2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1781 » by drone3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:05 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:
drone3 wrote:Last spot looks like it's going to JR...

What makes you say that?
1. JR is mates with Hill & Korver
2. We have a weakness at SG
3. He would fit perfectly into Buds system
4. Our coaching increases players value
5. He just came to Milwaukee to meet with the club
6. We are title contenders
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,567

Post#1782 » by TroyD92 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:12 am

4xBuck wrote:
drone3 wrote:I feel bad for Bonzie, he deserved a spot on the roster which we gifted Thanos. Hope he makes it onto another team.

No, he can't shoot... When you can't shoot, you don't deserve a roster spot around Giannis.

Thanasis should be the first one cut then
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#1783 » by Badgerlander » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:13 am

I would’ve kept Bonzie over Cam
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Garden Of Edens
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#1784 » by Garden Of Edens » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:23 am

AussieBuck wrote:
raferfenix wrote:How washed is Jamal Crawford?

If he can stay on the court long enough to hit a few quick 3’s we could use another guy like that in the backcourt.

He's terrible.

He still can score, especially when we played us hitting a game winner
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,169

Post#1785 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:35 am

I predict this team is gonna win some ballgames.
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,288

Post#1786 » by GoldenAntlers » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:49 am

IfJR signs with the Bucks it's going to be very entertaining to watch Giannis lead Hill, Korver, and Smith against the new LeBrons in the Finals.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,920

Post#1787 » by soxperry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:26 am

So if this is what it's going to be like every offseason, i'm really not as worried about Middleton's contract clogging things up. If and when a super star becomes available that would actually come here and Middleton's contract prevents it, that's a different story.. but right now things are looking pretty good.
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#1788 » by soxperry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 am

Just a random thought.. what is the rule on the TPE? Does it need to fit underneath the cap before you begin to sign all of your birds rights players (in essence, it being treated as a free agent from another team) and did we lose it because we just couldn't make that happen?

If that's the case, it seems like it would have been smarter to sign Robin Lopez with cap room, and sign George Hill with the MLE. That way we would have had 4-5mil left over in cap room.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#1789 » by drone3 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:43 am

Badgerlander wrote:I would’ve kept Bonzie over Cam
Cam is almost identical to Midds build. Seems like FO want Midds to mentor Cam into a potential backup SF of the future.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#1790 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 am

soxperry wrote:Just a random thought.. what is the rule on the TPE? Does it need to fit underneath the cap before you begin to sign all of your birds rights players (in essence, it being treated as a free agent from another team) and did we lose it because we just couldn't make that happen?

If that's the case, it seems like it would have been smarter to sign Robin Lopez with cap room, and sign George Hill with the MLE. That way we would have had 4-5mil left over in cap room.

The TPE can only be generated if you don't have cap room. So we would have had to use our cap room first then do the sign and trade. The problem was that we didn't have room for Brogdon's cap hold to resign Lopez and Hill with our cap space, so the sign and trade came before both signings were complete, and we created a TPE which we then had to renounce in order to use our cap space to sign them.

Had we had enough cap space to sign them both (we were around 700k short by the popular estimates), we could have signed them first, then done the sign and trade to create the TPE.

Your plan doesn't work because when you use cap room, you don't get the full MLE. You get the room MLE, which is the 4.8ish RoLo got, and not enough to pay Hill.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#1791 » by soxperry » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:14 am

emunney wrote:
soxperry wrote:Just a random thought.. what is the rule on the TPE? Does it need to fit underneath the cap before you begin to sign all of your birds rights players (in essence, it being treated as a free agent from another team) and did we lose it because we just couldn't make that happen?

The TPE can only be generated if you don't have cap room. So we would have had to use our cap room first then do the sign and trade. The problem was that we didn't have room for Brogdon's cap hold to resign Lopez and Hill with our cap space, so the sign and trade came before both signings were complete, and we created a TPE which we then had to renounce in order to use our cap space to sign them.

Had we had enough cap space to sign them both (we were around 700k short by the popular estimates), we could have signed them first, then done the sign and trade to create the TPE.

Your plan doesn't work because when you use cap room, you don't get the full MLE. You get the room MLE, which is the 4.8ish RoLo got, and not enough to pay Hill.

okay, thanks for taking the time on that. makes sense now. i can't help but feel like a more experienced GM would have found a way to move the money around, but we got what we got now.
4xBuck
Sixth Man
And1: 569

Post#1792 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:23 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:
drone3 wrote:I feel bad for Bonzie, he deserved a spot on the roster which we gifted Thanos. Hope he makes it onto another team.

No, he can't shoot... When you can't shoot, you don't deserve a roster spot around Giannis.

We gave 80 million to one last season and used our only exception on one this season :dontknow:.

Exactly, that's too many already.

Just curious, who'd the Bucks give $80M to? I don't recall that at all.
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#1793 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:25 am

TroyD92 wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

Thanasis should be the first one cut then

Maybe, he certainly doesn't "deserve" the roster spot.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#1794 » by Baddy Chuck » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:40 am

4xBuck wrote:
Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

We gave 80 million to one last season and used our only exception on one this season :dontknow:.

Lol you know exactly who I'm talking about despite the number being off, cute though.

At some point the "can't add him, not a Bud guy, doesn't work with Giannis" stuff needs to stop, especially when we keep adding those guys. All about selecting the right guys in the right spots but of course you can add guys who "can't shoot" to this team. And they're doing that.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
4xBuck
Sixth Man

Post#1795 » by 4xBuck » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:58 am

Baddy Chuck wrote:
4xBuck wrote:

Lol you know exactly who I'm talking about despite the number being off, cute though.

At some point the "can't add him, not a Bud guy, doesn't work with Giannis" stuff needs to stop, especially when we keep adding those guys. All about selecting the right guys in the right spots but of course you can add guys who "can't shoot" to this team. And they're doing that.

If you're talking about Bledsoe's 3ry $50.5M contract with a team option for a 4th year at $19.4M, no I didn't think of that when you mentioned an $80M deal.

I have no idea what your rant about Bud's system has to do with my take that Colson doesn't "deserve" a roster spot because he can't shoot well enough to put him with Giannis.

That's all.
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,499

Post#1796 » by ShootingtheJ » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:20 pm

Badgerlander wrote:I would’ve kept Bonzie over Cam

I was intrigued by Bonzi, but Cam was significantly better at the G League level last year.
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#1797 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:21 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:IfJR signs with the Bucks it's going to be very entertaining to watch Giannis lead Hill, Korver, and Smith against the new LeBrons in the Finals.

Both teams have to make it first. *But we're guaranteed two regular season meetings.

Personally Brook's narrative & Jason "locked up Gianni's shot" Kidd top any of that. I hope they both, especially Giannis, rain Lake Michigan on LAL everytime we meet them. Kidd & LeBron beat by flurries of 3s, sprinkled with the highest percentage paint packer would be a pleasure. Bud Ball > this anti-analytics duo. Give em the mid-range too but rain those treys all day.

But imagine everyone enjoys playing more with him than LeBron & it fuels Bron's jealousy of Giannis.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
theFireBlanket
RealGM
And1: 3,800

Post#1798 » by theFireBlanket » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:18 pm

November 29, 2016:
Dave McMenamin wrote:Yet privately, after the Bucks beat the pants off the Cavs 118-101 on Nov. 29, James was less than impressed with how Parker and Antetokounmpo clearly played at a higher level against the Cavs than they normally do. That made James wonder why Parker and Antetokounmpo don’t make that level of play their standard and become true professionals.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Chris Mannix wrote: "I had confidence, but I wasn’t comfortable,” Antetokounmpo said. “I had Jason Kidd [coaching me] in the past. My second year, he told me not to shoot the ball. My third year, at the end he told me to shoot a little bit. In my fourth year he let me shoot it and in my fifth year he told me I had the green light. But I wasn’t comfortable enough.

“It’s hard. When you are not shooting the ball, it’s hard to get it back. Mike Bud came to the team, he said, ‘I need you to shoot the ball.’ He said, ‘I don’t care if you miss it, make it, hit the backboard, shoot the ball.’ It’s weird. But that’s extra motivation. I want to work hard on my three and that’s going to make me a better player a year from now, two years from now. When I’m able to do what I do, get to the paint, get to the free-throw line and then shoot the open three, it’s going to make me a better player.”

Hell yes to them at some point adding buddy Carmelo. That dude was a dick to Giannis. More fuel.
DukeH wrote:Plenty, RealGM Bucks Board is the Golden Dawn of forums.

f=21 runs better with Diesel, #FreeChuckDiesel
Bucks4Milwaukee
Pro Prospect
And1: 192

Post#1799 » by Bucks4Milwaukee » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:23 pm

Our team today on paper is better than our team that lost in the ECF. Our main competitor for going to the Finals in the East is Philly and they arguably will be worse as they have lost shooting.

So we’re going to the Finals.

Is there a team in the West that is better than us? I don’t think so. We’re winning it all this year boys! Can’t wait for the ride! Should of been talking about two in a row, but I’ll take the championship regardless!
Bucks fan since day one. Go Bucks!

Newz wrote:
Bucks4Milwaukee wrote:Glad youre not in the front office. We will be contending next year if all stay healthy.

:rofl:
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Post#1800 » by chonestown » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
DrWood wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Wonder if we can get Bonzi in on a training camp deal to compete for a spot. Think he’s gonna have a long pro career.

In which foreign league?

That’s why I said “pro” and not “NBA.” If he’s not a 12-17th roster guy I could see him succeeding at the highest levels of European ball, earning a ton of money in the process. Think he has the game and demeanor to flourish over there.

Yeah, I like him a lot. He's made big strides with his body and he has enough different aspects to like. Biology failed the dude, though. Plausible enough narrative would have him go overseas and grind for awhile, continue to grow his game and re-enter the NBA in his later 20s. I think there's a legit back-end guy there and if he can boost his defense, become rotational. I'm hopeful for the dude.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)

Return to Milwaukee Bucks