2019 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Re: 2019 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#141 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Landsberger wrote:Why do we have a trade thread with 7 pages when we don't really have anyone or picks to trade and we haven't played even a scrimmage with the team we just signed?

Realgmers are gonna RealGM
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,153

Post#142 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:56 am

snaquille oatmeal wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Why do we have a trade thread with 7 pages when we don't really have anyone or picks to trade and we haven't played even a scrimmage with the team we just signed?

I think the trade thread should be locked ... I don't think there will be any trades until maybe the trade deadline

Pretty much say the same about the free agency thread as I think our team is set the only new players that might and I say might come - Melo, CP3 I really hope we don't get cp3 - I'd go all in on melo b4 CP3

Q) how many spots are left?
Bring back Defense
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#143 » by stan francisco » Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:28 pm

SlimShady83 wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:

I think the trade thread should be locked ... I don't think there will be any trades until maybe the trade deadline

Pretty much say the same about the free agency thread as I think our team is set the only new players that might and I say might come - Melo, CP3 I really hope we don't get cp3 - I'd go all in on melo b4 CP3

Q) how many spots are left?

I don’t like CP3 either but if we for pennies on the dollar can add any top 50 player, we have to do it. No matter how little you and I like him and his phony jumping into people when you shoot strategy. No Melo if you ask me.

How soon can we trade KCP? Did he get a NTC? We have too many half-assed guards. Cook only plays one end.

I think we might want to trade KCP, Cook and one more guard. Hopefully for Iggy but any other two-way wing defender vet is more needed than another high % chucking one-way guard.

Lol, passing it forward: How many spots are left?
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#144 » by nzahir » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:58 am

Why would we lock this thread? People want to throw out random ideas

Nothing can happen though for about 5 months really. I wonder if we move a couple of these guards for 1 better guard or a forward
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#145 » by stan francisco » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:27 pm

nzahir wrote:Why would we lock this thread? People want to throw out random ideas

Nothing can happen though for about 5 months really. I wonder if we move a couple of these guards for 1 better guard or a forward

KCP and filler guards for Iggy.
ShowtimeFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 63

Post#146 » by ShowtimeFan » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:30 am

No trades before Feb-2020.

Let's see how this team works together...!
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by stan francisco » Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Pardon an ignorant question but do we still have Lance on the roster? I thought he was dropped. If so, I will have to change my rotations at SF.

Edit: If so, at the trade deadline, Lance and KCP for Iggy.
nzahir
RealGM
And1: 4,643

Post#148 » by nzahir » Sat Jul 27, 2019 8:55 pm

stan francisco wrote:Pardon an ignorant question but do we still have Lance on the roster? I thought he was dropped. If so, I will have to change my rotations at SF.

Edit: If so, at the trade deadline, Lance and KCP for Iggy.

No he was a FA
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#149 » by zuju » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Just some very random thourhgt
If somehow we have a chance to swap Danny Green for Brandon Ingram the coming trade deadline in Feb 2020, will you do it?
Pelicans, aka Jrue's team, have Zion as the major piece to develop and Lonzo as the floor general
I will not be shocked if Ingram doesn't have much chance this season.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#150 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:18 pm

zuju wrote:Just some very random thourhgt
If somehow we have a chance to swap Danny Green for Brandon Ingram the coming trade deadline in Feb 2020, will you do it?
Pelicans, aka Jrue's team, have Zion as the major piece to develop and Lonzo as the floor general

I would do it in a heartbeat. Especially if Ingram plays like before he got injured and if Green plays like the Danny Green of 2019 NBA finals. Ingram has a lot more room for improvement while Danny Green will be on a decline soon.
TJM217
Pro Prospect
And1: 242

Post#151 » by TJM217 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:48 pm

zuju wrote:Just some very random thourhgt

That’s a great question I guess it Depends. If you want to invest a little into the future then trading for BI is a good idea. For a win now approach you keep DG. Green fits this team so well it’s hard to give him up. Even with a crappy finals you have to guard him so he spaces the floor so well. Going back to the clusterF spacing that Kuz, BI and rondo provided last year would be tough to watch.
Lake Show Baby!!!

Return to Los Angeles Lakers