Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5

Moderator: lilfishi22

cowboyronnie
RealGM
And1: 1,465

Re: Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#861 » by cowboyronnie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:19 pm

Headliner wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Its wild that everyone (Diaz c2006 aside) has respect for Robbie Lawler.

I'm trying to think if there's anyone a big enough miscreant to disrespect Lawler. Prolly only a Diaz.

Diaz also hates GSP, who is probably the other most respected/liked fighter in MMA. Even Koscheck and GSP are on good terms now.

It speaks to the level of douche the Diaz brothers are.

GSP is a climate change denier. Maybe the Diaz bros are just standing up for science and a future for our children.
Hi love, bye love, I will miss my love.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#862 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm

cowboyronnie wrote:
Headliner wrote:
cowboyronnie wrote:Its wild that everyone (Diaz c2006 aside) has respect for Robbie Lawler.

I'm trying to think if there's anyone a big enough miscreant to disrespect Lawler. Prolly only a Diaz.

Diaz also hates GSP, who is probably the other most respected/liked fighter in MMA. Even Koscheck and GSP are on good terms now.

It speaks to the level of douche the Diaz brothers are.

GSP is a climate change denier. Maybe the Diaz bros are just standing up for science and a future for our children.

LMFAO!

Also this *I* thought this was pretty funny:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufcs-ngannou-sends-nba-doppelganger-zion-williamson-funny-message/

Heheheheh/Lolz!
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#863 » by REDDzone » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:24 pm

IDK if it's disrespect and maybe I'm missing details but IIRC Rory has accused Lawler of steroids more than once publicly.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,600

Post#864 » by Duke4life831 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:19 pm

Glad to see Jon has really turned it around in his personal life

"Jones, who holds the UFC light heavyweight title, is accused of slapping a cocktail waitress in her genital area at a strip club, pulling her down to his lap and kissing her neck"

"The woman told Albuquerque police that Jones put her in a chokehold and picked her up off the ground, per the news station. When she asked Jones to stop, she said Jones continued touching her until he decided to leave."

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/27237440/ufc-jones-faces-battery-charge-incident

Don't ever change Jon.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#865 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 pm

Some bizarre statements.

Jones, the woman said, had been asking her to give him a lap dance repeatedly, but she refused due to club policy because she was a waitress and not one of the dancers

She said she joked that he can put her in a choke, but she can't put him in one because she wasn't tall enough. Jones then picked her up off the ground, turned her in the air and was "roughhousing" with her, she told police.

"The woman said she told Jones twice he couldn't smack her there unless he paid her $100."

"I just don't want to deal with this person. I think he is a f---ing piece of s---. The whole situation is so complicated and I'm not really sure what to say and this person gets away with f---ing everything."

Lolwut
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Headliner
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,967

Post#866 » by Headliner » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:18 pm

Lol what the ****
Jasen777
Head Coach
And1: 1,883

Post#867 » by Jasen777 » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:27 pm

Jones isn't a good person.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,077

Post#868 » by High 5 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:32 am

Jasen777 wrote:Jones isn't a good person.

Let's not rush to judgement.
RalphWiggum
RealGM
And1: 8,224

Post#869 » by RalphWiggum » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:06 am

High 5 wrote:
Jasen777 wrote:Jones isn't a good person.

Let's not rush to judgement.
I guess we'll have to wait untill he eats a toddler on a ppv to conclude he's a terrible person.
REDDzone
RealGM
And1: 5,126

Post#870 » by REDDzone » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:25 pm

If there's anyone that deserves the benefit of the doubt, it's Jon Jones.
Stephen Jackson wrote:Make sure u want these problems. Goggle me slime. Im in da streets.
Susan
RealGM
And1: 7,429

Post#871 » by Susan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:11 am

I don't think he's a bad person per se, he just is misunderstood. He'll come around!

He's not equipped for the fall from grace he's about to have. This one is going to be ugly.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#872 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:34 am

Besides the fact that Jones is an asshat, he might also be like socially (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or something. Like how does he think picking up a woman to play fight and practice chokes is going to end?

Also, how is the going rate on sexual assault only $100? Ma'am, why even say that part? Just say you told him he couldn't slap your genitals, damn.

Were his parents rich? He just seems so jaded and naive to how the real world works, like a child. I wouldn't be able to fathom how anyone could think like Jon if they weren't rich and sheltered for basically their entire existence.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Bernman
RealGM
And1: 5,473

Post#873 » by Bernman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:31 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:Besides the fact that Jones is an asshat, he might also be like socially (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or something. Like how does he think picking up a woman to play fight and practice chokes is going to end?

Also, how is the going rate on sexual assault only $100? Ma'am, why even say that part? Just say you told him he couldn't slap your genitals, damn.

Were his parents rich? He just seems so jaded and naive to how the real world works, like a child. I wouldn't be able to fathom how anyone could think like Jon if they weren't rich and sheltered for basically their entire existence.

He's thought the world revolved around him from virtually the beginning of his ufc career and nobody has ever made him pay for any of his indiscretions. So he thinks he's untouchable and takes what he wants. In this case it seems like the lady wasn't capitulating to his demands and lashed out at her. Is powerful in Kirky and that strip club, w/ him and his associates spending a lot of money, so figures they'll cover for him. Up until now they probably have. We'd all like to see the videotape uncut. Depends if the right people put pressure on them to release it. It may vindicate him, but I doubt it. Some of the angles could be tough, like of the pussy slap, but the manhandling should be visible if it indeed happened.
"TRADE GIANNIS" - Magic Giannison
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,775

Post#874 » by NZB2323 » Fri Aug 2, 2019 8:48 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:Besides the fact that Jones is an asshat, he might also be like socially (Please Use More Appropriate Word) or something. Like how does he think picking up a woman to play fight and practice chokes is going to end?

His father is a preacher and you know what they say about children of preachers...
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Post#875 » by AirCanadaMouse » Sat Aug 3, 2019 12:17 am

This Cyborg situation has really backfired on the UFC imo. Not a good look for Dana at all right now, that interview they did for damage control did the opposite

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#876 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sat Aug 3, 2019 6:27 am

https://www.tsn.ca/ufc/video/cyborg-will-not-be-offered-new-contract-by-ufc~1745150

Won't be offered new contract apparently.

I don't like this decision to say the least.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,625

Post#877 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:16 am

It's odd. Either Cyborg is really hard to work with or Dana just didn't like being shown up by her because there's no way Cyborg doesn't make financial sense to keep around right? It's not like the WMMA is bustling with stars. I mean, Cyborg is still arguably the biggest star in WMMA today. Correct me if I'm wrong but neither Valentina, Joanna, Karate Hottie, Thug Rose nor even Nunes have the name value that Cyborg carries.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
AirCanadaMouse
Starter
And1: 1,857

Non-threadworthy MMA Rumors/Quotes/Tweets/Etc., Vol. 5 

Post#878 » by AirCanadaMouse » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:47 am

Cyborg is a huge draw tbh. She manages to get PPV buys off Holly Holm fights, Cyborg Nation is a legit fanbase.

Also, in and out the octagon, she’s their biggest star, even if Nunes is the goat. Look at the embedded videos every time, female fans love Cyborg, she’s a huge inspiration and very personable. Her management team is awful but I wish she stood her ground.

But honestly, this is the best for everyone. The 145 division can close down and the talent pool for that division is stronger in Bellator anyway. Too bad PFL is associated closely with the ufc because a Kayla Harrison fight would’ve been fun down the road too.

Just a lot better matchups for Cyborg, you can only fight Nunes for so long, especially since she wants to be more active. Julia Budd vs Cyborg is a big get for Bellator

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Thank you Clutch0z24
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,625

Post#879 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:59 am

I want to say that I hope she doesn't go to Japan/Rizin to do freak fights like Gabi but honestly, the number of fighters that could legitimately give her a challenge could probably be counted with one hand. There might be 1 or maybe 2 of these challengers in each of the big organisations
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,775

Post#880 » by NZB2323 » Mon Aug 5, 2019 11:31 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:https://www.tsn.ca/ufc/video/cyborg-will-not-be-offered-new-contract-by-ufc~1745150

Won't be offered new contract apparently.

I don't like this decision to say the least.

I'm a huge fan of this decision. She's tested positive for steroids, there's evidence that steroids have bigger effects on females, and she's used that strength to inflict brain damage on her opponents. I've never watched any of her fights and I'll continue to boycott her fights.

Return to Boxing & Mixed Martial Arts