ImageImageImage

Stefanski did one helluva job so far !!!

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Re: Stefanski did one helluva job so far !!! 

Post#81 » by The_Irony » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:20 pm

CubicalLake7 wrote:I have been non-MI Detroit Pistons fan since I was 14 years old (LA Pistons fan). I root for the Pistons logo on the jersey. If the Pistons moved out of MI I would remain a Pistons fans. I can care less if they are in MI, the Palace or LCA. They can be in Seattle for all I care.

I was a LA Rams fan long before Georgia Frontierre murdered the real owner of the Rams. She proceeded to tank that team forcing a move to St. Louis. I was at the first game in Busch Stadium and watched my Rams win a SB from half a country away. I shed tears of joy when Kroenke moved them home to my back yard.

I am a Pistons fan, not a fan of Det or Michigan. If the Pistons could field a more successful team in a larger market with better fan support I will be rooting regardless. If your affinity to a team has to do the City or venue you are going it wrong in my opinion.

sorry to break it to you but most fans are fans of teams where they grew up or whomever their families grew up liking. not caring about a team leaving a city just because you don't care about it is shortsighted. you think people in Seattle should have been thunder fans? ridiculous take.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#82 » by zeebneeb » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:30 pm

The_Irony wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:For a team that's near the bottom in attendance the moves so far have been great if your angeling to get the team moved for sure.

Nothing moves the needle more then drafting a player that by reports has him not contributing for at least two years, passing on big names in trades, and Rose and Snell. I mean I look forward to this team rocketing to below average for at least another few years.

The Seattle Pistons?

For my money the Pistons have the worst owner in the NBA, a directionless front office and apathetic fans that dont really care. I'm glad they went out and got Blake Griffin though. Pairing him with such a stellar cast has been amazing.

of course you would suggest the Pistons move since I don't believe you're from Michigan..could be wrong though. no Detroiter would ever suggest the team moves to Seattle

lastly before anyone whines about how bad the pistons have been. try being a hornets fan by far the worst franchise the last 20 years
Of course I'm from Michigan. Lived here my entire life. You've been on this board close to as long as I have man!

My stomping grounds are highland, ann arbor, flint, detroit area.

I'm not suggesting moving the team, it was a more, "how long can the team be like this before its moved" tongue in cheek deal.

I'm frustrated at the teams seemingly pointless direction with no end in sight and throw in the different factions here on the board hoping for something and it's just turned me off completely.

Destruct this turd or try and polish it. Standing pat is infuriating.

Edit* you've been on this board a year longer then me! Two long timers here. Wow the time has passed quickly.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#83 » by Manocad » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:43 pm

CubicalLake7 wrote:I have been non-MI Detroit Pistons fan since I was 14 years old (LA Pistons fan). I root for the Pistons logo on the jersey. If the Pistons moved out of MI I would remain a Pistons fans. I can care less if they are in MI, the Palace or LCA. They can be in Seattle for all I care.

I was a LA Rams fan long before Georgia Frontierre murdered the real owner of the Rams. She proceeded to tank that team forcing a move to St. Louis. I was at the first game in Busch Stadium and watched my Rams win a SB from half a country away. I shed tears of joy when Kroenke moved them home to my back yard.

I am a Pistons fan, not a fan of Det or Michigan. If the Pistons could field a more successful team in a larger market with better fan support I will be rooting regardless. If your affinity to a team has to do the City or venue you are going it wrong in my opinion.

And yet you shed tears of joy when the Rams moved back your city. Doesn't sound like the city the team is playing in is completely disregarded relative to your emotional connection to the team.

For most people, the sports teams are part of the community so when a team leaves that community most of the fans don't feel a connection to it any longer. Whether or not you feel that's being a real fan is moot; that's just the way it generally is.

The Pistons aren't moving from Detroit. While it's not the #4 city in the US behind NYC, LA, and Chicago anymore, it's still what I'll call a keystone sports city. The Pistons had a five year string of consecutive sellouts at the Palace that ended in 2009. A team doesn't move because of a handful of years of crappy attendance, and you can bet your ass that if the Pistons start winning 50 games and being competitive into the second round of the playoffs, LCA is going to start having a lot better attendance numbers. It may not sell out all the time, but I'd speculate that that would have as much to do with the cost of attending an NBA game as anything else.

This is not a case of the people of Michigan not caring about their NBA team anymore. It's a case of it costing too much to watch bad basketball at the arena when you can just watch it at home. And that doesn't get a team moved.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#84 » by The_Irony » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:34 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
The_Irony wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:For a team that's near the bottom in attendance the moves so far have been great if your angeling to get the team moved for sure.

Nothing moves the needle more then drafting a player that by reports has him not contributing for at least two years, passing on big names in trades, and Rose and Snell. I mean I look forward to this team rocketing to below average for at least another few years.

The Seattle Pistons?

For my money the Pistons have the worst owner in the NBA, a directionless front office and apathetic fans that dont really care. I'm glad they went out and got Blake Griffin though. Pairing him with such a stellar cast has been amazing.

of course you would suggest the Pistons move since I don't believe you're from Michigan..could be wrong though. no Detroiter would ever suggest the team moves to Seattle

lastly before anyone whines about how bad the pistons have been. try being a hornets fan by far the worst franchise the last 20 years
Of course I'm from Michigan. Lived here my entire life. You've been on this board close to as long as I have man!

I'm not suggesting moving the team, it was a more, "how long can the team be like this before its moved" tongue in cheek deal.

I'm frustrated at the teams seemingly pointless direction with no end in sight and throw in the different factions here on the board hoping for something and it's just turned me off completely.

Edit* you've been on this board a year longer then me! Two long timers here. Wow the time has passed quickly.

I get you and pharoah confused for some reason and I think he was in Australia when we were contending for chips..my fault.

I get what you're saying but I would leave that kind of talk for the Lions. a team that has done literally nothing but is still the #1 topic on sports radio. I don't even like bringing up that kind of energy cause although we have titles and history, the combination of having the lowest attendance and making playoffs 2 out of the last 10/11 years could call for a brash move like that. I could almost bet anyone that no one in Seattle saw their team move and their situation wasn't far from ours . they made the finals roughly 13 years after they moved.

we as fans are somewhat lucky Karen Davidson didn't sell to someone that wasn't from the state of Michigan with no ties. the way the team has been since 09, a relocation would be a high possibility.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#85 » by Manocad » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:51 am

The_Irony wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:
The_Irony wrote:

I get you and pharoah confused for some reason and I think he was in Australia when we were contending for chips..my fault.

I get what you're saying but I would leave that kind of talk for the Lions. a team that has done literally nothing but is still the #1 topic on sports radio. I don't even like bringing up that kind of energy cause although we have titles and history, the combination of having the lowest attendance and making playoffs 2 out of the last 10/11 years could call for a brash move like that. I could almost bet anyone that no one in Seattle saw their team move and their situation wasn't far from ours . they made the finals roughly 13 years after they moved.

we as fans are somewhat lucky Karen Davidson didn't sell to someone that wasn't from the state of Michigan with no ties. the way the team has been since 09, a relocation would be a high possibility.

The Pistons' situation is nothing like the Seattle Supersonics' situation and the only people who didn't see that relocation coming were living under rocks. Team ownership wanted Seattle to pony up for a new arena, the city told the team ownership to pound sand, Seattle is a small market that never had much interest in the Sonics, and the team was sold to a group that relocated it to OKC. Relocation of the Pistons is not only not a "high possibility," it's not even close to one.

Anyone who thinks the Pistons are close to leaving Detroit needs to read up on the history of NBA teams that have changed cities and the process by which an NBA team is relocated. "The team has had a crappy run, let's move them" has never happened.

Return to Detroit Pistons