ImageImageImageImageImage

Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Clips Acquire Paul George for SGA, Gallo, 5 First-Rounders and 2 Pick Swaps 

Post#161 » by esqtvd » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:45 am

I'll stick this here

there might be some question as to just who's #1 and who's #1a

a good problem to have :D
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Disgruntled in OKC 

Post#162 » by Ranma » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:31 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#163 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:31 am

PG already rocking his clipper gear with a big smile
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#164 » by Young Sterling » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 am

TheNewEra wrote:PG already rocking his clipper gear with a big smile

Honestly, is it me or does PG look really excited to be here? He was a Clipper Fan growing up. He imagined, hoped and dreamed of himself in a Clipper uni before the draft, only to be disappointed. Yet in the end, he not only comes back home, but to the team he watched and dreamed of playing for, and he gets to play with Kawhi Leonard, for Doc, West and Co. He's also coming off an MVP caliber season... If I were him I'd think this was God's plan and get pretty hyped.

Nobody should be surprised when this guy gets even better than last year, even after how good he was. :wink:
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#165 » by TheNewEra » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:26 am

Young Sterling wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:PG already rocking his clipper gear with a big smile

Honestly, is it me or does PG look really excited to be here? He was a Clipper Fan growing up. He imagined, hoped and dreamed of himself in a Clipper uni before the draft, only to be disappointed. Yet in the end, he not only comes back home, but to the team he watched and dreamed of playing for, and he gets to play with Kawhi Leonard, for Doc, West and Co. He's also coming off an MVP caliber season... If I were him I'd think this was God's plan and get pretty hyped.

Nobody should be surprised when this guy gets even better than last year, even after how good he was. :wink:

Yeah get the feeling he’s going to be way more pumped to be here. Kawhi seems to be enjoying it all.
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#166 » by Young Sterling » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:37 am

esqtvd wrote:I'll stick this here

there might be some question as to just who's #1 and who's #1a

a good problem to have :D

You know, in the PG's last game of the playoffs against Dame where Dame hits the dagger, PG was shooting 70% from the field, and Westbrook was shooting 31%. Then Westbrook decides to take the dumbest shot at the end which costs them the game, instead of deferring to PG13 who was on fire.

After KD left Westbrook's situation his talents were utilized better and people started to really accept that he was the best player. Doc's a great coach, and Kawhi is a willing passer. I was convinced Kawhi was the better player... but PG13 might become the offensive go to. :crazy:
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#167 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:20 am

George had an incredible season on both ends, he was 3rd in the MVP race for a reason. Kawhi has been consistently elite, while this was George's first ever season at that level, that's why people still has him a bit behind. But if George can maintain last season's level, he might not only be better than Kawhi, he might be in contention for best player in basketball.

Of course, with his surgeries, change of scenery, etc. there's reasonable doubt that he'll be able to keep this absurd level of play. Here's hoping he does.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#168 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:18 pm

So we reached out to see if Harden was available?
Beal too?

Exactly when did we think up the Paul George idea?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#169 » by TheNewEra » Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:24 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:So we reached out to see if Harden was available?
Beal too?

Exactly when did we think up the Paul George idea?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2846706-explosive-rumors-on-kawhis-free-agency-with-harden-beal-trade-clippers-lakers

The Clippers were reportedly told on July 3 that George wanted a trade from OKC, which set the wheels in motion for them to make a play for the six-time All-Star.

This could mean Kawhi was recruiting others and the clippers were trying to have a fall back in PG
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#170 » by mkwest » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:15 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#171 » by Forte IV » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:38 pm

It makes me so happy PG is here. After we all begged on this forum for the team to draft him. He's here. And he always wanted to be here.
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#172 » by mkwest » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:34 am

Why are teams moving first-round picks more than before?

• Prioritizing winning now - 9
  • Warriors' demise - 5
  • Rookie scale salary changes 3

Over the past few weeks, the Los Angeles Lakers (three first-rounders and one swap right), the LA Clippers (five first-round picks and two swap rights) and Houston Rockets (two first-round picks and two swap rights) sent out loads of draft assets in trades for Anthony Davis, Paul George and Russell Westbrook.

Why the change? Because teams have decided that winning now is worth potentially mortgaging the future. The combination of shorter contracts and increased player movement has shortened title windows -- and created a sense of urgency to strike when they arrive.

"Shorter-term contracts for the star players gives them the leverage, and so now there is pressure that these stars want better players, not young rookies that are great for team building," said a Western Conference executive, who pointed at the lack of young players on teams with LeBron James over the years as an example of this playing out previously.

There was one other rather obvious thing that changed this summer, as well, that was pointed to as a possible catalyst: the fact the Warriors are no longer ruling over the league as a seemingly unbeatable foe, keeping teams from thinking it was the right time to swing for the fences.

"Would this have happened if the Warriors are still the Warriors?" an Eastern Conference executive wondered. "There are five to 10 teams that are really, really good, so those teams are thinking, 'Why not us?'"

"You basically would have been stupid to do that a couple years ago."

Tim Bontemps, ESPN

Read on Twitter

Kawhi and the Clippers top a few of the categories.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#173 » by playaloc916 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:38 pm

Forte IV wrote:It makes me so happy PG is here. After we all begged on this forum for the team to draft him. He's here. And he always wanted to be here.

Al Farouq Aminu :nonono:

I guess you can't with them all... the other close pick that went in our favor was picking Eric Gordon instead of Jerryd Bayless, who I think was also being considered.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#174 » by nickhx2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:00 pm

i think at the time i thought both were pretty close, but i was hoping for paul george since he said he was a clippers fan.

my how things would have changed.
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#175 » by Forte IV » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:50 pm

playaloc916 wrote:
Forte IV wrote:It makes me so happy PG is here. After we all begged on this forum for the team to draft him. He's here. And he always wanted to be here.

Al Farouq Aminu :nonono:

I guess you can't with them all... the other close pick that went in our favor was picking Eric Gordon instead of Jerryd Bayless, who I think was also being considered.

I really wanted OJ Mayo lol
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#176 » by nickhx2 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:58 pm

who didn't, though?

and at the time people thought the wolves were nuts for trading mayo for love.
Ranma
RealGM

Seizing on Opportunity When It Presents Itself 

Post#177 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 1, 2019 11:02 am

Jovan Buha & Sam Amick (with Shams Charania contributing), TheAthletic.com (7/23/19)

‘We Have a Deal Ready. Are You In?’ Inside the Clippers’ Pursuit of Kawhi Leonard and Paul George
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#178 » by Akklaim1 » Thu Aug 1, 2019 12:44 pm

I want a PG jersey but I suffer from triskaedekaphobia.
Ranma
RealGM

NBA 2K20 Favors Cover Boy and His Team in Trailer 

Post#179 » by Ranma » Thu Aug 1, 2019 3:59 pm

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM

HoopsHype Podcast with Buha 

Post#180 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 5, 2019 3:32 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers