ImageImageImage

Welcome Trey Burke

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer
And1: 522

Re: Welcome Trey Burke 

Post#21 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:11 am

Lol where's all the EB haters at these days? Because i'm old enough to remember folks slandering him a few minutes into free agency the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:
sixers_simmons
Junior
And1: 275

Post#22 » by sixers_simmons » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:18 am

is he the first ever Alfonso to play for the Sixers
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#23 » by ckchen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:31 am

PhillyPhilly wrote:Lol where's all the EB haters at these days? Because i'm old enough to remember folks slandering him a few minutes into free agency the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're still here. Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Or that this was somehow his grand plan? That he needed to save money and roster space to sign a couple of guys apparently no one else wanted for minimum deals? Seems more like this was his plan B & C moves after he lost out on Korver, anyway. Most people's problems with EB were never about free agency but how he handled the draft and trades. I don't see how signing Trey Burke somehow magically erases any of that.
PhilasFinest
RealGM
And1: 3,581

Post#24 » by PhilasFinest » Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:49 am

Burke fills a huge need on this roster....he can score the ball and create a shot by himself. IDK how much they will look to utilize him with Neto in the mix as well, but Burke could possibly be the best offensive option off the bench on the roster right now in terms of putting the ball in the basket. I actually think his game fits our teams needs bigger then a Kyle Korver.

if you give him the green light and surround him with defensive minded, 3/D athletes who can hit spot up 3’s and finish off cuts & in transition (Zhaire/Thybulle/Ennis), I think he can absolutely be a spark plug off the bench and be that scorer we have lacked for awhile.
SparksFly87 wrote:Towns got boat feet and gets off the ground very slow with a lack of explosiveness . He is a rich mans Henry Sims to me. No thanks .
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#25 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:20 am

ckchen wrote:
PhillyPhilly wrote:Lol where's all the EB haters at these days? Because i'm old enough to remember folks slandering him a few minutes into free agency the other day :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're still here. Am I supposed to be impressed by this? Or that this was somehow his grand plan? That he needed to save money and roster space to sign a couple of guys apparently no one else wanted for minimum deals? Seems more like this was his plan B & C moves after he lost out on Korver, anyway. Most people's problems with EB were never about free agency but how he handled the draft and trades. I don't see how signing Trey Burke somehow magically erases any of that.

We have the BEST roster we've had in twenty plus years and probably the best starting five In the league and you're STILL not happy? OOPS, I forgot that some folks seem to think Hinkie would have no doubt done better :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#26 » by Wilfried » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:46 am

Nice add. Fills a need and we can use his scoring off our bench.

Really like our bench now with Burke/Zhaire/Thybulle/Scott/Ennis/O'Quinn ...

Very nice mix off experience/athleticism/decent shooting/toughness/youth/...

Will help us a lot during RS
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#27 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:50 am

This is the biggest steal of free agency. This dude has developed a big time NBA game. He just has been mostly unlucky and hasn't had a team commit to him the past 2 years.
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#28 » by USWAY » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:59 am

Would've liked Korver over Kork but all things said, really nice off-season for our front office. Love the mix of young, defensive wings with projectable shots, tough vets with great size, and now two PG who can shoot and score the basketball from the bench. I like it
USWAY
Sixth Man
And1: 1,140

Post#29 » by USWAY » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:11 am

I also like that between Scott, Ennis, Neto, Burke, Thybulle, and Zhaire (leaving out O'Quinn for this one) the lowest career 3PT FG% is Burke at 34% I've always said that if you're buidling around JoJo and Ben, every other player on the roster needs to be able to shoot. Looks like we've finally moved in that direction
PhillyPhilly
Bench Warmer

Post#30 » by PhillyPhilly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:43 am

Wilfried wrote:Nice add. Fills a need and we can use his scoring off our bench.

Really like our bench now with Burke/Zhaire/Thybulle/Scott/Ennis/O'Quinn ...

Very nice mix off experience/athleticism/decent shooting/toughness/youth/...

Will help us a lot during RS

Don't forget Bolden too. People seem to forget that he was a rookie last season and imo he showed decent potential. Especially with blocks and his three point shots. Just needs to keep on improving and who knows how far he could go? Add In Korkmaz and Shake and our bench has nine guys who can contribute in many different ways.
nycphils
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#31 » by nycphils » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:36 am

A selected (incomplete) list of PGs with lower PERs than Trey Burke this past season:

Kyle Lowry
Jamal Murray
Terrance Ross
Reggie Jackson
Spencer Dinwiddie
Ricky Rubio
Goron Dragic
DaSixers
Pro Prospect
And1: 227

Post#32 » by DaSixers » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:28 pm

this is such a good signing, for many reasons

Fills that lou williams lite role that I wanted from carsen, but at this point in his career he is ready to contribute more than carsen is

he has an extremely low turnover rate for a creating type player like himself

he is very good in the PnR, something we really lack outside of harris, and him coming off the bench gives us a guy who can score and create for himself or others that we did not have at all prior

no offense to Neto, but I think burkes upside for us is way higher, we have a legit 6th player on this team that can score on his own, and now another player than can play PnR with embiid that teams have to respect coming off the screen

this is big time, even for a minimum guy. Burke has really improved his game and doesnt even turn 27 until November

he is now on a winning team for the first time in his career, we can mask some of his weaknesses, he just needs to put in the effort, and play to his role, which I think he will

we also get a A.I. look alike clone both in looks and in game similarities (albeit no where close to as good as AI obviously)
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#33 » by 76ciology » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:35 pm

PhillyPhilly wrote:
ckchen wrote:

We have the BEST roster we've had in twenty plus years and probably the best starting five In the league and you're STILL not happy? OOPS, I forgot that some folks seem to think Hinkie would have no doubt done better :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are some teams where players would demand trades to play for. We are not one of those teams.

Some of you have been a sixers fan longer than I do. But from what Ive seen, we’re never the bride and always the bridesmaid. The option B. Elton knows it best when he has to settled for us after Sterling lowballed him.

That said, Elton has done a great job with the cards he has dealt with.

Elton was one shot away from being last year’s EOY. IF kawhi missed that shot... think about it.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#34 » by Wilfried » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:41 pm

He has a great assist/TO ratio indeed
LloydFree
RealGM
And1: 11,567
Location: Somewhere near the Jersey Turnpike, between exit 4 and 15E

Post#35 » by LloydFree » Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:49 pm

PhilasFinest wrote:Burke fills a huge need on this roster....he can score the ball and create a shot by himself. IDK how much they will look to utilize him with Neto in the mix as well, but Burke could possibly be the best offensive option off the bench on the roster right now in terms of putting the ball in the basket. I actually think his game fits our teams needs bigger then a Kyle Korver.

if you give him the green light and surround him with defensive minded, 3/D athletes who can hit spot up 3’s and finish off cuts & in transition (Zhaire/Thybulle/Ennis), I think he can absolutely be a spark plug off the bench and be that scorer we have lacked for awhile.

One of them will likely be used as salary filler for a trade at the deadline.
Fischella wrote:I think none of you guys that are pro-Embiid no how basketball works today.. is way easier to win it all with Omer Asik than Olajuwon.
Actually if you ask me which Center I want for my perfect championship caliber team, I will chose Asik hands down
sixers78
Senior
And1: 116

Post#36 » by sixers78 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:07 pm

Cool addition but man you guys are talking up a guy who hasn’t played more than 60 games in 3 seasons. And finally got a 1yr deal late July. Unless I’m missing a joke here
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#37 » by Da ThRONe » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:44 pm

sixers78 wrote:Cool addition but man you guys are talking up a guy who hasn’t played more than 60 games in 3 seasons. And finally got a 1yr deal late July. Unless I’m missing a joke here

Look closer into his numbers the past couple of years. Then go watch his highlights. GM make terrible moves all the time that doesn't speak to the quality of the player. I look at the insanely awful deal Terry Rozier got and wonder how some of these GM's even get their jobs. Burke just two seasons ago when given free reign played at an All-star level for the end of the season. Knicks just decided to tear it all down the following season and go with a youth movement.
ckchen
Veteran
And1: 574

Post#38 » by ckchen » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:55 pm

76ciology wrote:There are some teams where players would demand trades to play for. We are not one of those teams.

Some of you have been a sixers fan longer than I do. But from what Ive seen, we’re never the bride and always the bridesmaid. The option B. Elton knows it best when he has to settled for us after Sterling lowballed him.

Elton was one shot away from being last year’s EOY. IF kawhi missed that shot... think about it.

Not sure where you came up with this idea - as he was 14th in league voting for EOY, which is very much the definition of middle of the pack. Masai Ujiri actually WON the title and still was only 4th in voting for EOY. i would argue that EB hasn't really done all that much more with the cards he was dealt with than anyone else, he was just dealt a much better stack of cards.
Eyeamok
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,418

Re: Welcome Alfonso Clark Burke 

Post#39 » by Eyeamok » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:56 pm

ProcessDoctor wrote:OP why did you make this thread as confusing as possible?

Just say Welcome Trey Burke, link Shams, and post actual pictures of Trey Burke.

It's the summer time es Normal mi amigo.
The Accession of Paul Reed is upon us !

You want it to be one way....but it's the other way.

Marlo
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,042

Post#40 » by Sixerscan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:09 pm

ckchen wrote:
76ciology wrote:There are some teams where players would demand trades to play for. We are not one of those teams.

Not sure where you came up with this idea - as he was 14th in league voting for EOY, which is very much the definition of middle of the pack. Masai Ujiri actually WON the title and still was only 4th in voting for EOY. i would argue that EB hasn't really done all that much more with the cards he was dealt with than anyone else, he was just dealt a much better stack of cards.

I’m pretty sure they vote for the award before the playoffs start.

Anyway a guy getting the executive of the year award when he wasn’t even in the job until the offseason was over doesn’t seem very likely.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers