ImageImageImageImageImage

Can we all finally cut Vlade a bit of a break here?

Moderators: codydaze, KF10, City of Trees

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,001

Can we all finally cut Vlade a bit of a break here? 

Post#1 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:03 pm

I mean seriously.

We all have always known that it takes a certain amount of overpay to get us free agents.

If you take that into account and look at what has been done not only in the past 24 hours, but also the past two years, you have to really admire how this has all developed and come together.

Also keep in kind that while some overpays have happened, most all of the deals include a final year cheap out which also makes them easily tradeable.

On top of that, while it’s subtle and not absolutely the case, don’t think for a second that at least three of these guys may have been pursued by the Lakers for the very little money they have available. By offering them more money, you keep that team from being able to pick up anyone decent for cheap and keep them (and other capped out contenders) from being able to solve their depth issues.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: Can we all finally cut Vlade a bit of a break here? 

Post#2 » by sacking123 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:51 pm

Absolutely agree. I think some of the overpay is to get the signatures straight away. Give them more money, but they have to commit early in FA.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 15,845

Post#3 » by dckingsfan » Mon Jul 1, 2019 8:55 pm

F yeah... unbelievable back to back off-seasons.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#4 » by HEKTOR » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:12 pm

Vlade is doing a good job, people just needed to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day...
bleeds_purple
Analyst
And1: 1,809

Post#5 » by bleeds_purple » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:33 pm

If in March 2017 you told any Kings' fan this is what the roster would look like in two years, they would not only not be criticizing Vlade but instead calling for a statute to be built in his honor outside of Golden One.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#6 » by blind prophet » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:45 pm

Not for the draft still gets an F from me.

Would of preferred us trying to trade back and at least getting a future second, I'd say trade the 40 to the Knicks for a future and a swap right would of been about right. But we got cash.

Think James would of been there at 47.

As far as FA goes I'm very happy.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,431

Post#7 » by codydaze » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:00 pm

Everyone on RealGM: Kings need to overpay to bring free agents in to Sacramento!

*Kings overpay to bring free agents in to Sacramento*

Everyone on RealGM:

OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:02 pm

codydaze wrote:Everyone on RealGM: Kings need to overpay to bring free agents in to Sacramento!

Everyone on RealGM:

Yep.

I just pretty much ignore them.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#9 » by HEKTOR » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:09 pm

Kings roster more or less set now?
enderwilson
Pro Prospect
And1: 152

Post#10 » by enderwilson » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:05 pm

HEKTOR wrote:Kings roster more or less set now?

Good question. The roster sure does looks set.

However, if there's money available I don't think you rest on your laurels and call it a day. There's always the possibility that talent in the FA pool isn't harvested. If there's an opportunity to address depth or a possible hole before it develops, then you try to be ready for it. Good management should always be ready to capitalize on an opportunity.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#11 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:06 am

It's been solid overall.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#12 » by donkeylips » Tue Jul 2, 2019 1:29 am

the contracts are an overpay but none were crippling and longer than they should have been, but i can't complain cause he was able to fill every need: back pg, starting sf, backup sf, a center that fits well with bagley and giles
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#13 » by City of Trees » Tue Jul 2, 2019 2:02 am

codydaze wrote:Everyone on RealGM: Kings need to overpay to bring free agents in to Sacramento!

Everyone on RealGM:

So much this.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#14 » by BigRedDog » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:10 pm

HEKTOR wrote:Vlade is doing a good job, people just needed to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day...

When you say Rome wasn't built in a day what exactly are you implying? Like which stage do you think the Kings are in? Do you mean we're entering the Roman Republic Era? Or perhaps the Roman Imperial Era? Please tell me you don't mean Byzantine Empire Era when they got sacked by the Ottoman Turks in the Battle of Constantinople in 1453.

Picking Bagley over Doncic not only ruined the Kings chance to succeed around a group of young'uns but then the error compounded itself by chasing off WCS who was a far better player than Bagley will ever likely be. On top of that Vlade compounded that massive error by inking Hairy Beans to a long-term deal out of nowhere.

Ultimately, this team just feels closer to its ceiling now than a team that has any room to really grow.

Fox, Bogey, Hield, Donkey, WCS with Green Jelly off the bench had some potential... now this team seems to have taken a step back this offseason. Dedmon can play, but is he really the guy you want to pair with Fox/Bogey?

That Bagley pick is gonna haunt the kings for years. He did nothing at Duke he was an obvious bust from the get go... i say they need to move him while he still has trade value based on his fantasy stats.

The kings are a favorite late night team of mine i get so pumped when they ring that cowbell... but im just so disappointed in their decisions here lately
nolimit0820
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#15 » by nolimit0820 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 am

Out of curiosity...How many Kings games did you watch in full last year?
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#16 » by kalenclayton » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:38 am

nolimit0820 wrote:Out of curiosity...How many Kings games did you watch in full last year?

Likely not many.
BigRedDog
Junior

Post#17 » by BigRedDog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:19 am

nolimit0820 wrote:Out of curiosity...How many Kings games did you watch in full last year?

I'm a grifter.. i move across the country from the East Coast to the WEst coast each night wathcing games... so i dont always catch the full kings game... i watched their full 2nd half a ton of times... and plenty of kings games start as other games are ending.. i love that cowbell montage and they were one of the better teams to bet on last year with their pace so i end up watching them a lot honestly

I felt like they were onto something last year but that Bagley is really holding them back. Guy just has zero court awareness. Doncic would make this such a potent team offensively... having him paired with Bogey would just give you so much playmaking on the wings...

Illl give Bagley one more year to figure out which planet he's on but ive been thoroughly unimpressed with him at Duke and in Sacramento. Love him in fantasy basketball though.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,760

Post#18 » by BoogieTime » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:10 pm

BigRedDog wrote:

I'm a grifter.. i move across the country from the East Coast to the WEst coast each night wathcing games... so i dont always catch the full kings game... i watched their full 2nd half a ton of times... and plenty of kings games start as other games are ending.. i love that cowbell montage and they were one of the better teams to bet on last year with their pace so i end up watching them a lot honestly

I felt like they were onto something last year but that Bagley is really holding them back. Guy just has zero court awareness. Doncic would make this such a potent team offensively... having him paired with Bogey would just give you so much playmaking on the wings...

Illl give Bagley one more year to figure out which planet he's on but ive been thoroughly unimpressed with him at Duke and in Sacramento. Love him in fantasy basketball though.

Hornets? I could go to that forum and really spew some negativity like you here

There isn’t much wrong with Bagley’s trajectory so far, and you lost credibility with the WCS nonsense. If you view any Kings forum Barnes certainly wasn’t signed out of nowhere

Bagley was thoroughly impressive at Duke, and showed a lot of potential for 19-20. His motor is incredible too. Whether or not he was the pick is another matter
BigRedDog
Junior

Post#19 » by BigRedDog » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

There isn’t much wrong with Bagley’s trajectory so far, and you lost credibility with the WCS nonsense. If you view any Kings forum Barnes certainly wasn’t signed out of nowhere

Bagley was thoroughly impressive at Duke, and showed a lot of potential for 19-20. His motor is incredible too. Whether or not he was the pick is another matter

SOrry i didnt mean to be so negative. I like the kings. I just loathe Vlade. No idea how the guy is still employed. Just makes a lot of mistakes and i think he's hamstrung a team that had a lot of potential with this series of moves.
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by OGSactownballer » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:37 am

BigRedDog wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

SOrry i didnt mean to be so negative. I like the kings. I just loathe Vlade. No idea how the guy is still employed. Just makes a lot of mistakes and i think he's hamstrung a team that had a lot of potential with this series of moves.

Troll much?

Return to Sacramento Kings