Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1841 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm

drosestruts wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
bad knees wrote:Atlanta just waived Jaylen Adams, so Trae Young is the only PG on their roster. They are looking to sign a PG but the pickings are slim. And they have 5 SFs on their roster, including Hunter and Reddish. Is there a trade possible? Only possible player that would work for the Bulls is SF DeAndre Bembry. He is an expiring contract (end of rookie contract) at $2.6 M this year. He doesn't shoot 3's very well, but he is great at defense and can get to the rim. If we traded Dunn for Bembry, we would clear up $2.7 M in cap space to sign the UniKornet. Possible deal?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-release-jaylen-adams/puxKp0cECt6st4ODEd2xzJ/

I think the Bulls would like to do better, but this may be the best they can do. I agree that Miami with Waiters is another possible angle, especially as the Heat negotiate to get Paul and/or Beal.

I saw maybe 3 or 4 ATL games this season, and Bembry certainly didn't stick out, has someone seen something that I haven't?

Dunn & Felicio for Crabbe works. Bulls take on more money this season and get much-needed wing depth that is expiring. Atlanta saves money this season, gets a backup point guard plus a year look at Dunn in their system. Felicio is just contract filler.

I can only say this: when i watched him, Crabbe actually was noticeable, so there's that.
petebraun0
Senior
And1: 210

Post#1842 » by petebraun0 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:54 pm

bad knees wrote:Atlanta just waived Jaylen Adams, so Trae Young is the only PG on their roster. They are looking to sign a PG but the pickings are slim. And they have 5 SFs on their roster, including Hunter and Reddish. Is there a trade possible? Only possible player that would work for the Bulls is SF DeAndre Bembry. He is an expiring contract (end of rookie contract) at $2.6 M this year. He doesn't shoot 3's very well, but he is great at defense and can get to the rim. If we traded Dunn for Bembry, we would clear up $2.7 M in cap space to sign the UniKornet. Possible deal?

https://www.ajc.com/sports/basketball/hawks-release-jaylen-adams/puxKp0cECt6st4ODEd2xzJ/

I think the Bulls would like to do better, but this may be the best they can do. I agree that Miami with Waiters is another possible angle, especially as the Heat negotiate to get Paul and/or Beal.

we really do seem to want to trade Dunn. Would love to know who we get and at what position. how about Dunn to the Knicks for Nitkilina??. Both could use a change of scenery. Or how about Dunn and two second round picks and cash for Dennis Smith Jr.? Trade kind of favors us, but maybe NY would like some cash. Or how about Dunn and Hutchison and a second for Reddish. All right, I'm not as realistic in my trades as I should be. I always want us to win the trade.
Am2626
Analyst
And1: 1,005

Post#1843 » by Am2626 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:17 pm

petebraun0 wrote:

we really do seem to want to trade Dunn. Would love to know who we get and at what position. how about Dunn to the Knicks for Nitkilina??. Both could use a change of scenery. Or how about Dunn and two second round picks and cash for Dennis Smith Jr.? Trade kind of favors us, but maybe NY would like some cash. Or how about Dunn and Hutchison and a second for Reddish. All right, I'm not as realistic in my trades as I should be. I always want us to win the trade.

If Dunn gets traded I want it to be for someone like him that has not lived up to their expectations. Getting a high upside talent at another position would be good. Probably a wing would be best.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#1844 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:06 am

Am2626 wrote:
petebraun0 wrote:

If Dunn gets traded I want it to be for someone like him that has not lived up to their expectations. Getting a high upside talent at another position would be good. Probably a wing would be best.

Yeah Reddish is absolutely not happening. It’s going to be Holiday likely and that is just so weak sauce. I don’t live in a fantasy land where I believe Dunn has any value and that the FO is failing but goodness I’d rather keep Dunn than go for Holiday again. Granted he is more of need and he may look better with this new squad but he still is icky.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1845 » by sco » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:44 pm

OK, I'm not a big fan of trading for Griffin, but saw this and scratched my head a little.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2019/07/19/blake-griffin-trade-rumors-3-chicago-bulls-deals/4/
:clap:
hardboiledben
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1846 » by hardboiledben » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:44 pm

sco wrote:OK, I'm not a big fan of trading for Griffin, but saw this and scratched my head a little.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2019/07/19/blake-griffin-trade-rumors-3-chicago-bulls-deals/4/

Oh God no
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,630

Post#1847 » by Dez » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:28 am

sco wrote:OK, I'm not a big fan of trading for Griffin, but saw this and scratched my head a little.

I want to hunt down whoever came up with that atrocity.
The Senator
Junior
And1: 340

Post#1848 » by The Senator » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:07 pm

Dez wrote:

I want to hunt down whoever came up with that atrocity.

You and me both. That trade proposal hurts my brain.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#1849 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:24 pm

One of the most stupid trades proposals I've seen all year lol :banghead:
ImSlower
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,426

Post#1850 » by ImSlower » Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:32 pm

That's a great way to ruin the next couple years of Bulls basketball
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1851 » by bearadonisdna » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:09 am

The bulls trading for Blake would probably have to include lauri because they wouldn't start together well.

Don't know, I think the bulls are 1 star player from being able to legit make some noise.
The bulls could trade for a star guard or center tomorrow, so the narrative of not being able to acquire a star will eventually begin to look self imposed.
Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Post#1852 » by Onibuh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:12 am

Bulls get Blake, Bamba and Fultz for Porter, White, Carter while shedding Dunn/Felicio and add fillers.
How is that a bad deal for Chicago?
hardboiledben
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1853 » by hardboiledben » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:32 am

Onibuh wrote:Bulls get Blake, Bamba and Fultz for Porter, White, Carter while shedding Dunn/Felicio and add fillers.

Losing our two recent lottery picks and a productive 3 & D wing for a guy who physically can't play basketball (making nearly $10m), a lesser young centre than the one we're trading (who's yet to show anything in the nba) and a very good but not elite 30 year old. How is that a good deal?

If we're gonna throw away the past 18 months of accumulating young talent, it better be for someone a lot better than Blake Griffin.
drosereturn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,495

Post#1854 » by drosereturn » Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:00 am

Im a huge fan of BG Bamba but would need a sweetner.
Lamelo will be a future superstar Bull. Book it. Lavar for president!
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1855 » by Onibuh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:03 am

hardboiledben wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Bulls get Blake, Bamba and Fultz for Porter, White, Carter while shedding Dunn/Felicio and add fillers.

Losing our two recent lottery picks and a productive 3 & D wing for a guy who physically can't play basketball (making nearly $10m), a lesser young centre than the one we're trading (who's yet to show anything in the nba) and a very good but not elite 30 year old. How is that a good deal?

If we're gonna throw away the past 18 months of accumulating young talent, it better be for someone a lot better than Blake Griffin.

it's amazing that everybody wants Star Players but nobody wants to give something to get them.
WC and Bamba is basically a wash after 2 injury-rookie Seasons. Then you lose Porter who may opt out which says he'll be gone or get a raise (Pretty sure thats what will happen) and White (I like him, but I'd trade him as sweetener to get rid of Felicio and Dunn). Griffin is a star and easily the best Player involved in this trade. You'd build with Lavine, Markkanen and Blake. That's a Pretty solid base to acquire the needed star Player. Even Lauri wouldn't be untouchable for me in getting a SF to Sato, Lavine, SF, Griffin, who even cares.
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1856 » by Ccwatercraft » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:27 pm

PrimzyBulls81 wrote:One of the most stupid trades proposals I've seen all year lol :banghead:

The pippinainteasy site has had several really strange suggestions, for some reason it keeps popping up on my newsfeed, dam cookies. Crazy idea's or not, I still browse through them, which I guess is the point when they post semi-clickbait articles, so they win this battle.

One thing that these star trade proposals remind me continuously is that there is still value in players with those big hunky max contracts.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1857 » by Onibuh » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:11 pm

Ccwatercraft wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:One of the most stupid trades proposals I've seen all year lol :banghead:

The pippinainteasy site has had several really strange suggestions, for some reason it keeps popping up on my newsfeed, dam cookies. Crazy idea's or not, I still browse through them, which I guess is the point when they post semi-clickbait articles, so they win this battle.

One thing that these star trade proposals remind me continuously is that there is still value in players with those big hunky max contracts.

Why shouldn't they hold value? Those players are the guys you create Cap Space for and use it.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1858 » by WYO » Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:32 pm

Why exactly would Detroit send out the best player and a first round pick for Aaron Gordon, White, and two crappy players? That trade doesn't make any sense.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1859 » by bearadonisdna » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:52 am

Was thinking about a package of Wcj, Dunn and sweeter, to upgrade the center position.
Some candidates I saw around the league,
Bagley, Whiteside, love, Drummond
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#1860 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:01 am

bearadonisdna wrote:Was thinking about a package of Wcj, Dunn and sweeter, to upgrade the center position.
Some candidates I saw around the league,
Bagley, Whiteside, love, Drummond

Our center position be upgraded when Carter matures as a player. Don't want any of those players. The last 3 names almost make me nauseous.

Return to Chicago Bulls