Image ImageImage Image

Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

Onibuh
Senior
And1: 217

Re: Trade Thread: Armchair GMs welcomed 

Post#1861 » by Onibuh » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:42 am

WindyCityBorn wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Was thinking about a package of Wcj, Dunn and sweeter, to upgrade the center position.
Some candidates I saw around the league,
Bagley, Whiteside, love, Drummond

Our center position be upgraded when Carter matures as a player. Don't want any of those players. The last 3 names almost make me nauseous.

the C Position would be upgraded if Carter could stay healthy…

Drummond would be a great Player to add.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#1862 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:53 am

Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:
bearadonisdna wrote:Was thinking about a package of Wcj, Dunn and sweeter, to upgrade the center position.

Our center position be upgraded when Carter matures as a player. Don't want any of those players. The last 3 names almost make me nauseous.

Still don't expect consistent play from a 20 year old center even if healthy. Drummond is decent, but we don't want a lane clogger.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,639

Post#1863 » by sco » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:35 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

Still don't expect consistent play from a 20 year old center even if healthy. Drummond is decent, but we don't want a lane clogger.

I like Drummond. He is only 25 and has a very good 2-way game. His limitation is his sub-60% FT shooting.

I'm still not 100% sold on WCj. His lack of demonstrated shooting ability is a little concerning (despite his good form). As a rookie, he lost confidence early and often, and he would just disappear in games. That said, he was a 19 year old rookie who showed numerous flashes of great play during his short season. What is clear is that he has very good defensive skills and instincts. He also demonstrated impressive passing vision and skill out of the post.
:clap:
Ccwatercraft
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,591

Post#1864 » by Ccwatercraft » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:09 pm

Onibuh wrote:
Ccwatercraft wrote:
PrimzyBulls81 wrote:One of the most stupid trades proposals I've seen all year lol :banghead:

The pippinainteasy site has had several really strange suggestions, for some reason it keeps popping up on my newsfeed, dam cookies. Crazy idea's or not, I still browse through them, which I guess is the point when they post semi-clickbait articles, so they win this battle.

One thing that these star trade proposals remind me continuously is that there is still value in players with those big hunky max contracts.

Why shouldn't they hold value? Those players are the guys you create Cap Space for and use it.

Chris Paul, Westbrook had to be traded for each other and OKC hasn't been able to move paul yet.

Porter was traded for expiring contracts.

I was referencing types like the above, Chandler Parsons, Wiggins, not the true studs.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,406

Post#1865 » by jump » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:12 pm

Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I don’t get this “if he could stay healthy” business with Wendell. I keep hearing it on this board. He’s been with the team for one season and had ONE INJURY. Doesn’t anybody pay attention? Yes he’s having a muscle correction this summer from something he’s had for years. And it’s the off season when these things get fixed.
sco
RealGM

Post#1866 » by sco » Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:23 pm

jump wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

I don’t get this “if he could stay healthy” business with Wendell. I keep hearing it on this board. He’s been with the team for one season and had ONE INJURY. Doesn’t anybody pay attention? Yes he’s having a muscle correction this summer from something he’s had for years. And it’s the off season when these things get fixed.

It's easy for us to be skiddish given our history.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1867 » by WYO » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:11 pm

Does anyone believe investing a big contract at the center position is worth it? I can only think of Embiid as a guy who might be worth it. Guys like Whiteside and Drummond are a terrible way to spend your money. You're better off with a Robin Lopez and money on the wing than you are with Whiteside and cheap wing talent.
WindyCityBorn
RealGM
And1: 10,774

Post#1868 » by WindyCityBorn » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:37 pm

WYO wrote:Does anyone believe investing a big contract at the center position is worth it? I can only think of Embiid as a guy who might be worth it. Guys like Whiteside and Drummond are a terrible way to spend your money. You're better off with a Robin Lopez and money on the wing than you are with Whiteside and cheap wing talent.

Embiid and Jokic are the only great centers right now.
WYO
Junior
And1: 183

Post#1869 » by WYO » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:40 pm

WindyCityBorn wrote:
WYO wrote:Does anyone believe investing a big contract at the center position is worth it? I can only think of Embiid as a guy who might be worth it. Guys like Whiteside and Drummond are a terrible way to spend your money. You're better off with a Robin Lopez and money on the wing than you are with Whiteside and cheap wing talent.

Embiid and Jokic are the only great centers right now.

I forgot about Jokic, but I agree. No other center in the league is worth a max besides those two.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,206

Post#1870 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:16 am

sco wrote:
jump wrote:
Onibuh wrote:the C Position would be upgraded if Carter could stay healthy…

It's easy for us to be skiddish given our history.

True and not just ours really the whole damned league. Injuries are a huge issue. We do worse than the average team with luck with that. Although Portland still has us beat.
bearadonisdna
RealGM
And1: 5,394

Post#1871 » by bearadonisdna » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:03 am

The way I see it is not positional.
Look at the cap allocated to the bench. Dunn, Young, Sato, Felicio alone account for about 30 mil. Close to a max slot.

Investing that cap into the starting lineup , 5-1 makes more sense than committing it to the bench.

Anyways I feel lauri can play the 5 to mitigate some of the 5 disadvantages the bulls may see around the league so not a desperate need.

This means that hopefully Wendell can be a combo big. Hopefully he can play the 4 because I think he may have to be able to beat teams for trying going big at the 4.

For example: Detroit and Atlanta.

The only way bulls can split this matchup is if lauri matches up and beats Drummond.

Let's say Detroit doesn't want this. They put Blake on lauri. Well lauri against Blake at the 5 and it's a mismatch for Blake.

Now Drummond is trying to guard Wcj at the 4. In the modern era Drummond should not be able to guard the 4 because he is perceived statuesque. Wcj would have to have a skill set to make them pay for playing like this.

It's the same concept for Collins and Len.
If Wcj is playing the 4 and so is Len Wcj would help a lot if he could take advantage of that mismatch.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1872 » by Onibuh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:08 am

jump wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
WindyCityBorn wrote:

He missed half the Season with injury and he misses the summer preparation because he is unable to Play again. That's whats called "can't stay healthy". He Needs to Play at least 70 games more than once to consider him staying healthy.

Bulls love to have their injury prone Players. They take risks, they don't work out most of the time.

If the Bulls have a Chance to get Drummond or Blake and him I'd trade them Carter and Lauri if needed. (DET would have to take on Felicio and Bulls don't add anything more).
hardboiledben
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1873 » by hardboiledben » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:40 am

Onibuh wrote:
hardboiledben wrote:
Onibuh wrote:Bulls get Blake, Bamba and Fultz for Porter, White, Carter while shedding Dunn/Felicio and add fillers.
How is that a bad deal for Chicago?

Losing our two recent lottery picks and a productive 3 & D wing for a guy who physically can't play basketball (making nearly $10m), a lesser young centre than the one we're trading (who's yet to show anything in the nba) and a very good but not elite 30 year old. How is that a good deal?

If we're gonna throw away the past 18 months of accumulating young talent, it better be for someone a lot better than Blake Griffin.

it's amazing that everybody wants Star Players but nobody wants to give something to get them.
WC and Bamba is basically a wash after 2 injury-rookie Seasons. Then you lose Porter who may opt out which says he'll be gone or get a raise (Pretty sure thats what will happen) and White (I like him, but I'd trade him as sweetener to get rid of Felicio and Dunn). Griffin is a star and easily the best Player involved in this trade. You'd build with Lavine, Markkanen and Blake. That's a Pretty solid base to acquire the needed star Player. Even Lauri wouldn't be untouchable for me in getting a SF to Sato, Lavine, SF, Griffin, who even cares.

I'm all for it if we were to get a player who could turn us in to a contender - but Blake isn't that.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1874 » by Onibuh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 am

hardboiledben wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
hardboiledben wrote:
Losing our two recent lottery picks and a productive 3 & D wing for a guy who physically can't play basketball (making nearly $10m), a lesser young centre than the one we're trading (who's yet to show anything in the nba) and a very good but not elite 30 year old. How is that a good deal?

If we're gonna throw away the past 18 months of accumulating young talent, it better be for someone a lot better than Blake Griffin.

it's amazing that everybody wants Star Players but nobody wants to give something to get them.
WC and Bamba is basically a wash after 2 injury-rookie Seasons. Then you lose Porter who may opt out which says he'll be gone or get a raise (Pretty sure thats what will happen) and White (I like him, but I'd trade him as sweetener to get rid of Felicio and Dunn). Griffin is a star and easily the best Player involved in this trade. You'd build with Lavine, Markkanen and Blake. That's a Pretty solid base to acquire the needed star Player. Even Lauri wouldn't be untouchable for me in getting a SF to Sato, Lavine, SF, Griffin, who even cares.

I'm all for it if we were to get a player who could turn us in to a contender - but Blake isn't that.

he lead the Pistions to the POs and does not have LaVine or Porter as the guy next to him.
sco
RealGM

Post#1875 » by sco » Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:35 pm

bearadonisdna wrote:

The way I see it is not positional.
Look at the cap allocated to the bench. Dunn, Young, Sato, Felicio alone account for about 30 mil. Close to a max slot.

Investing that cap into the starting lineup , 5-1 makes more sense than committing it to the bench.

Anyways I feel lauri can play the 5 to mitigate some of the 5 disadvantages the bulls may see around the league so not a desperate need.

This means that hopefully Wendell can be a combo big. Hopefully he can play the 4 because I think he may have to be able to beat teams for trying going big at the 4.

For example: Detroit and Atlanta.

The only way bulls can split this matchup is if lauri matches up and beats Drummond.

Let's say Detroit doesn't want this. They put Blake on lauri. Well lauri against Blake at the 5 and it's a mismatch for Blake.

Now Drummond is trying to guard Wcj at the 4. In the modern era Drummond should not be able to guard the 4 because he is perceived statuesque. Wcj would have to have a skill set to make them pay for playing like this.

It's the same concept for Collins and Len.
If Wcj is playing the 4 and so is Len Wcj would help a lot if he could take advantage of that mismatch.

I see things a little differently. Today's NBA has playmakers, 3pt shooters, defenders and rim runners/protectors. IMO most teams are looking to spend the bulk of their cap on 1 playmaker and 2 3pt shooters, and hope 2 of the 3 are good defenders. Rim runners/protectors are important, but seemingly in larger supply and have less value than the other positions.

I like our stable of bigs and think Lauri/WCj are an ideal pairing if WCj can stay out of foul trouble and start making his shots away from the basket.
bigworld2017
Pro Prospect
And1: 407

Post#1876 » by bigworld2017 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:26 pm

I think Wendell will make great strides this year. He'll probably have some post surgical rust early on, so we may see more of Kornet and perhaps Gafford to start the season. With a core muscle surgery Wendell is going to be limited in his activities. No serious weight lifting, no serious running. Stationary bike maybe. Then he has to rehab and regain stamina. There are other young centers I think will show more this year than they did in their rookie years. Namely Ayton and Mo Bamba.
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#1877 » by jump » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Onibuh wrote:
jump wrote:
Onibuh wrote:the C Position would be upgraded if Carter could stay healthy…

He missed half the Season with injury and he misses the summer preparation because he is unable to Play again. That's whats called "can't stay healthy". He Needs to Play at least 70 games more than once to consider him staying healthy.

Bulls love to have their injury prone Players. They take risks, they don't work out most of the time.

If the Bulls have a Chance to get Drummond or Blake and him I'd trade them Carter and Lauri if needed. (DET would have to take on Felicio and Bulls don't add anything more).

Griffin played 67 games in 14-15
35 games in 15-16
61 in 16-17
58 in 17-18

Who’s injury prone?
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1878 » by Onibuh » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:11 pm

jump wrote:
Onibuh wrote:
jump wrote:

Griffin played 67 games in 14-15
35 games in 15-16
61 in 16-17
58 in 17-18

Who’s injury prone?

Both

Just don't understand what Griffin being injury prone make Carter less injury prone?
jump
Assistant Coach

Post#1879 » by jump » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:08 pm

Just defending Carter, who i see as a stellar young player. Also that you’re fine with Blake’s injuries but troubled by Carter's. Then you said something about the FO loving their injury prone players, which is absurd since no FO loves injuries. So it feels like you’re just on a FO bashing trip like so many posters here.
Onibuh
Senior

Post#1880 » by Onibuh » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:20 am

jump wrote:Just defending Carter, who i see as a stellar young player. Also that you’re fine with Blake’s injuries but troubled by Carter's. Then you said something about the FO loving their injury prone players, which is absurd since no FO loves injuries. So it feels like you’re just on a FO bashing trip like so many posters here.

Blake is just that much better than Carter that you could argue About taking your Chance on him and bet on him staying healthy when needed.

Return to Chicago Bulls