expect fast breaks in 3 seconds or less.

Ingram’s defense is also badass. His wingspan is incredible and his reach on defense keeps surprising NBA players. Extendo-Man. His offense is very efficient, he’s not a chucker, has handles good enough to be the starting point on most NBA teams. Ingram is and will be a unicorn as long as his thin frame holds up. Under rated defender.

Hart is a beast to be reckoned with, too. He’s no joke defensively either. Hart can and happily will, guard 1-4. He is strong as a horse.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#55 » by shakes0 » Tue Oct 8, 2019 6:25 pm

I thought Lonzo looked great last night. His new shooting form is very noticeable, loved seeing how excited he got when he hit his first 3. Passing was great as always and his defense is fantastic. Him at PG allows Jrue to move over to his more comfortable 2G spot where he also looked great last night.

Very excited for the season. As the biggest Lonzo supporter on the board (not an exaggerration) I am so fired up to see him get to run a good team like this.
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#56 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Cal And Jay wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:

you were saying?
Cal And Jay
Sophomore

Post#57 » by Cal And Jay » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:08 pm

NoZoLakers wrote:
Cal And Jay wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:not even remotely close, 40% from the field, sub 30's from 3's and 45% from FT line (this also affects his willingness to drive because he doesn't want to get fouled and go to the line), this is where advance metrics makes people misjudge players...the real prize is Ingram, he was starting to pickup his grove even with James in the lineup, prior to his last injury he was avg. nearly 29ppg on solid efficiency and was starting to understand how to play off ball better. I hope Pelicans can utilize him correctly, DO NOT let him be an ISO heavy player, he will turn into an Wiggins if that happens

you were saying?

He's had a nice first couple games, but none have translated to wins. We'll see if he can take that next step up to dominate the end of games. Haven't seen it yet. Still, promising start so far
NoZoLakers
General Manager

Post#58 » by NoZoLakers » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:16 pm

Cal And Jay wrote:
NoZoLakers wrote:
Cal And Jay wrote:Well having watched probably 60+ Lakers games on league pass past two years, I think you will be pleasantly surprised by Zo but quite disappointed by Ingram if you think he has potential to be a 29ppg scorer. I think Ingram will eventually settle into a nice playmaker role off the bench by midseason due to his lack of three point range and fit with the starting lineup. He's a pretty good player but currently I don't think he's quite a starting small forward in the league. Not to mention the blood clot issues which could be a concern

you were saying?

He's had a nice first couple games, but none have translated to wins. We'll see if he can take that next step up to dominate the end of games. Haven't seen it yet. Still, promising start so far

that was the issue in LA too, that shouldn't be on him, he's not the "star", Zion is and he suppose to be closing out games or Holiday since he's the actual highly paid all-star. Ingram, Hart and Zo are all doing their part

Return to New Orleans Pelicans