ImageImage

Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Re: Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver 

Post#161 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:49 pm

not gonna weigh in on this except to say dunking is a very small input on athleticism if that's the only argument. and if we were going to use that as a sole criteria id say ray was maybe a 6 out of 10 by nba standards.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#162 » by Nowak008 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:26 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Read on Twitter

*cap restriction mandated by the owners.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Ruben Quevedo
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#163 » by Ruben Quevedo » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:42 pm

Nowak008 wrote:
HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Read on Twitter

*cap restriction mandated by the owners.

I doubt Matthews signs if Brogdon is still here. Playing time I'm sure was a big factor. But for the others, you are correct.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Woj: Bucks Sign Kyle Korver 

Post#164 » by M-C-G » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:02 pm

If we are going to talk about Ray Allen, I feel the need to say George Karl letting Tim Thomas just be a jump shooter was one of the biggest waste of physical natural talent in the history of the game. TimTom could and should have been so much more. If he had a Giannis like team mate I think he would have
His number hanging from the rafters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#165 » by Siefer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:04 pm

If I was confident the decision to let Brogdon go was a player evaluation/team building decision, I'd be a lot more comfortable with the move. Just judging the result, I think Hill/Matthews and the picks is very close to Brogdon in value (both next year, and for the future). I was actually pretty into it before we found out there'd be no TPE. What I can't shake, though, is the collection of evidence that the luxury tax heavily factored in the decision. Good teams almost always have good management processes, and letting a non-basketball concern dictate the product on the court is a bad process if your goal is winning a championship.
Diggr14
Analyst
And1: 1,148

Post#166 » by Diggr14 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:15 pm

M-C-G wrote:If we are going to talk about Ray Allen, I feel the need I say George Karl letting Tim Thomas just be a jump shooter was one of the biggest waste of physical natural talent in the history of the game. TimTom could and should have been so much more. If he had a Giannis like team mate I think he would have

Weed Addiction actually kills a great many of NBA careers. He had all the potential, made millions, but yeah if we are talking about having a number retired, he missed out on that on his own accord.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with weed, but like booze ect. A lot of people shirk their dedication to their trade because of it and get lazy. Happens in all sectors.

I also pulled this little nugget of history out to make you guys laugh and cringe for all former AAU players here.
1. 1994 New Jersey Patterson AAU - Kobe Bryant - NBA. Vince Carter - North Carolina, NBA. Tim Thomas - Villanova, NBA. Rip Hamilton - Uconn, NBA. Kevin Freeman - Uconn.
Considered by many the great AAU team ever assembled. They won 2 AAU national championships as stated by Kevin Freeman. While a lot of legend and myth surrounds this team there is more than enough personal account to believe in its existence. Rumor has it that Kobe Bryant played point with Hamilton & Carter at the off guards. The team also featured man amongst boys in high school Tim Thomas.
Khris Middleton - Beating up on Trash Can Teams since 1943. Invisible Man status otherwise.
DanoMac
General Manager
And1: 3,729

Post#167 » by DanoMac » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:23 pm

Diggr14 wrote:
M-C-G wrote:If we are going to talk about Ray Allen, I feel the need I say George Karl letting Tim Thomas just be a jump shooter was one of the biggest waste of physical natural talent in the history of the game. TimTom could and should have been so much more. If he had a Giannis like team mate I think he would have

Weed Addiction actually kills a great many of NBA careers. He had all the potential, made millions, but yeah if we are talking about having a number retired, he missed out on that on his own accord.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with weed, but like booze ect. A lot of people shirk their dedication to their trade because of it and get lazy. Happens in all sectors.

I also pulled this little nugget of history out to make you guys laugh and cringe for all former AAU players here.
1. 1994 New Jersey Patterson AAU - Kobe Bryant - NBA. Vince Carter - North Carolina, NBA. Tim Thomas - Villanova, NBA. Rip Hamilton - Uconn, NBA. Kevin Freeman - Uconn.
Considered by many the great AAU team ever assembled. They won 2 AAU national championships as stated by Kevin Freeman. While a lot of legend and myth surrounds this team there is more than enough personal account to believe in its existence. Rumor has it that Kobe Bryant played point with Hamilton & Carter at the off guards. The team also featured man amongst boys in high school Tim Thomas.

There's a lot more to Tim Thomas' derailment, or any players, than just weed, c'mon now. Alcohol abuse way more than weed.

Dude had a stripper pole in his Lake Drive home. He was an immature dude. That's him. Not weed.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#168 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 pm

TT just didn't have enough of a floor game to be a great player. He was a pretty solid 3 and D forward for a long time, though. Kind of underappreciated in his time because of what people thought he could have been and what Dirk was, but Dirk could *always* put the ball down and make something happen, and TT never could.

People talk about TT around here like he washed out of the league rather than playing 20,000 minutes and even starting (and playing very well!) on a WCF team.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#169 » by worthlessBucks » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:46 pm

Not really following that closely so I'm out of the loop, but what is the situation with Smith then.
Go Bucks!
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#170 » by emunney » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:04 pm

From my perspective it seems like the Brogdon decision was about money, but among many other factors (Brogdon wanting a bigger role, the opportunity to replenish some draft picks, Brogdon's medicals, belief in other players we have, belief in players we could potentially recruit with the MLE next summer, etc.). Horst has said that this is about building something for the long term and I think that speaks directly to people [like me] who are concerned about the tendency of NBA windows to slam shut violently and unexpectedly (hi Ws), but I also down in my soul agree with this big picture way of looking at things.

I think it's good, ultimately, to take Giannis for his word that he will stay as long as we do things the right way, and respect that he's smart enough to see that means we're not going to be able to keep everybody we'd want to keep irrespective of all ancillary considerations. Whether this particular case is the right decision or not remains to be seen. I had a dream (****) that Brogdon went for 32 and 8 in his first game for Indiana and I was just sick.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#171 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 pm

Even in college, TT played more like a 6-6 guy who was in love with his jumper than the 6-10 freak that he was. There really wasn't much to his game at any point. He was basically the same player his entire career.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,823

Post#172 » by worthlessBucks » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:44 pm

Weinhauer stole TT, some great transactions that day. Praise be to Weinhauer.
Go Bucks!
BMatt07
Starter
And1: 2,138

Post#173 » by BMatt07 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:46 pm

Korver signing paying dividends already.. that jumper looks better, actually.

Read on Twitter
bizarro
RealGM
And1: 7,290

Post#174 » by bizarro » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:06 pm

BMatt07 wrote:Korver signing paying dividends already.. that jumper looks better, actually.

Read on Twitter

:o

:D

:droop:
Finn
Starter
And1: 2,254

Post#175 » by Finn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:13 pm

Isn't that video the same one that was posted a few days ago?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 20,221

Post#176 » by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:26 pm

Finn wrote:Isn't that video the same one that was posted a few days ago?

Yes
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#177 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:17 am

So very nice to see Giannis' natural stroke being used as the base for his improved form rather than that garbage Sweeney did. Hopefully the last of the muscle memory from that garbage is gone this season.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,726

Post#178 » by Ayt » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:39 am

AussieBuck wrote:So very nice to see Giannis' natural stroke being used as the base for his improved form rather than that garbage Sweeney did. Hopefully the last of the muscle memory from that garbage is gone this season.

It is amazing to look at how much different his stroke was as a rookie compared to when Kidd and his collection of dipshits took over. During his rookie year, he looked like a guy with solid form that just needed reps. He looked very comfortable shooting from what was a new range for him and ended up hitting 35% of his shots. Fast forward only one year, and they ruined both his form and his confidence. He made only 7 three-pointers all year his first year under Kidd and shot only 16%.

It is too bad the new ownership group didn't know what they were doing and initially trusted an idiot like Kidd. Giannis won an MVP at 24 but was actually held back by idiotic coaches for most of his young career. It wouldn't be surprising if he took another major jump forward even though he won the MVP simply because he actually has good coaches now.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,790

Post#179 » by VooDoo7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:55 am

If Korver can magically turn Giannis into a competent shooter, that's amazing. But it'll also makes me question some of our coaching staff.
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#180 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:17 am

VooDoo7 wrote:If Korver can magically turn Giannis into a competent shooter, that's amazing. But it'll also makes me question some of our coaching staff.

Everybody comes at problems from different angles. It wouldn’t surprise me if one of the top 10 pure shooters in the history of the NBA might notice a couple of things a coach didn’t. Sometimes an additional set of eyes can make a big difference, especially if those eyes are in Kyle Korver’s head.

Also, his form still looks really slow in this video because his arms are so long and he pulls the ball back all the way to his forehead. I’d love to see him take the ball right from his hip, straight up, and then towards the hoop. No more pulling the ball back to your forehead like a catapult.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks