ImageImage

2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,176
And1: 8,453
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1901 » by Chuck Diesel » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:17 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Then it was a good decision. From what I saw of SL, it was obvious Landale is not NBA material.


Disagree but we’ll see. The Bucks obviously gave him strong consideration.

Terrible athlete and he couldn't shoot unless he was completely set - which took him far too long to go against NBA teams. No way he can compete against NBA athletes.


Bet he plays at least six seasons in the NBA. Loser sends an Outback Steakhouse gift card? :wink:
Ruzious
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 38,248
And1: 5,383
Joined: Jul 17, 2001
       

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1902 » by Ruzious » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
Chuck Diesel wrote:
Disagree but we’ll see. The Bucks obviously gave him strong consideration.

Terrible athlete and he couldn't shoot unless he was completely set - which took him far too long to go against NBA teams. No way he can compete against NBA athletes.


Bet he plays at least six seasons in the NBA. Loser sends an Outback Steakhouse gift card? :wink:

I'd like if winner and loser get Outback Steakhouse gift cards. RealGM owes us something, right? :nod:
"Look, you never know when you may need to borrow a cup of sugar, maybe some milk or a handgun" - Dan C. from Texas
MVP2110
Pro Prospect
Posts: 917
And1: 243
Joined: Jun 28, 2012
Location: Appleton WI
       

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1903 » by MVP2110 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:15 pm

So now that our 15 man roster is set? What is our garbage time lineup? Feel like we should destroy some teams in garbage time

DDV
Pat
Brown
DJ
Ersan

Assuming Thanasis & Bender are inactive or with the Herd. Obviously fill them in if someone is hurt
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
4xBuck
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,434
And1: 245
Joined: Sep 07, 2009

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1904 » by 4xBuck » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:50 pm

MJSonline wrote:Roster update:
With Kyle Korver, who signed his one-year contract Thursday, and Bender, who has yet to sign, this will be the Bucks' updated roster when Bender puts pen to paper as expected:


Giannis Antetokounmpo: 1/2/3/4*/5

Thanasis Antetokounmpo: 2/3*/4

Dragan Bender: 4/5*

Eric Bledsoe: 1

Sterling Brown: 2/3*/4

Pat Connaughton: 2*/3

Donte DiVincenzo: 1/2

George Hill: 1*/2

Ersan Ilyasova: 4*/5

Kyle Korver: 2/3

Brook Lopez: 5

Robin Lopez: 5

Frank Mason III (TW contract): 1

Wes Matthews: 2*/3

Khris Middleton: 2/3

Cam Reynolds (TW contract): 3*/4

D.J. Wilson: 4*/5

* notes primary position.
Italic notes sub package position.


:lift:
User avatar
Pachinko_
RealGM
Posts: 11,587
And1: 10,556
Joined: Jun 13, 2016
Location: Greece/Australia
   

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1905 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:16 pm

I think the Bucks are about the same as last year, and will make the ECF again, but then will be the underdogs against the Sixers.
If there are two guys in the League I'd pick to guard Giannis it's Embiid and Horford, and now they have the luxury of taking turns guarding him.
User avatar
Chapter29
RealGM
Posts: 14,485
And1: 1,144
Joined: Jul 08, 2005
Location: Wauwatosa, WI
   

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1906 » by Chapter29 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:33 pm

We added Lopez and Lopez for this very reason. Heck we can play Giannis at SF to try and avoid these guys if need be. We have a ton of FC size to match these dudes. Lets go. They wont stay healthy is my guess and Horford already done got his butt kicked by Giannis. He can come get some more.... :)
Giannis
is
UponUs
Matches Malone
RealGM
Posts: 15,287
And1: 7,174
Joined: Nov 23, 2005
Location: Latveria
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1907 » by Matches Malone » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm not too worried about Horford trying to guard Giannis one on one. He's already overcome that obstacle. Embiid could provide issues, but what I'm looking for are the guys around Giannis to step up. Toronto basically had two or three guys covering Giannis all game and nobody wanted to step up and make shots for us. I'd imagine other teams will employ a similar style of defensive in the playoffs and we need guys to make shots this time.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
leroyjw10
Rookie
Posts: 1,195
And1: 783
Joined: Oct 27, 2016
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1908 » by leroyjw10 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Matches Malone wrote:I'm not too worried about Horford trying to guard Giannis one on one. He's already overcome that obstacle. Embiid could provide issues, but what I'm looking for are the guys around Giannis to step up. Toronto basically had two or three guys covering Giannis all game and nobody wanted to step up and make shots for us. I'd imagine other teams will employ a similar style of defensive in the playoffs and we need guys to make shots this time.


Agreed. Giannis can singlehandedly get the Bucks to the ECF. Somebody else -- namely Bledsoe and/or Middleton -- will need to really step up from there.
Bucksfan28
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,947
And1: 1,937
Joined: Nov 15, 2009

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1909 » by Bucksfan28 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:59 pm

It'd be nice if Brook's 3P% also doesn't drop 9-10% come playoff time.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
User avatar
Ron Swanson
RealGM
Posts: 13,848
And1: 8,769
Joined: May 15, 2013

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1910 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:18 pm

I don't know if there's a bigger myth in the league than this idea that Horford and Embiid are the best equipped players to defend Giannis. Just look at the last two series against Boston and his RS numbers this year against Philly when Embiid "guards" him.
User avatar
truly
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,360
And1: 1,143
Joined: Feb 05, 2016
   

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1911 » by truly » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:31 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know if there's a bigger myth in the league than this idea that Horford and Embiid are the best equipped players to defend Giannis. Just look at the last two series against Boston and his RS numbers this year against Philly when Embiid "guards" him.



Horford is one of the best defenders against Giannis.His problem is that he is old and can't keep it up for multiple games.

Embiid's stats against Giannis are also "misleading" since he was guarding him 1 on 1 something that rarely happens.There was that disingenuous stat after the toronto series that had Kawhi as the best Giannis defender and Embiid as the worst when one played him one on one and the other had 4 guys behind him.

The problem with the Horford Embiid duo is when they put Horford on him to push him around and have Embiid waiting behind him to block his shot(similar to what Miami used to do with whiteside).That can really shut Giannis down.
Baddy Chuck wrote:
Oscar71 wrote:
Did you really just post a lineup with the starting 2 guard being JR Smith?

Our actual management posted a lineup with the starting 2 guard being Tony Snell.
User avatar
BuckHole
Veteran
Posts: 2,649
And1: 981
Joined: Jul 11, 2005
Location: VIP room at Drackenberg's Cigar Bar
 

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1912 » by BuckHole » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:37 pm

I’m excited about our roster and ready for the season to start. Yeah!!!
I admit to being a terrible judge of talent and having minimal knowledge of the game of basketball.
AKA Da Thread Killa
User avatar
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
Posts: 13,695
And1: 2,277
Joined: Jun 27, 2006
Location: Section 212 - Raising havoc in Squad 6

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1913 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:I think the Bucks are about the same as last year, and will make the ECF again, but then will be the underdogs against the Sixers.
If there are two guys in the League I'd pick to guard Giannis it's Embiid and Horford, and now they have the luxury of taking turns guarding him.

Really curious to see how well Horford ages. He a few weeks shy of 34 by the time the ECF comes around. Not sure how he does in a 7 game series especially if its 7 games in 13 nights like this past year. (Then again I thought Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, etc would have slowed down in later games) :(
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
Posts: 15,176
And1: 8,453
Joined: May 23, 2004

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1914 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:32 pm

Think the Heat are going to contend for a top 4 seed. Could see then jumping Boston, Indy. Maybe even Philly if they stay healthy. Expecting a huge leap from Bam with Whiteside finally out of his way.
User avatar
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 16,669
And1: 3,958
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1915 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:39 pm

if teams try to go big and slow as balls against us to stop Giannis then our Matthews/Korver pcikups are going to look really really savvy
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,494
And1: 17,324
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1916 » by emunney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:42 pm

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if teams try to go big and slow as balls against us to stop Giannis then our Matthews/Korver pcikups are going to look really really savvy


Korver trailing in transition with teams hustling back to wall off Giannis...
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
Isocleas2
Starter
Posts: 2,197
And1: 141
Joined: Nov 04, 2005
Location: Whitewater, WI

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1917 » by Isocleas2 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:44 pm

The east outside of Philly and Milwaukee is about as weak as I can remember it being, 50 wins gets you the 3 seed maybe.
soxperry
Pro Prospect
Posts: 830
And1: 444
Joined: Jul 08, 2018
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1918 » by soxperry » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:45 pm

truly wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I don't know if there's a bigger myth in the league than this idea that Horford and Embiid are the best equipped players to defend Giannis. Just look at the last two series against Boston and his RS numbers this year against Philly when Embiid "guards" him.



Horford is one of the best defenders against Giannis.His problem is that he is old and can't keep it up for multiple games.

Embiid's stats against Giannis are also "misleading" since he was guarding him 1 on 1 something that rarely happens.There was that disingenuous stat after the toronto series that had Kawhi as the best Giannis defender and Embiid as the worst when one played him one on one and the other had 4 guys behind him.

The problem with the Horford Embiid duo is when they put Horford on him to push him around and have Embiid waiting behind him to block his shot(similar to what Miami used to do with whiteside).That can really shut Giannis down.


The problem with this strategy for Phillly seems to be Brook Lopez. With him camped out on the three point line, that would appear to take one of those two out of the paint. And unlike Toronto, Philly isn't deep enough to go small ball and play Lopez off the floor. I love our chances this year.
User avatar
emunney
RealGM
Posts: 47,494
And1: 17,324
Joined: Feb 22, 2005
Location: where takes go to be pampered

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1919 » by emunney » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Imagine sprinting down the floor to cover the rim and watching Korver stroll into a wide open 3.
NY Daily News wrote:Eddy Curry claims he slept for only two hours Sunday night because he couldn't stop thinking about ghosts.
User avatar
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
Posts: 16,669
And1: 3,958
Joined: Jan 21, 2007
Location: NC
     

Re: 2019 Bucks Off Season Thread - Trades, Transactions - Korver Signs 

Post#1920 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:53 pm

emunney wrote:
GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:if teams try to go big and slow as balls against us to stop Giannis then our Matthews/Korver pcikups are going to look really really savvy


Korver trailing in transition with teams hustling back to wall off Giannis...


I already sense Korver is going to be Giannis fav target. them working out this offseason together is going to be good for that pairing

Return to Milwaukee Bucks