ImageImageImage

Offseason Team News/Updates

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Re: Offseason Team News/Updates 

Post#141 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34 pm

Does anyone have any info on Tyrone Wallace?
Is he a PG or SG/wing? And why didn't he play summer ball.
Norseman79
Sixth Man
And1: 561

Post#142 » by Norseman79 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:22 pm

LibertyPrime
Starter
And1: 1,887

Post#143 » by LibertyPrime » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:24 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:
Klomp wrote:
Read on Twitter

Can someone explain why he waited until April 1st before having surgery? Didn't he get hurt last year?
Or did they think it would heal with rehab. If so, what a waste of time.

They were going to let it heal, but when he tried to come back he had a setback. (And, off the record, they were probably okay with losing a few more games at that point anyway, for lottery purposes.)

I remember being pissed about it until someone was kind enough to point out that a "bone bruise" is actually a kind of minor fracture and not nearly as benign as the phrase implies.
"The last domino falls here!"
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#144 » by Jedzz » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 am

from your link.
There’s no disputing his inability to hit shots beyond the arc as Wallace is a career 23.7 percent 3-point shooter. Wallace has been most effective shooting at the rim and between 10-16 feet. If there’s any reason for optimism, it may be his 37.5 percent efficiency on corner 3’s. Otherwise, you’re probably not going to get excited when you see Wallace launch one from behind the line.

You’re probably wondering why the Wolves, a team bereft of 3-point shooting, would add another non-shooter after drafting

Yes, he fits right in alright. Give us your athletic, your poor shooters, your middling hopes for at least a corner 3. We'll stack them all on top each other and one day reach the rim.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#145 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:41 pm

Thanks.
That picture look like Livingston is pushing Klay up by his ass.... :lol:
Also looks like it may have been blocked. :(
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#146 » by mplsfonz23 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:43 pm

Jedzz wrote:

from your link.
There’s no disputing his inability to hit shots beyond the arc as Wallace is a career 23.7 percent 3-point shooter. Wallace has been most effective shooting at the rim and between 10-16 feet. If there’s any reason for optimism, it may be his 37.5 percent efficiency on corner 3’s. Otherwise, you’re probably not going to get excited when you see Wallace launch one from behind the line.

You’re probably wondering why the Wolves, a team bereft of 3-point shooting, would add another non-shooter after drafting

Yes, he fits right in alright. Give us your athletic, your poor shooters, your middling hopes for at least a corner 3. We'll stack them all on top each other and one day reach the rim.

Does that count as a "mid-range" shot?
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,583

Post#147 » by Klomp » Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:14 pm

Read on Twitter
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#148 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#149 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Folklore
Senior
And1: 170

Post#150 » by Folklore » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:24 pm

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by Klomp » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:38 pm

Folklore
Senior
And1: 170

Post#152 » by Folklore » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:36 am

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:13 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#154 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:07 pm

Anybody know this guy?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255060/Wolves-Name-Sachin-Gupta-EVP-Of-Basketball-Operations

Seems like they are heavy on the analytics guys.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#155 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:11 pm

mplsfonz23 wrote:Anybody know this guy?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/255060/Wolves-Name-Sachin-Gupta-EVP-Of-Basketball-Operations

Here's a good read on him from last year

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_32102439/billerica-native-gupta-asst-gm-nbas-pistons

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#156 » by Klomp » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:53 pm

mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#157 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:54 pm

Klomp wrote:
mplsfonz23 wrote:Anybody know this guy?

Here's a good read on him from last year

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_32102439/billerica-native-gupta-asst-gm-nbas-pistons

Thanks for the read. Hope he's not here to start "the process part deuce. :wink:
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,002

Post#158 » by shrink » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:38 pm

Klomp wrote:

I HATE the way ESPN and the league look at other teams as like farm clubs for their destination cities.

Towns could not have been MORE enthusiastic about the Wolves in his quote. They read that and say, “if MIN misses the playoffs this season, will Towns be unhappy, (implying “.. and demand a trade)?” Of course, that’s what their LA audience wants to hear.

Towns is starting the 1st year of a five year deal. Even if he BECAME unhappy, the Wolves would say, “sorry, we’re not trading you.”

Even when Towns says he’s happy here, they talk about trading him. What can he possibly say?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach

Post#159 » by mplsfonz23 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:32 pm

shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I HATE the way ESPN and the league look at other teams as like farm clubs for their destination cities.

Towns could not have been MORE enthusiastic about the Wolves in his quote. They read that and say, “if MIN misses the playoffs this season, will Towns be unhappy, (implying “.. and demand a trade)?” Of course, that’s what their LA audience wants to hear.

Towns is starting the 1st year of a five year deal. Even if he BECAME unhappy, the Wolves would say, “sorry, we’re not trading you.”

Even when Towns says he’s happy here, they talk about trading him. What can he possibly say?

I like how they say he "Threw shade" on Thibs and Butler. (At least he didn't call ESPN for and interview.) If I were Thibs, I would be mad as hell at Butler for throwing his diva-ness around, but as I typed that, I think Thibs should be mad at himself. He had a good young core, kicked out all of Towns friends, brought in some old dudes, (one who thought it was HIS team,) and set us back a good 2-3 years.
That's what happens when you are in "win now" mode.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#160 » by Jedzz » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:47 am

mplsfonz23 wrote:
shrink wrote:
Klomp wrote:

I like how they say he "Threw shade" on Thibs and Butler. (At least he didn't call ESPN for and interview.) If I were Thibs, I would be mad as hell at Butler for throwing his diva-ness around, but as I typed that, I think Thibs should be mad at himself. He had a good young core, kicked out all of Towns friends, brought in some old dudes, (one who thought it was HIS team,) and set us back a good 2-3 years.
That's what happens when you are in "win now" mode.

I'm sorry but I can't agree. Towns has never won anything yet. Towns will never win anything by himself. Choosing when to win is in the eye of the beholder. Towns is getting paid every day. His idea of when this team needs to truly start winning could be entirely different from the thoughts that you, me, or even the coach and owner's have. But it's not supposed to be his choice.

If the owner and coaches felt they needed to start winning, it's on Towns to coexist best as possible with who they have at the time, whoever that is, and do everything they can to attempt to win together. There is no other acceptable truth if you ask me. I don't think he even got close to fully committing to that. Not even close to the commitment we saw from him as he chased the supermax this past season during meaningless games.

It takes a team of players and that team will undoubtedly need older Vets, middle vets, and young cheap players that can play. Even with a good mix, the players all have to commit to it. I didn't see 27 year old Leonard, 34 year old Marc Gasol, and youngins like 24 year old VanFleet and 24 year old Siakum struggling to all get on the same timeline together. Maybe it would have been harder for that team if Siakum and Van Fleet were both Maxed players and guys like Gasol and Leonard were brought in as middle of the road contract vets. Maybe that would have been enough to screw with the needed order of egos and power tripping bitches to stop Toronto from beating everyone.

With two young still developing minds and players getting the max deals, it wasn't ideal, yet Thibs brought in a workable mix of players to do it. We saw the Wolves leap to a top 4 in the west capable team and yet everyone saw how it never quite came together. Even in wins it was like they were struggling against themselves the whole time. It was all because of our young ignorant overpaid little ****. Everyone needs to sop blaming everyone else. We are stuck with them like this until they become more.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves