Dinwidde will be second on the team in scoring with close to 20 ppg, win 6MOY,

Allen will be top 3 in dunks. flirt with a double double avg
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Nets player predictions 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Those are fair predictions.

I have stated elsewhere, I also think that Kyrie will be an MVP finalist, and i legitimately feel that this may be his season. Giannis will be the incumbent, but will teams start defending him as Toronto did, limiting his spin move and daring him to take long, open jumpers? Steph will be the other threat, with a system designed to feature him and unlimited shots available. But the West is tougher on average than ever, and the small sample indicates that Curry w/o Klay around to draw attention away and defend the other teams' best perimeter scorer is not quite as dominant. I have Irving at 33/6/8/2/1 on 48/41/86.

IMO, Joe won't average 14, but he will see over 30mpg. His presence will command focus from the opposition, helping to stir the drink that is our system. Maybe around 11ppg, but on seriously bonkers %'s IMO. Like, 51/53/84.

I could see Spencer as the 2nd-leading scorer, but I'm more inclined to believe that Caris will edge him out. He is the odd-on favorite for 6MoY though, you're right there.

Our C position will be a timeshare, both will get lots of well-fed opportunities to finish in the lane. We can rationally differ on who will start, it's doesn't much matter. Whomever ends up on the 2nd units is going to terrorize the opposition.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Rockice_24
Starter
And1: 816

Post#3 » by Rockice_24 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:11 pm

I'm ready for a 20/5/5 season from Caris. He's ready for it I think.

I like Kyrie around 26/7/4 on his elite shooting #'s

Allen 12/10/2 blocks

Joe will stay around 13 ppg and shoot in the mid 40% from deep.

Kurucs will bump up to 12 and 6 with better shooting #'s.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#4 » by Claud » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:15 pm

I think last year Caris took a significant step forward in his development and expecting something similar occurring with the Fro.

I'm thinking 15/12/3 for Allen if given the starter role and close to 30mpg.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#5 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:17 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:Those are fair predictions.

I have stated elsewhere, I also think that Kyrie will be an MVP finalist, and i legitimately feel that this may be his season. Giannis will be the incumbent, but will teams start defending him as Toronto did, limiting his spin move and daring him to take long, open jumpers? Steph will be the other threat, with a system designed to feature him and unlimited shots available. But the West is tougher on average than ever, and the small sample indicates that Curry w/o Klay around to draw attention away and defend the other teams' best perimeter scorer is not quite as dominant. I have Irving at 33/6/8/2/1 on 48/41/86.

IMO, Joe won't average 14, but he will see over 30mpg. His presence will command focus from the opposition, helping to stir the drink that is our system. Maybe around 11ppg, but on seriously bonkers %'s IMO. Like, 51/53/84.

I could see Spencer as the 2nd-leading scorer, but I'm more inclined to believe that Caris will edge him out. He is the odd-on favorite for 6MoY though, you're right there.

Our C position will be a timeshare, both will get lots of well-fed opportunities to finish in the lane. We can rationally differ on who will start, it's doesn't much matter. Whomever ends up on the 2nd units is going to terrorize the opposition.

I think Caris will be in the teens but dont think he will get the volume to be second leading scorer. he isnt efficient enough unless he takes an enomrous leap, which could happen.

Dinwiddie is already a top 5 iso scorer and has proven he can drop 17 ppg. with more around him and with kyrie likely getting managed over the course of the year i think dinwiddie is going to explode to lou williams level

Spencers Dec-Jan-March really get over looked because of the time he missed in february. but he averaged almost 19 ppg on 57 TS%.

Leverts 8 game start to the season pre-injury was 18.9 ppg on 56 TS% as a comparison. dinwiddie matched that and sustained it over a longer period

spencer is a beast. if he cleans up some of his settling for side step fade away threes and continues to be aggressive he is going to explode
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#6 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:23 pm

Rockice_24 wrote:I'm ready for a 20/5/5 season from Caris. He's ready for it I think.

I like Kyrie around 26/7/4 on his elite shooting #'s

Allen 12/10/2 blocks

Joe will stay around 13 ppg and shoot in the mid 40% from deep.

Kurucs will bump up to 12 and 6 with better shooting #'s.

im not sure caris will get the 18-20 shots needed for the points but i think 15/5/5 is within reach for sure.

10 rebounds for allen would be awesome. i think he can get there if he gets the minutes.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#7 » by Prokorov » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:24 pm

Claud wrote:I think last year Caris took a significant step forward in his development and expecting something similar occurring with the Fro.

I'm thinking 15/12/3 for Allen if given the starter role and close to 30mpg.

only the elte of the elite rebounders get 12+ rpg. i dont think allen will sniff that. 9+? sure
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#8 » by MGrand15 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:44 am

Dinwiddie is in for a big year. He was at 58 TS% with a constantly changing role and his jump shot fell off a cliff after the thumb surgery. I think he's a MUCH better shooter than what his percentages have been. Wouldn't be surprised if he's close to 40% next year.

Caris is gonna have such a big role in the offense that he'll have to make a huge leap in numbers. He needs to get more consistent. The last 2 years he's hit nasty slumps even while taking all the right shots. To make the leap from average to good or great, you can't have those. Anything less than 17+5 would mean our offense isn't clicking.

I'm preparing for Harris to take a step back. He was automatic last year. It's just tough to replicate that kind of year but we definitely need it.

Kyrie is interesting. I don't think he'll be at MVP level but he's gonna have more freedom and space than he's ever had. Caris and Dinwiddie need touches in the PNR but that's basically it. He's gonna get way more PNRs and mismatch ISO. He can also flow in the offense like Harris and Crabbe did.

Rodi is gonna take a leap. I think he's been underrated because of his shooting slump to end the year. Playing him at PF exclusively means more open shots + more transition chances + slower guys defending him.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#9 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:30 am

MGrand15 wrote:Dinwiddie is in for a big year. He was at 58 TS% with a constantly changing role and his jump shot fell off a cliff after the thumb surgery. I think he's a MUCH better shooter than what his percentages have been. Wouldn't be surprised if he's close to 40% next year.

Caris is gonna have such a big role in the offense that he'll have to make a huge leap in numbers. He needs to get more consistent. The last 2 years he's hit nasty slumps even while taking all the right shots. To make the leap from average to good or great, you can't have those. Anything less than 17+5 would mean our offense isn't clicking.

I'm preparing for Harris to take a step back. He was automatic last year. It's just tough to replicate that kind of year but we definitely need it.

Kyrie is interesting. I don't think he'll be at MVP level but he's gonna have more freedom and space than he's ever had. Caris and Dinwiddie need touches in the PNR but that's basically it. He's gonna get way more PNRs and mismatch ISO. He can also flow in the offense like Harris and Crabbe did.

Rodi is gonna take a leap. I think he's been underrated because of his shooting slump to end the year. Playing him at PF exclusively means more open shots + more transition chances + slower guys defending him.

Agree on Dinwiddie. he played better then his numbers show and if you look at the splits he had some really outstanding stretches of play. not quite russells midseason stretch but 20 ppg on great efficiency.

Levert needs consistency but also needs to do a bit more off the ball. He relies too much on isolation which is why his efficiency is so low. he doesnt really get any easy offense created for him. being able to catch and shoot from three at 35% would go a long way. he just hasnt shot the ball well or consistently... below avg from midrange, three, and the FT line... i think the next evolution for caris is being a reliable shooter.... he will for sure sitll get his touches but with Kyrie and spencer he will likely not see the volume he saw to start last year unless injuries hit. he took 12 shots a game last year, i can see that increasing but i dont think it will be an extra 4-5 shots a game. he wont be a 17-20 ppg scorer until he improves as a shooter. 50-54 TS% players dont see 20 ppg unless it is on extremely high usage and with kyrie/spencer thats tough to come by. levert is a worker though and his shot isnt brokem. he can add it.

with kurucs im hoping he has the chemisty with kyrie that he did with russell. every game you could count on at least 2 back door cuts for layups or dunks on that play where they fake the wing screen and roll and rodi back doors his man. by mid season those 2 had like ESP
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#10 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:04 am

Prokorov wrote:Agree on Dinwiddie. he played better then his numbers show and if you look at the splits he had some really outstanding stretches of play. not quite russells midseason stretch but 20 ppg on great efficiency.

Levert needs consistency but also needs to do a bit more off the ball. He relies too much on isolation which is why his efficiency is so low. he doesnt really get any easy offense created for him. being able to catch and shoot from three at 35% would go a long way. he just hasnt shot the ball well or consistently... below avg from midrange, three, and the FT line... i think the next evolution for caris is being a reliable shooter.... he will for sure sitll get his touches but with Kyrie and spencer he will likely not see the volume he saw to start last year unless injuries hit. he took 12 shots a game last year, i can see that increasing but i dont think it will be an extra 4-5 shots a game. he wont be a 17-20 ppg scorer until he improves as a shooter. 50-54 TS% players dont see 20 ppg unless it is on extremely high usage and with kyrie/spencer thats tough to come by. levert is a worker though and his shot isnt brokem. he can add it.

with kurucs im hoping he has the chemisty with kyrie that he did with russell. every game you could count on at least 2 back door cuts for layups or dunks on that play where they fake the wing screen and roll and rodi back doors his man. by mid season those 2 had like ESP

OK, as much stick as I give you, these are really solid perspectives.

I still believe that Caris edges out Spencer for 2nd scorer on the team, just it's so difficult for a 6th man to ball out that hard over 4 other starters. But you're right, LeVert needs to be able to stand and fire at rate that will intimidate the opponent. I would say he really needs ot be at 37% on assisted 3's, and he's gonna need to put in the time this offseason to get there. But everything else in his game is ready, he just needs his off-ball shot to improve and he's a monster.

I'm not gonna pretend that Prince and Jordan are miles above Kurucs and Allen. Rodi and Jarrett are neck-and-neck with them, and they have more time in the system. If Kurucs and Allen makes another jump in their development, they might make it impossible to wrest the starting spots away from him. I just see Taurean's 3-point accuracy, and DeAndre's physicality being the tie-breakers. Either way, our 2-deep is stacked.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#11 » by Prokorov » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:28 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Agree on Dinwiddie. he played better then his numbers show and if you look at the splits he had some really outstanding stretches of play. not quite russells midseason stretch but 20 ppg on great efficiency.

OK, as much stick as I give you, these are really solid perspectives.

I still believe that Caris edges out Spencer for 2nd scorer on the team, just it's so difficult for a 6th man to ball out that hard over 4 other starters. But you're right, LeVert needs to be able to stand and fire at rate that will intimidate the opponent. I would say he really needs ot be at 37% on assisted 3's, and he's gonna need to put in the time this offseason to get there. But everything else in his game is ready, he just needs his off-ball shot to improve and he's a monster.

I'm not gonna pretend that Prince and Jordan are miles above Kurucs and Allen. Rodi and Jarrett are neck-and-neck with them, and they have more time in the system. If Kurucs and Allen makes another jump in their development, they might make it impossible to wrest the starting spots away from him. I just see Taurean's 3-point accuracy, and DeAndre's physicality being the tie-breakers. Either way, our 2-deep is stacked.

spencer being a 6th man is window dressing. only harris and Dlo played more minutes per game then spencer last year. he will likely get as many or more minutes then levert again this year, with the bonus that he will spend more time on the floor with kyrie on the bench then levert will. so i think spencer still gets more shots but we'll see
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#12 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:55 pm

I also think Dinwiddie is going to score a ton of points this season. This could be finally his year for 6MOTY
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#13 » by DarkXaero » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:09 pm

Nice video breaking down Kyrie's strengths and how the Nets can implement his game (awkward midway ad aside). Coach Nick thinks that we'll get the best version of Kyrie and will be competing for the 3rd spot.

Also for anyone still not sold, look at the statistical difference between Kyrie & D Lo efficiency, and the "net rating" since that has been a hot topic on GB :lol:
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,247

Post#14 » by Papi_swav » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:16 pm

Kyrie : 25/6/4/1 on 48/40/88 (top 5 in MVP)

Levert: 18.5/4/4/1 on 44/35/78 (top 5 in MIP)

Din:17.5/5/3/1 on 44/35/81 (top 3 in 6MOY)

Harris: 12/2/3/1 on 52/46/90 (top 3 in 3PT%)

Prince: 13/2/4/1 on 44/38/83

Allen: 12/9/1/2 on 60/27/75 (top 10 in blocks and defense rating)

Nets: 49-33 (KA is top 4 in COY)

Some averages might be a little high because some players will score more points when others aren't playing/resting. We scored 112 points per game last year, I think we'll see a little bump about 115 per game.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,851

Post#15 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:25 pm

DarkXaero wrote:

Nice video breaking down Kyrie's strengths and how the Nets can implement his game (awkward midway ad aside). Coach Nick thinks that we'll get the best version of Kyrie and will be competing for the 3rd spot.

Also for anyone still not sold, look at the statistical difference between Kyrie & D Lo efficiency, and the "net rating" since that has been a hot topic on GB :lol:

Dudes on the GB are so full of hate right now someone actually said that Russell was better than Irving last season. Dudes are SALTY af right now about all of this so they're really working overtime to convince themselves that the Nets are going to suck.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,948

Post#16 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:30 pm

I don't think Kenny will play Irving enough minutes to put up the gaudy stats needed for MVP, nor do I think we will be a to 5ish team that would warrant an MVP candidate. I also don't want the award in Irving's head. Team first goals all the way.

I am not nearly as optimistic as most of you but....

Dinwiddie could approach 20ppg and will probably improve his 3 point shooting, I just think even his 17ppg was slightly inflated last year given the injury to LeVert. LeVert, Dinwiddie and Irving are all ball dominate players. I still 6MOY will be L.Williams to lose. Even Kawhi and PG, he will still get plenty of burn and score at will.

Harris is a rock and will stay mid 40's and fight for the 3 point title.

Really, I think our success will hinge on 3 of our youth:
LeVert who needs to improve his shooting percentages and play more within the system
Allen who needs to show he can hold his own again quality bigs
Kurucs/Prince - 1 of those 2 really needs to step up at PF.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#17 » by Prokorov » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:11 pm

Trader_Joe wrote:I don't think Kenny will play Irving enough minutes to put up the gaudy stats needed for MVP, nor do I think we will be a to 5ish team that would warrant an MVP candidate. I also don't want the award in Irving's head. Team first goals all the way.

Dinwiddie could approach 20ppg and will probably improve his 3 point shooting, I just think even his 17ppg was slightly inflated last year given the injury to LeVert. LeVert, Dinwiddie and Irving are all ball dominate players. I still 6MOY will be L.Williams to lose. Even Kawhi and PG, he will still get plenty of burn and score at will.

LeVert who needs to improve his shooting percentages and play more within the system

if we are relying on the like sof kurucs, allen, prince we are in huge trouble.

Kyrie and 4 guys from the YMCA is a 40 win team. we need him to stay healthy for 65+ games. even in 30 mnutes he should improve on last years already stellar numbers in a faster paced offense more geared towards agressive scoring
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#18 » by Trader_Joe » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:24 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Trader_Joe wrote:I don't think Kenny will play Irving enough minutes to put up the gaudy stats needed for MVP, nor do I think we will be a to 5ish team that would warrant an MVP candidate. I also don't want the award in Irving's head. Team first goals all the way.

if we are relying on the like sof kurucs, allen, prince we are in huge trouble.

Kyrie and 4 guys from the YMCA is a 40 win team. we need him to stay healthy for 65+ games. even in 30 mnutes he should improve on last years already stellar numbers in a faster paced offense more geared towards agressive scoring

We know what we have with Irving, Dinwiddie, Harris and to a lesser extent LeVert. Our biggest weakness last year was up front and thus its critical see improvement at PF and C. Those guys are young enough to significantly improve and alter our fortunes.
Mikhail Prokhorov wrote:My posse usually needs another vacation after a vacation with me.
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#19 » by DarkXaero » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:02 am

Kyrie will probably play around 30 MPG, and PGs excel in our system under Kenny & put up their best numbers. Kyrie averaged 24/7 this past season on lower usage than D Lo. If we're not a top 5 team in the East next season, I'll be deeply disappointed. The 3rd seed is there for the taking, and if we stay healthy, we have a great chance at it.
Trader_Joe
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by Trader_Joe » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:04 am

DarkXaero wrote:

Kyrie will probably play around 30 MPG, and PGs excel in our system under Kenny & put up their best numbers. Kyrie averaged 24/7 this past season on lower usage than D Lo. If we're not a top 5 team in the East next season, I'll be deeply disappointed. The 3rd seed is there for the taking, and if we stay healthy, we have a great chance at it.

I mean top 5 overall. Top 5 East isn't that impressive. MVPs put up gaudy numbers on elite teams.

Return to Brooklyn Nets