ImageImage

Tampering

Moderators: JDR720, Diop, fatlever, yosemiteben, BigSlam

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Tampering 

Post#1 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:22 am

Think this is the first time ive ever made a new topic.

AFTER we find out Boston tampered with Kemba (the deal was done before free agency began) can we expect compensation?
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,833

Re: Tampering 

Post#2 » by Diop » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:26 am

Probably not
BigRedDog
Junior
And1: 240

Post#3 » by BigRedDog » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:33 am

Reading the collective bargaining agreement i don't believe we are eligible for tampering considerations because we received "reparations" when Terry Rozier signed... honestly, that was better than the other offer under consideration which was #40 Jeff Ayers and a Mullens (byron)
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 43,122

Post#4 » by JDR720 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:34 am

They have to give us one of their championships.

But seriously, probably not. If it is it'll be like a 2nd round pick or something, we already got our prize. Terry Rozier.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,053

Post#5 » by Liver_Pooty » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:50 am

Ill take anything. They tampered.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
BlackOutBuzz
Hornets Forum Capologist
And1: 2,970

Post#6 » by BlackOutBuzz » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:17 am

I love that Boston has been the most vocal about tampering... all the while claiming signing Kemba (via tampering) and Enes Kanter were "plan A."

**** those guys. I hope Kemba wins a championship. It's complicated.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Hornets Picks by Year
2021: Bouknight, Jones, Thor, Lewis

Protection on future 1st* (to NYK); 2nds
2022: 1-18; CHA (31-55), TOR 2 (55-60)
2023: 1-16; BOS (GH)
2024: 1-14; BOS (GH)
2025: 1-14; CHA (31-55)
*Becomes two 2nds if unconveyed
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#7 » by 316Hornets » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:02 am

Is it really tampering if the player or agent contacts you and tells you that they are signing with you? It seems pretty evident Kemba already had his mind on Boston and it wasn't any sinister maneuvering by Boston that made it so. This is a making a mountain over a molehill type thing.
The Charlotte Hornets will win their first round series against the Boston Celtics in the 2021 Playoffs
BigSlam
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 8,358

Post#8 » by BigSlam » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:37 pm

Liver_Pooty wrote:Think this is the first time ive ever made a new topic.

AFTER we find out Boston tampered with Kemba (the deal was done before free agency began) can we expect compensation?

I think it's funny this was only brought to light once Boston "stamped their feet" regarding their perception of the tampering associated to Horford.

If the Hornets had "stamped their feet" regarding their perception of the tampering associated to Walker would the league have reacted?

P.S. Congrats on your 1st thread Pooty! You should make more. You have great stuff to add to the board.
B B M F 'ers
LofJ
RealGM
And1: 10,519

Post#9 » by LofJ » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:41 pm

BigSlam wrote:

I think it's funny this was only brought to light once Boston "stamped their feet" regarding their perception of the tampering associated to Horford.

If the Hornets had "stamped their feet" regarding their perception of the tampering associated to Walker would the league have reacted?

That's a good question. If it's true that Mitch is the only GM that adheres to the rules about the free agent moratorium then the team is well within its rights to demand some form of compensation. We paid for the Rozier sign and trade with the 2020 Nets 2nd, that should at the very least be returned to the team.
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,405

Post#10 » by Hornet Mania » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:30 am

LofJ wrote:
BigSlam wrote:

That's a good question. If it's true that Mitch is the only GM that adheres to the rules about the free agent moratorium then the team is well within its rights to demand some form of compensation. We paid for the Rozier sign and trade with the 2020 Nets 2nd, that should at the very least be returned to the team.

That's actually a really good idea. It's not a steep penalty but it's enough of a sting to send a message that the rules matter.

I will be shocked if we get anything though, the fact Boston is brazen enough to whine about tampering themselves in the Horford situation proves they aren't concerned with anyone taking a hard look at their FA dealings.

Return to Charlotte Hornets