ImageImageImageImageImage

Can we all finally cut Vlade a bit of a break here?

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

dorkestra
RealGM
And1: 12,674

Re: Can we all finally cut Vlade a bit of a break here? 

Post#21 » by dorkestra » Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:49 pm

dckingsfan wrote:F yeah... unbelievable back to back off-seasons.

because i only came across you before on current affairs board, i never knew what your screenname meant. I thought it was Dockings Fan. Like you were fan of docking things. Now it all makes sense - a DC Kings fan (I got there in the end) :lol:

I gotta say I was a little suspicious of Vlade's personnel moves in previous years, but the way the team is coming together, my suspicion was probably unwarranted. Kings are tied with Hawks for me as the two most exciting teams in the league.
folks who quote what I wrote get choked
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,015

Post#22 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:08 pm

dorkestra wrote:

because i only came across you before on current affairs board, i never knew what your screenname meant. I thought it was Dockings Fan. Like you were fan of docking things. Now it all makes sense - a DC Kings fan (I got there in the end) :lol:

I gotta say I was a little suspicious of Vlade's personnel moves in previous years, but the way the team is coming together, my suspicion was probably unwarranted. Kings are tied with Hawks for me as the two most exciting teams in the league.

Was a season ticket holder when the Kings first moved to Sacramento. Then off to DC and now in Houston... but not changing my name :D

And you are right - the Kings could be VERY fun to watch this year (Hawks too). I am hoping we watch the youngsters grow up fast.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#23 » by BigRedDog » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:48 am

dckingsfan wrote:
dorkestra wrote:

Was a season ticket holder when the Kings first moved to Sacramento. Then off to DC and now in Houston... but not changing my name :D

And you are right - the Kings could be VERY fun to watch this year (Hawks too). I am hoping we watch the youngsters grow up fast.

honestly i think the kings may have been my favorite team in the league to watch LAST year. They play a nice brand of basketball.
Lost in LA
Pro Prospect
And1: 160

Post#24 » by Lost in LA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:52 am

Anyone who thinks that the Kings had a shot at a major free agent are deluded.

We overpaid Barnes, (but we had to), who was the closest thing. This team needs to got to 45-48 wins this year by not losing as many games our lack of depth cost us last year. Less minutes for Fox will help, and we now have some interior defense.
The hottest FA market in history and WCS struggled to find a home. There should be 3-4 more wins from 5 position alone. I am looking for 45+ wins with at least 6 more wins against Eastern teams. If we end up at less than 40 wins, unless caused by major injury to someone like Fox, than the experiment will have failed, and questions will be asked.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#25 » by dckingsfan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:34 pm

Lost in LA wrote:Anyone who thinks that the Kings had a shot at a major free agent are deluded.

We overpaid Barnes, (but we had to), who was the closest thing. This team needs to got to 45-48 wins this year by not losing as many games our lack of depth cost us last year. Less minutes for Fox will help, and we now have some interior defense.
The hottest FA market in history and WCS struggled to find a home. There should be 3-4 more wins from 5 position alone. I am looking for 45+ wins with at least 6 more wins against Eastern teams. If we end up at less than 40 wins, unless caused by major injury to someone like Fox, than the experiment will have failed, and questions will be asked.

You bring up something interesting... how should we evaluate this season. Should it be on progress of the players and increased wins back to back to back or is it playoffs or bust.

I don't have an answer and I am kind of torn...
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#26 » by HEKTOR » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:08 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
HEKTOR wrote:Vlade is doing a good job, people just needed to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day...

When you say Rome wasn't built in a day what exactly are you implying? Like which stage do you think the Kings are in? Do you mean we're entering the Roman Republic Era? Or perhaps the Roman Imperial Era? Please tell me you don't mean Byzantine Empire Era when they got sacked by the Ottoman Turks in the Battle of Constantinople in 1453.

Nice troll job. Entering the Roman Republic era, when Rome was built. The other eras don't apply as Rome had already been built and/or was on the brink of collapse.
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#27 » by BigRedDog » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:42 pm

HEKTOR wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:
HEKTOR wrote:Vlade is doing a good job, people just needed to be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day...

When you say Rome wasn't built in a day what exactly are you implying? Like which stage do you think the Kings are in? Do you mean we're entering the Roman Republic Era? Or perhaps the Roman Imperial Era? Please tell me you don't mean Byzantine Empire Era when they got sacked by the Ottoman Turks in the Battle of Constantinople in 1453.

Nice troll job. Entering the Roman Republic era, when Rome was built. The other eras don't apply as Rome had already been built and/or was on the brink of collapse.

#1} Wrong answer. The correct response is "What the heck is u tallkin' bout" (Ed Davis words and punctuation not mine) My response was simply a replication of the funniest post in basketball history when Ed Davis was asked if UNC was getting any better (Davis was a current member of one of UNC's all-time worst teams at the time) and he replied "Rome wasnt built in a day"... that response from some UnC grad liberal arts major will never cease to be funny...clearly the joke went over his head... surprised you didnt catch my drift but thats okay

#2) Sorry my reponses in this thread seemed overwhelmingly negative. i can see why as an "outsider" might view my remarks as hostile... im more a fan of the league than a fan of any particular team... so when i see an exicting, emerging team i want to see them continue to get better.... but the kings locked themselves into mediocrity this off-season in my opinion... these subtle bad moves are going to lead to of tires spinning in place in my opinion... and now that Vegas has released their over/under totals and the kings are sitting well south of .500, i guess its not just my opinion... it's the opinion of the sharps too.... I like the kings... i hope they do well but i just cant see it given their off-season moves.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#28 » by HEKTOR » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:41 pm

Like I said, patience.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#29 » by dckingsfan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:58 pm

BigRedDog wrote:
HEKTOR wrote:
BigRedDog wrote:

#1} Wrong answer. The correct response is "What the heck is u tallkin' bout" (Ed Davis words and punctuation not mine) My response was simply a replication of the funniest post in basketball history when Ed Davis was asked if UNC was getting any better (Davis was a current member of one of UNC's all-time worst teams at the time) and he replied "Rome wasnt built in a day"... that response from some UnC grad liberal arts major will never cease to be funny...clearly the joke went over his head... surprised you didnt catch my drift but thats okay

#2) Sorry my reponses in this thread seemed overwhelmingly negative. i can see why as an "outsider" might view my remarks as hostile... im more a fan of the league than a fan of any particular team... so when i see an exicting, emerging team i want to see them continue to get better.... but the kings locked themselves into mediocrity this off-season in my opinion... these subtle bad moves are going to lead to of tires spinning in place in my opinion... and now that Vegas has released their over/under totals and the kings are sitting well south of .500, i guess its not just my opinion... it's the opinion of the sharps too.... I like the kings... i hope they do well but i just cant see it given their off-season moves.

Kind of like the moves. The only one I think we whiffed on was Iguodala. I really like what we did with the FC. And I think that the only thing that keeps this team mediocre is if their youngsters don't develop.

Love #1} :D

Return to Sacramento Kings