ImageImage

Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,657

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver 

Post#101 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:35 pm

Definitely not a guy you can play a substantial amount of minutes anymore IMO, and in that sense he's done, but he can still shoot. The gravity Giannis creates should provide plenty of open looks for him. Think he can be solid here for 10-15 minutes a night, and I'm not ready to write him off as a post season contributor like some, either. I can definitely think of times we could have used Korver against Toronto.
Big Dog Yank
Senior
And1: 767

Post#102 » by Big Dog Yank » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:55 pm

fan230 wrote:Who should we try for, for our last spot?

Apparently these are free agents are still available:

Jamal Crawford
Vince Carter
Thabo Sefolosha
Sean Kilpatrick Jr.
Shaun Livingston
Carmelo Anthony
Jonathon Simmons
Iman Shumpert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Jeremy Lin
Trey Burke
JR Smith
Kenneth Faried

Would love to see Livingston back.
"Ready to Die"
Shaffty
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,111

Post#103 » by Shaffty » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:02 pm

blazza18 wrote:
Shaffty wrote:ur not gonna findthem now lol

I mean we did last year.

Just Lopez and thats an outlier because we completely re-invented his value.

And all we heard all season was how he wasnt going to be able to play in the playoffs
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#104 » by soxperry » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:06 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Definitely not a guy you can play a substantial amount of minutes anymore IMO, and in that sense he's done, but he can still shoot. The gravity Giannis creates should provide plenty of open looks for him. Think he can be solid here for 10-15 minutes a night, and I'm not ready to write him off as a post season contributor like some, either. I can definitely think of times we could have used Korver against Toronto.

I've watched two of Korver's highlight videos from last season and one thing is immediately clear: At 38, he is still very capable of shooting on the move, and he has great footwork on the perimeter when he needs to side or back step to get his shot off. If we are strictly comparing his perimeter shooting game to Brogdon's, it's not even close. He is far more talented in terms of getting a good shot off in a variety of situations. He doesn't just need to be wide open after a Giannis drive. He will run around and come off a screen, and then fearlessly stop and pop with that small window he's got.

Granted, he's not going to drive the hoop like Brogdon and his defense obviously won't be as good. But i'm very confident in our 3 point shooting now. We sent away two guys (Snell, Brogdon) who were basically stand still shooters and replaced them (at vet minimum) with two guys who have a much more dynamic ability to get shots off. That's going to be key.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#105 » by Daver » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:09 pm

Happy korver chose the bucks over philly but also very surprised only because with phillys lack of outside shooting you would think korver would of had a much better chance of getting consistent minutes compared to the bucks
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#106 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:20 pm

Korver loves playing for Bud. I don't think anyone really enjoys playing for Brown.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by soxperry » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:20 pm

lol.. this is silly:

Kyle Korver - 3 point shooting 2018-19

Very Tight (0-2 feet) - 33.3% but the sample size was almost nill
Tight (2-4 feet) - 38.9%
Open (4-6 feet) - 39.6%
Wide Open (6+) - 42.2%

I was expecting to see his percentage heavily influenced by some crazy wide open percentage but this tells me that if he can get the shot off he's going to shoot a high percentage. This is great news!
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,546

Post#108 » by Frank Nova » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:35 pm

Daver wrote:Happy korver chose the bucks over philly but also very surprised only because with phillys lack of outside shooting you would think korver would of had a much better chance of getting consistent minutes compared to the bucks
He probably doesnt want consistent minutes. Hes 38yrs old and probably would like to be a situational shooter at this point in his career. 10/15mpg running around screens and spotting up around the perimeter is likely the best he has to offer. 20/25mpg playing meaningful minutes consistently for vet min salary sounds terrible for a dude in his twilight years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using RealGM mobile app
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#109 » by Daver » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:44 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
Daver wrote:Happy korver chose the bucks over philly but also very surprised only because with phillys lack of outside shooting you would think korver would of had a much better chance of getting consistent minutes compared to the bucks
He probably doesnt want consistent minutes. Hes 38yrs old and probably would like to be a situational shooter at this point in his career. 10/15mpg running around screens and spotting up around the perimeter is likely the best he has to offer. 20/25mpg playing meaningful minutes consistently for vet min salary sounds terrible for a dude in his twilight years.

Well your probably right no one knows what philly was offering but im assuming it was the vet min to cause if philly offered more he probably would of signed there
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by soxperry » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:50 pm

Daver wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

Well your probably right no one knows what philly was offering but im assuming it was the vet min to cause if philly offered more he probably would of signed there

The vast majority of teams are now over the cap, and i would expect any contending team is. Philly has to be. So there's no way they could have offered more.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#111 » by M-C-G » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Big Dog Yank wrote:

Jamal Crawford
Vince Carter
Thabo Sefolosha
Sean Kilpatrick Jr.
Shaun Livingston
Carmelo Anthony
Jonathon Simmons
Iman Shumpert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Jeremy Lin
Trey Burke
JR Smith
Kenneth Faried

I think Lin would be pretty solid and I used to really like Thabo, but I honestly don't know if I have seen him play in like 5 years. No idea if Vince Carter has ever won a championship, but something would feel great about giving him one. And Livingston would be fun too.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#112 » by emunney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:08 pm

soxperry wrote:
Daver wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:He probably doesnt want consistent minutes. Hes 38yrs old and probably would like to be a situational shooter at this point in his career. 10/15mpg running around screens and spotting up around the perimeter is likely the best he has to offer. 20/25mpg playing meaningful minutes consistently for vet min salary sounds terrible for a dude in his twilight years.

The vast majority of teams are now over the cap, and i would expect any contending team is. Philly has to be. So there's no way they could have offered more.

Only Atlanta is still under the cap, but not sure who has significant exceptions left. I know the 6ers don't. They used the room exception on Mike Scott. The don't have the BAE because they used cap space.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#113 » by skones » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:10 pm

soxperry wrote:lol.. this is silly:

Tight (2-4 feet) - 38.9%
Open (4-6 feet) - 39.6%
Wide Open (6+) - 42.2%

I was expecting to see his percentage heavily influenced by some crazy wide open percentage but this tells me that if he can get the shot off he's going to shoot a high percentage. This is great news!

It was a down year shooting for him.

From open/wideopen
17-18: 45.1 / 49.2
16-17: 41.7 / 55.5
15-16: 41.8 / 42.5
14-15: 50.6 / 52.0

Dude managed to hoist up 5.5 looks a contest with Utah in 20 minutes a night last year. Brogdon managed a career high 3.8 in 29 minutes last year. Between Korver and Matthews, we're getting more looks up on the wing from legitimate volume shooters. We're doubling down on Bud Ball.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#114 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:22 pm

skones wrote: Between Korver and Matthews, we're getting more looks up on the wing from legitimate volume shooters. We're doubling down on Bud Ball.

This is exciting stuff. They may not have much in the tank, but these two are legit heavy three point bombers. Not fake ones like Pat, Sterling, etc.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,108

Post#115 » by JimmyTheKid » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:56 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
skones wrote: Between Korver and Matthews, we're getting more looks up on the wing from legitimate volume shooters. We're doubling down on Bud Ball.

This is exciting stuff. They may not have much in the tank, but these two are legit heavy three point bombers. Not fake ones like Pat, Sterling, etc.

Let it fly. Let it fly. Let it m’fkin fly! As long as Giannis is here we’ll have the inside track on signing these ring chaser types. Guys want to play him. Fun time to be a Bucks fan.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#116 » by emunney » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:06 pm

soxperry wrote:lol.. this is silly:

Tight (2-4 feet) - 38.9%
Open (4-6 feet) - 39.6%
Wide Open (6+) - 42.2%

He's literally one of the best shooters ever. His offense will probably play until he's 45. Question is his defense, and we are the best scheme for in the league for him, but he still won't be able to chase forever. Recovery time is also an issue, so keep his minutes low and don't play him on back to backs. But if you think of this as a straight upgrade of Snell's minutes, I think that's a fair and reasonable expectation.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 945

Post#117 » by Lippo » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Big Dog Yank wrote:

Jamal Crawford
Vince Carter
Thabo Sefolosha
Sean Kilpatrick Jr.
Shaun Livingston
Carmelo Anthony
Jonathon Simmons
Iman Shumpert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Jeremy Lin
Trey Burke
JR Smith
Kenneth Faried

Faried, would be nice to have a banger ant the 3/4 to grief Embiid
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#118 » by JEIS » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:01 pm

Jamal Crawford
Vince Carter
Thabo Sefolosha
Sean Kilpatrick Jr.
Shaun Livingston
Carmelo Anthony
Jonathon Simmons
Iman Shumpert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Jeremy Lin
Trey Burke
JR Smith
Kenneth Faried

I think Bud could get some mileage out of Faried. He could get some boards, some easy buckets, and some high energy play... Seems a bit redundant with them having Giannis bro though.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#119 » by RiotPunch » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:27 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

I'd love to see a lineup of:

Hill
Matthews
Korver
Giannis
Lopez

To start the 3rd quarter and just bury teams. I'm fine with like 8-10 MPG from Korver with plenty of DNPCD's sprinkled in and a strict no B2B policy. I think Bud is going to use his whole bench often this season, could see starters' minutes go down even more, which would be great.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
randy84
RealGM
And1: 6,394

Post#120 » by randy84 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Big Dog Yank wrote:

Jamal Crawford
Vince Carter
Thabo Sefolosha
Sean Kilpatrick Jr.
Shaun Livingston
Carmelo Anthony
Jonathon Simmons
Iman Shumpert
Lance Stephenson
Dwight Howard
Jeremy Lin
Trey Burke
JR Smith
Kenneth Faried

I don't think Livingston has made a three pointer in the last 2 yrs.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks