ImageImage

GREEN and HOUSE back in EFFECT

Moderators: ken6199, TMU

BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

GREEN and HOUSE back in EFFECT 

Post#1 » by BallerTalk » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:05 pm

Gerald Green and Danuel House are both returning to the Rockets.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Re: GREEN and HOUSE back in EFFECT 

Post#2 » by jwise44 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:39 pm

I like it, green loves it there and I love him...love house, a lot

I wish we would do something exciting, though...if we’re just running it back we have to get rivers back
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#3 » by YoungMoney23 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:48 am

jwise44 wrote:I like it, green loves it there and I love him...love house, a lot

I wish we would do something exciting, though...if we’re just running it back we have to get rivers back

Was kinda hoping we'd let green go, all he can do these days is shoot and when hes cold - hes pointless to have. Lets hope House plays with the same energy he did last season when we was playing for a contract, cause he was another great Morey find.
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,557

Post#4 » by ken6199 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:21 pm

House on 3/11m is like Parsons on 900k. Obviously he won't be as good as a young Parsons (in regular season, it's close), but if House can turn into a 80% of Parsons during the next 3 years and stay healthy, we have a solid starting SF.

Strong, quick, confident, can shoot, just gotta man up and not chicken out in the post season.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#5 » by ken6199 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:23 pm

And G Green obviously loves here. I think that week his kid got sick in Boston he had to fly back and we offered him a chance back to the NBA out of nowhere really meant a big deal to him, and he is the kind of guy who will repay back you with dedication. Great for that locker room.

Still remember his took a $25k fine and threw that punch for Paul.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#6 » by ken6199 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 9:39 pm

This combo will also mean two things.

1) We can officially give CP3 the Kawhi type load management. I hope this is also part of their pitch to Rivers to promise him a big role.

2) I hope they start House and put EG back to the bench. It's a win-win. EG might not be happy coming off the bench in his contract year, so it's up to the coaching group to carve a role for EG with the 2nd unit to again make him an elite 6MOY candidate.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#7 » by BallerTalk » Mon Jul 1, 2019 10:45 pm

YoungMoney23 wrote:
jwise44 wrote:I like it, green loves it there and I love him...love house, a lot

Was kinda hoping we'd let green go, all he can do these days is shoot and when hes cold - hes pointless to have. Lets hope House plays with the same energy he did last season when we was playing for a contract, cause he was another great Morey find.

And that is exactly why he's there.
The great thing is that he knows, accepts, and embraces his role and rarely tries to do anything outside of that. Also you will never hear him complain about shots, touches, or minutes...ever.
Add that his teammates really like him and the fans adore him. He's in that pantheon of Rockets fan faves with Mario, Moochie, Chuckwagon and Bev.

The real bonus though is that he is capable of getting really hot in a handful of games during an 82 game season when his impact can turn an L into a W.
That is HUGE coming off a season where 4 games meant the difference between the 1st seed and the 4th seed.

Considering fit and familiarity, Gerald Green on a vet minimum salary is a pretty good get for an 8th-12th man on the roster.
-
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets

Post#8 » by ken6199 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:07 pm

And MDA seems to have a pretty good feel on Green who now enters his 3rd year with the coach. If Green goes cold, he sits him real quick (with no complaints). If Green gets hot, he goes sizzling hot. If you watch his boxscore, most of his cold nights he plays like 5-10 minutes.

From top of my mind I can already recall a handful of games where Green pretty much kept us in the game in the 2nd/3rd quarter with 3-4 threes in a row, and that 2nd quarter in game 2 @ GSW I think.

I am nothing but happy to have him back.
YoungMoney23
Starter
And1: 138

Post#9 » by YoungMoney23 » Mon Jul 1, 2019 11:41 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
YoungMoney23 wrote:

And that is exactly why he's there.
The great thing is that he knows, accepts, and embraces his role and rarely tries to do anything outside of that. Also you will never hear him complain about shots, touches, or minutes...ever.
Add that his teammates really like him and the fans adore him. He's in that pantheon of Rockets fan faves with Mario, Moochie, Chuckwagon and Bev.

The real bonus though is that he is capable of getting really hot in a handful of games during an 82 game season when his impact can turn an L into a W.
That is HUGE coming off a season where 4 games meant the difference between the 1st seed and the 4th seed.

Considering fit and familiarity, Gerald Green on a vet minimum salary is a pretty good get for an 8th-12th man on the roster.

Don't forget Carl Landry - A fan favorite for sure
A Blog on the unsolved - http://coldcasefiles.wordpress.com/
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by BallerTalk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:29 pm

This "GreenHouse Effect" nickname has taken on a life of its own...and no one will ever believe it started here first.
-
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#11 » by TMU » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:30 am

BallerTalk wrote:

This "GreenHouse Effect" nickname has taken on a life of its own...and no one will ever believe it started here first.

Are you Daryl Morey?
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#12 » by red96 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:20 pm

TMU wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Are you Daryl Morey?

I'd bet $ Morey has an account, on CF at least.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
ALPHAandOMEGA
Rookie
And1: 320

Post#13 » by ALPHAandOMEGA » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 pm

red96 wrote:
TMU wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Are you Daryl Morey?

Read on Twitter

lurking somewhere at least in 2014....
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by BallerTalk » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:57 pm

red96 wrote:
Spoiler:
TMU wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:

Are you Daryl Morey?

Morey certainly follows CF as does Matt Bullard.
Bullard also lurks on RealGM...that's how he lifted "GreenHouse Effect". :wink:
-

Return to Houston Rockets