Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Re: OT: Video Game Computers/Gadgets/Gizmos Thread 

Post#1301 » by humanrefutation » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:08 am

Matches Malone wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Matches Malone wrote:
I went with the Jabra elite 65T. Much richer sound and more bass than air pods. The Apple airpods were okay when I used them, but they don't fit my ears very well. Jabra fits seamlessly in my ears and I don't feel like they're going to fall out when I'm at the gym. Also the voice assistance was pretty good on them as well. Really depends what you want to use them for. I mainly just use them for the gym and stick with my Sony MX3's for anything at home or on an airplane etc. They are also fine in the Sauna or steam room if you do that sort of thing.

I'll also throw in that the Bose Soundsport free are decent too.

I just ordered a pair of the Jabra Elite 65t - they were on sale for $114.99 on Prime Day with 20% cash back on my Prime Visa Card, bringing the cost down to about $95. I had been reading reviews online and it seemed like all of the tech sites I visit gave it glowing ratings, but the reviews on Amazon were much less stellar. Figured at that price, they were at least worth a trial run.

I used them for the first time today while running errands, and I'm still not completely sure they're for me. The fit is good (once you actually insert them correctly - I was doing it wrong for the first hour). The sound quality isn't amazing, but it still solid. The hearthrough feature is nice. The case is nifty - it's cool to have my music start piping through the headphones the moment I put the right one in - but I wish it wasn't made of plastic. I'm not sure I like the ear tips, either. My biggest issue came with the sound cutting out of them a few times when I was shopping - might have been random, but it was a concern. I'm going to mess around with them for the next week to so before making a final call.

Out of curiosity, are you using the standard 65t at the gym or the "Active" 65t? I'm not sure if the standard ones I bought are going to be gym friendly.

I should have been more specific in my post. They are the active version. I believe they come with added grip and sweat/water protection.

Cool. I was looking at those, too, but they were about $50 more than the regular ones on sale. I've read people using the regular ones for the gym too, but I think you're right about the added sweat protection on the active version.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,951

Post#1302 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:37 am

I'm really loving the recently picked up Echo Dot. So I've got an Echo in my bathroom, Sonos in my living room and kitchen, Dot in my bedroom. I can stream music to hella good systems in the bedroom, living room, and den with two 5.1 setups and one Atmos setup. I think I'm gonna get a Dot for the girl's bathroom and the den.
jmuelly
Junior
And1: 88

Post#1303 » by jmuelly » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:41 pm

Does anyone have ea access? With it releasing on ps4 this week I am interested in checking it out. Currently I have 2 systems in my home. One for my children and one for myself. We purchase all digital games on one account and share titles. Can we do the same with EA access? I believe it works but only the subscriber can get the 10% discount and 10 hour early trial but the library of games is available to the system set at home as well. Does anyone know for certain? Also when buying through EA access at 10% off, are you buying it only from EA or the PS/Microsoft store itself?

Thanks
jmuelly
Junior

Post#1304 » by jmuelly » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:43 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I'm really loving the recently picked up Echo Dot. So I've got an Echo in my bathroom, Sonos in my living room and kitchen, Dot in my bedroom. I can stream music to hella good systems in the bedroom, living room, and den with two 5.1 setups and one Atmos setup. I think I'm gonna get a Dot for the girl's bathroom and the den.

I got a dot once when I bought my ecobee system. I have no idea how or what to use it for tbh. Never cared to learn more I guess.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1305 » by jschligs » Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:54 pm

jmuelly wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I'm really loving the recently picked up Echo Dot. So I've got an Echo in my bathroom, Sonos in my living room and kitchen, Dot in my bedroom. I can stream music to hella good systems in the bedroom, living room, and den with two 5.1 setups and one Atmos setup. I think I'm gonna get a Dot for the girl's bathroom and the den.

I got a dot once when I bought my ecobee system. I have no idea how or what to use it for tbh. Never cared to learn more I guess.

I’ve been mostly the same. Have a dot, Ecobee and even one of those Simplisafe security systems. Have literally only used the dot for music and a timer. But, I bought the Echo Show on Prime Days and I’m going to get a Ring and Hue lights and go all in.
Siefer
RealGM
And1: 5,967

Post#1306 » by Siefer » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:47 pm

We have Echoes/Echo Dots everywhere, and control the lights, vacuum, HVAC, and smoke detectors with them. They're freaking rad, and as much as I appreciate the privacy and access concerns inherent to these devices, I'm currently alright with trading off on the risks for the very tangible rewards.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Post#1307 » by MikeIsGood » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Happy FE release week! 4 days to go.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1308 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:44 pm

I miss the good old days when the top releases came out on Tuesdays.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1309 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:46 pm

PS+ members get these prices on the summer sale:

Quantic Dream Collection $11.99
Persona 5 $13.99
The Last Guardian $11.99
Outlast 2 $7.49
Outlast Trinity $11.79
Dragon Ball FighterZ $14.99
Shadow of the Colossus $12.99
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2 $0.99
Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare 2: Deluxe Edition $1.24
Dead Cells + Rise of the Giant Avatar $17.49
Dead Cells $17.49
Disgaea 5 Complete Bundle $19.99
Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance $11.99
A Hat in Time $14.99
Moonlighter $9.99
Fe $4.99
Farpoint $9.99
Burnout Paradise Remastered $4.99
Enter the Gungeon $7.49
Just Cause 4 $19.79
Just Cause 4 Digital Deluxe Edition $23.09
Just Cause 4 Gold Edition $29.69
Just Cause 3: XXL Edition $7.49
Just Cause 3 $5.99
Kona $5.99
Armello $7.99
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Complete Edition $14.99
Moss (PSVR) $20.99
SoulCalibur VI $20.39

For $14 I'll probably pick up Persona 5. Had no idea there was additional Dead Cells content. If you haven't played The Witcher 3 then that's a no-brainer price.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,650

Post#1310 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:27 pm

Even being mediocre on Witcher 3, I might have to pick it up for Switch when it comes out. What an unbelievable RPG to have on the go.
jmuelly
Junior

Post#1311 » by jmuelly » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:19 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Even being mediocre on Witcher 3, I might have to pick it up for Switch when it comes out. What an unbelievable RPG to have on the go.

I picked it up last time it was on sale. What difficulty do you recommend starting on?
Sauce Boss
Assistant Coach
And1: 851

Post#1312 » by Sauce Boss » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Beat Valkyria Chronicles 4. I bought it last winter as a holdover for what I thought would be a March release of Fire Emblem. Completed it two days before launch at the end of July. Whoops.

Ended up feeling pretty neutral on it. I enjoyed it enough, but I didn’t like that the emphasis was on speed. You effectively had to find one optimal strategy to complete missions in as few turns as possible through trial-and-error. Just didn’t quite scratch the itch I was hoping it would.
Stephen Jackson wrote:"I got a video off the French Montana beat that I shot in the condo. The condo was laid, man. I had a gate with a key...Yeah, Milwaukee is a nice place but the team sucked."
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1313 » by jschligs » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:09 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Even being mediocre on Witcher 3, I might have to pick it up for Switch when it comes out. What an unbelievable RPG to have on the go.

What I'll be curious to see is how well it ports. The AC3 port was apparently horrendous, and The Witcher 3 is seemingly much more intensive. That being said, Ubisoft is absolute trash at optimizing their games (still can't play the Division 2 without horrible graphic issues).
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#1314 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Just pre-ordered Madden 20. I haven't bought Madden since I was in college almost 10 years ago now. I have a Xbox One X and the only game I've played is RDR2, so I'm pretty excited to see how much better the graphics and game play are from 360 to One X. I'm also looking forward to leading the Packers back to the glory land in franchise mode.
Misery loves company
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1315 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:14 pm

Hate to say it but I don't think Madden's been good since '05, when it was incredible.
worthlessBucks
RealGM
And1: 4,824

Post#1316 » by worthlessBucks » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:02 pm

I haven't played a Madden or 2k in years (no system), but I saw a clip of 20 and I thought visually it looked amazing.
Go Bucks!
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1317 » by machu46 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:51 pm

worthlessBucks wrote:I haven't played a Madden or 2k in years (no system), but I saw a clip of 20 and I thought visually it looked amazing.

It's definitely good visually. If you're into franchise mode though, you'll be disappointed. It's barely changed since the Xbox 360, and if anything, has probably gotten worse.

I just got EA Access today though, so I downloaded Madden 20 and I'll check it out at some point tonight.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#1318 » by dbrodz7 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:42 pm

I'm not looking for anything crazy I just want good visuals and some entertainment playing and to be able to trade and sign guys.
Misery loves company
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,009

Post#1319 » by mattg » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:56 pm

Yeah madden has legit fallen off a cliff since PlayStation 2. They’ve only taken away features in franchise mode since then, or never added them back in when 360/ps3 came out. It’s so weird because I literally had every year’s madden game starting with ‘95 on my sega genesis through madden 2010. But with how atrocious 07-10 were I just stopped playing and never had the urge to buy the game again as they never even pretended to address any of the issues.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1320 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Yea, I'm gonna take a vacation day tomorrow.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks