ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1881 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:28 pm

Malika did an in depth profile on Bledsoe's struggles and what he's done to counter them before this years playoffs.

Read on Twitter
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1882 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:29 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
theFireBlanket wrote:

Jabari hardly ever played defense. Eric always does, nervous or not.

Yeah I’m not equating them as players. Bledsoe’s been open about his anxiety and it was apparent right away Jabari had something cooking. Maybe it’s just a learning disability? There’s some disconnect there. Just wondering how the Bucks view/handle the brains of their guys.

JS just did a profile on Bucks sports psychologist. Sounds he's not returning though.

Read on Twitter

Ahh missed that. Thanks.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#1883 » by mattg » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:34 pm

skones wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:looool at Gasol being rated so close to Lopez and also only 7 points lower than a guy we just handed a near max contract. :lol:

Middleton got hosed. Derozan, Booker, Mitchell, Lavine, McCollum, Lou Williams, Hield, Gallinari, Tatum, all rated higher despite none of those guys being better than him last season.

And Doncic, though I don't really have a gripe with that given what he did last season and projecting him forward.

Lopez also hosed, though his lack of box score stuffing obviously contributed.

Besides the fact that it seems no one in here fully understands that overall rating isn’t and hasn’t been the end all be all regarding how a player plays in 2k for almost a decade. I’d like to hear why Middleton was better than Lou Williams, Gallinari, Or Booker last year.
Zeezprah
Analyst
And1: 1,569

Post#1884 » by Zeezprah » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:24 pm

I actually that Middleton’s rating is about right. Bledsoe should be higher than Middleton.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,179

Post#1885 » by skones » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:26 pm

mattg wrote:
skones wrote:
Turk Nowitzki wrote:looool at Gasol being rated so close to Lopez and also only 7 points lower than a guy we just handed a near max contract. :lol:

Middleton got hosed. Derozan, Booker, Mitchell, Lavine, McCollum, Lou Williams, Hield, Gallinari, Tatum, all rated higher despite none of those guys being better than him last season.

And Doncic, though I don't really have a gripe with that given what he did last season and projecting him forward.

Besides the fact that it seems no one in here fully understands that overall rating isn’t and hasn’t been the end all be all regarding how a player plays in 2k for almost a decade. I’d like to hear why Middleton was better than Lou Williams, Gallinari, Or Booker last year.

Well for starters, RAPM rank:

Middleton 24th
Gallinari 48th
Williams 166th
Booker 435th

There are two sides to the floor. Middleton was a positive contributor on both ends, and he's the only one who was. People around here like to **** on Middleton for the player he isn't instead of appreciating the player he actually is. Is he worth his deal? No. Is he really **** good, yes.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,888

Post#1886 » by TGW » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:29 am

slos wrote:
TroyD92 wrote:Bledsoe isn’t getting you Beal. Dream on.

Well the offer proposed is Bledsoe to a third team and three FRPs. The problem is that the IND pick is lottery protected and that our two next available picks are in 2024 and 2026. Still I think some of DDV, Brown, Wilson has to be involved. Hopefully WAS is high on at least one of these players.

Nope, they aren't.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,048

Post#1887 » by MVP2110 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:33 am

Zeezprah wrote:I actually that Middleton’s rating is about right. Bledsoe should be higher than Middleton.

You think he's the 57th best player in the NBA?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,258

Post#1888 » by GBPackers47 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:55 am

MVP2110 wrote:
Zeezprah wrote:I actually that Middleton’s rating is about right. Bledsoe should be higher than Middleton.

Someone that made First Team All-Defense? Yea.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,609

Post#1889 » by blazza18 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:55 am

We thinking 2k looks at RAPM before deciding on their own player rankings?

Middleton is boring. That's essentially why those other guys are higher than him.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
mattg
General Manager
And1: 3,012

Post#1890 » by mattg » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:23 am

skones wrote:
mattg wrote:
skones wrote:

Middleton 24th
Gallinari 48th
Williams 166th
Booker 435th

There are two sides to the floor. Middleton was a positive contributor on both ends, and he's the only one who was. People around here like to **** on Middleton for the player he isn't instead of appreciating the player he actually is. Is he worth his deal? No. Is he really **** good, yes.

I mean are you’re gonna only use rapm as a strict ranking of who’s better? Really?
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,006

Post#1891 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:46 am

mattg wrote:
skones wrote:
mattg wrote:Besides the fact that it seems no one in here fully understands that overall rating isn’t and hasn’t been the end all be all regarding how a player plays in 2k for almost a decade. I’d like to hear why Middleton was better than Lou Williams, Gallinari, Or Booker last year.

Middleton 24th
Gallinari 48th
Williams 166th
Booker 435th

I mean are you’re gonna only use rapm as a strict ranking of who’s better? Really?

not a bad starting point honestly
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,048

Post#1892 » by MVP2110 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:11 am

GBPackers47 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Someone that made First Team All-Defense? Yea.

You said Middleton was about right. According to those ratings he would be tied for 57th
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,275

Post#1893 » by jakecronus8 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:21 am

In regards to the whole 2k rating thing, the ratings are naturally a composite of a multitude of skill ratings. My guess would be that it’d be hard to disagree with a ton of those individual skill ratings that make up his composite. He’s just average to good at a lot of things.
Do it for Chuck
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#1894 » by tski1972 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1895 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:09 pm

Welp, today’s Dragan Bender signing concludes our summer of 2019 roster suggestions. It’s been an absolute pleasure. Unless you freaks wanna go back and forth on some Exhibit 10 candidates...
Je K
Rookie
And1: 1,647

Post#1896 » by Je K » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:33 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Welp, today’s Dragan Bender signing concludes our summer of 2019 roster suggestions. It’s been an absolute pleasure. Unless you freaks wanna go back and forth on some Exhibit 10 candidates...

I can't **** believe we signed **** Luke Maye. He can't do ****. This is a classic Herb Kohl Exhibit 10 signing. If the owners (they're Billionaires with a B in case you forgot) would be willing to spend a little money, we could have gotten Aubrey Dawkins. Now you tell me who you'd rather have on that training camp deal. But instead, we're stuck with Luke **** Maye. Team is going to **** now that Lasry took over. Unbelievable. Classic Bucks treadmill move.
"We’re not dysfunctional."
-Alex Lasry
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1897 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:34 pm

Looks like my guy Jock Landale was in the running for the final spot until Bender signed. He’ll now head off to Lithuania/The Euroleague.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/911728/jock-landale-for-sure-i-will-play-for-zalgiris/
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1898 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:48 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Looks like my guy Jock Landale was in the running for the final spot until Bender signed. He’ll now head off to Lithuania/The Euroleague.

https://www.eurohoops.net/en/euroleague/911728/jock-landale-for-sure-i-will-play-for-zalgiris/

Then it was a good decision. From what I saw of SL, it was obvious Landale is not NBA material.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#1899 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:51 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:Looks like my guy Jock Landale was in the running for the final spot until Bender signed. He’ll now head off to Lithuania/The Euroleague.

Then it was a good decision. From what I saw of SL, it was obvious Landale is not NBA material.

Disagree but we’ll see. The Bucks obviously gave him strong consideration.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1900 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:14 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Disagree but we’ll see. The Bucks obviously gave him strong consideration.

Terrible athlete and he couldn't shoot unless he was completely set - which took him far too long to go against NBA teams. No way he can compete against NBA athletes.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams

Return to Milwaukee Bucks