Draft talk all year round

Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Re: Marcos "Didi" Louzada 

Post#21 » by jman3134 » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:38 am

I saw your post about Givony's tweet. I was referring to the rumors prior to draft day that he was a Europe stash. I don't watch any NBL, but I imagine it is a better situation than Europe and they play more young guys (Ferguson for example). You would be best able to give us some perspective as to whether the pace suits his development as a transition player.

I don't believe he would receive many minutes on the Pelicans immediately, but the G League would/will be great for him.
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#22 » by GimmeDat » Tue Jul 9, 2019 5:42 am

jman3134 wrote:I saw your post about Givony's tweet. I was referring to the rumors prior to draft day that he was a Europe stash. I don't watch any NBL, but I imagine it is a better situation than Europe and they play more young guys (Ferguson for example). You would be best able to give us some perspective as to whether the pace suits his development as a transition player.

I don't believe he would receive many minutes on the Pelicans immediately, but the G League would/will be great for him.

Think the reason he didn't go G-League is because the Pels don't have a team yet. Otherwise I would guess that's what they would've done.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#23 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Jul 9, 2019 10:18 pm

Hell of a first impression for me. NAW and Didi both look so quick and aggressive on defense.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
jman3134
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,308

Post#24 » by jman3134 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:16 am

In my follow up to LINK, I discuss Marcos "Didi" Louzada's Summer League performance for the New Orleans Pelicans. In keeping with New Orleans' plans to draft-and-stash Louzada, Didi signed a contract with the Sydney Kings of the NBL just over a week ago (LINK) as part of the league's Rising Star program.

In Summer League action, Didi Louzada far and away exceeded expectations, exhibiting the supreme lateral quickness that makes him an elite defensive prospect and showcasing new wrinkles in his game. While I previously anticipated that he would need to make some adjustments strength wise in order to contend at an NBA level, Didi appeared comfortable defending in summer league and was often tasked with shutting down the opposing team's top offensive weapon. He fought hard through screens, displayed active hands in passing lanes, did not overextend on closeouts, and generally proved that he is ready to compete on this end as soon as he enters the league. While he only recorded 1.5 steals per game in summer league action, he was responsible for many more deflections. As such, it is clear that Didi's defensive production (as measured by blocks and steals) clearly understates his impact on this end of the floor, with Louzada's on-ball disruption wreaking havoc and generating many more turnovers (than indicated by these metrics). Didi proved to be a capable help defender as well, utilizing great awareness and trapping the ball. After generating turnovers, Didi was able to leak ahead in transition and finish at the basket. Further, Didi was effective on the defensive glass, chasing down loose balls and pushing the tempo.

While Didi struggled finishing through contact during the NBB season, Louzada utilized his fast twitch quickness and elusiveness to drive by defenders out in transition in Summer League. Overall, he did a better job finishing strong at the rim, underscored by some rather acrobatic layups through multiple defenders. Didi was effective putting the ball on the floor throughout, and his ball protection was a lot better than most gave him credit for coming in. With that said, he still was rattled by NBA traps at times. In order to better equip himself moving forward, Didi should continue to develop his hesitation moves so that he can better create for himself and others at the NBA level. With that said, Didi unveiled two new wrinkles to his dribble drive game (which were not evident in the NBB) - an effective jab step and in-and-out dribble move, both of which caught defenders off balance.

Full Article: http://jtmbasketball.blogspot.com/2019/07/marcos-didi-louzada-summer-league.html

Return to NBA Draft