Post#441 » by Jerry Maine » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:12 am

"What're they gonna say now, boy?" - Wardell Stephen Curry, 16th June 2022
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#442 » by BW32 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:17 pm

Jerry Maine wrote:Cavs supposedly offered JR Smith for Iguodala

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :noway: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :nonono: :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-rumors-cavaliers-offered-j-181438275.html

Are you unaware his contract was mostly unguaranteed or something? There's nothing laughable about it unless they also wanted an unprotected pick like Memphis did.
statsman
Analyst
And1: 438

Post#443 » by statsman » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:38 pm

BW32 wrote:

:o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :crazy: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) :lol: :lol: :noway: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :nonono: :lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you unaware his contract was mostly unguaranteed or something? There's nothing laughable about it unless they also wanted an unprotected pick like Memphis did.

In what way would this trade have benefited the Warriors? Realizing of course even if the Warriors stretch waived JR, either DLo doesn't get traded to the Warriors, or Looney doesn't get his contract from the Warriors. The margin this offseason was that narrow. Hell, at the moment they can't even sign a full-year 15th man to the roster. Another $1.4M in dead cap doesn't help.
BW32
Lead Assistant
And1: 761

Post#444 » by BW32 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:00 pm

statsman wrote:
BW32 wrote:

In what way would this trade have benefited the Warriors? Realizing of course even if the Warriors stretch waived JR, either DLo doesn't get traded to the Warriors, or Looney doesn't get his contract from the Warriors. The margin this offseason was that narrow. Hell, at the moment they can't even sign a full-year 15th man to the roster. Another $1.4M in dead cap doesn't help.

If the price was straight up Andre then dumping a 4 (was it 4?) mil guarantee on the Grizz should have been cheaper than an unprotected first.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,205

Post#445 » by wco81 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:21 am

Tim Duncan joins the Spurs coaching staff.

You would think he wouldn't need the money an assistant coach makes.

Or is it a way to pay him for those years he took less than market to keep the Spurs in the window of contention?
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#446 » by azwfan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:14 am

wco81 wrote:Tim Duncan joins the Spurs coaching staff.

Or is it a way to pay him for those years he took less than market to keep the Spurs in the window of contention?

Or maybe he wants to coach and the Spurs think he'll be good at it?
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Post#447 » by Coxy » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:12 am

Didn't Timmy D get swindled by his manager back in the day? I don't think it wiped him out, but hit Tim in the pocket badly apparently.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#448 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 pm

azwfan wrote:

Or maybe he wants to coach and the Spurs think he'll be good at it?

Spurs supposedly offered job to Manu too.
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#449 » by Quazza » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:22 pm

Coxy wrote:

Didn't Timmy D get swindled by his manager back in the day? I don't think it wiped him out, but hit Tim in the pocket badly apparently.

Could be wrong but from memory was around 20 mill
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
wco81
RealGM

Post#450 » by wco81 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:52 pm

supposedly the league is looking at possible circumventions of the cap in this free agency period.

Lets see how much Timmy works. If he’s drawing a high salary for ceremonial position and he skips the grind of certain road trips, it will be suspicious.

Hey I’d be fine if Steph took a $20 million a year deal in his next contract and he gets a $2 million a year exec job doing what Al Attles did.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#451 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:15 pm

Anybody else think the Lakers are going to struggle?
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#452 » by KevinMcreynolds » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:08 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Anybody else think the Lakers are going to struggle?

Wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. I think they'll have injuries again and that supporting cast is terrible.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#453 » by Scoots1994 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:56 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if they missed the playoffs. I think they'll have injuries again and that supporting cast is terrible.

Lakers fans are upset they are not favored to win the title. I think most people don't realize that a TEAM matters and the system matters. LeBron has never played in a system other than the LeBron system, and he's not much of a TEAM guy.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#454 » by azwfan » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:01 am

Define struggle.
I'd be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs.
I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't a top 2 seed in the West.

*health permitting of course (Lebron and AD)
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#455 » by Coxy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:09 am

The challenge now put in front of Lebron is enough for him to will them to the playoffs. I wonder what an off season filming Space Jam like an MJ wannabe will do for his preparation though.
wco81
RealGM

Post#456 » by wco81 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:55 am

Barring injuries, it’s hard to see them not make the playoffs.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,336

Post#457 » by KevinMcreynolds » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:06 pm

One thing I find funny is that every site gives us a bad grade for the offseason and the Lakers get an A.

We got DLo and WCS with literally ZERO cap space, we resigned Looney on maybe the best deal of the offseason, we got Spellman for a worthless big, and to me Burks and Little Dog were solid pickups. Yeah yeah, we lost KD but that's on him and its time to move on from Dre and Shaun. Meanwhile, the Lakers traded their two best young players and all their draft picks for the next 5 or 6 years for a player they could have signed next offseason. And outside of that they overpaid for Danny Green and signed a bunch of garbage. Boogie was their only good signing imo, only because it's low risk high reward.

And somehow Sacramento and Milwaukee are getting B's on all these sites as well. To me, those were THEE two worst offseasons in the NBA (besides the Knicks of course). Middleton to me is an instant top 5 worst contract in the NBA and look how much the Kings spent on Joseph, Dedmon and Ariza.
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#458 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:33 pm

azwfan wrote:

Define struggle.
I'd be shocked if they didn't make the playoffs.
I wouldn't be shocked if they weren't a top 2 seed in the West.

*health permitting of course (Lebron and AD)

I think the Lakers will be lucky to end up top 2.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#459 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:53 pm

KevinMcreynolds wrote:One thing I find funny is that every site gives us a bad grade for the offseason and the Lakers get an A.

We got DLo and WCS with literally ZERO cap space, we resigned Looney on maybe the best deal of the offseason, we got Spellman for a worthless big, and to me Burks and Little Dog were solid pickups. Yeah yeah, we lost KD but that's on him and its time to move on from Dre and Shaun. Meanwhile, the Lakers traded their two best young players and all their draft picks for the next 5 or 6 years for a player they could have signed next offseason. And outside of that they overpaid for Danny Green and signed a bunch of garbage. Boogie was their only good signing imo, only because it's low risk high reward.

And somehow Sacramento and Milwaukee are getting B's on all these sites as well. To me, those were THEE two worst offseasons in the NBA (besides the Knicks of course). Middleton to me is an instant top 5 worst contract in the NBA and look how much the Kings spent on Joseph, Dedmon and Ariza.

This.

At the start of last year they had nearly all their draft picks going forward, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac, plus two draft picks in Wagner and Bonga and a future. Now they ONLY have a present that includes Davis who is very good, Kuzma, 2nd round pick THT, and a 35 year old LeBron. But they learned the lesson of having a roster of 1 year players being a problem when trying to get people to play as a team right? Nope. The players locked up for next year are LeBron at 36, Danny Green at 33, Avery Bradley, and THT. That's it.

Next year they face re-signing AD and Kuzma and building a team around them again.
Coxy
RealGM

Post#460 » by Coxy » Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:06 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:
KevinMcreynolds wrote:One thing I find funny is that every site gives us a bad grade for the offseason and the Lakers get an A.

This.

At the start of last year they had nearly all their draft picks going forward, Ball, Ingram, Hart, Zubac, plus two draft picks in Wagner and Bonga and a future. Now they ONLY have a present that includes Davis who is very good, Kuzma, 2nd round pick THT, and a 35 year old LeBron. But they learned the lesson of having a roster of 1 year players being a problem when trying to get people to play as a team right? Nope. The players locked up for next year are LeBron at 36, Danny Green at 33, Avery Bradley, and THT. That's it.

Next year they face re-signing AD and Kuzma and building a team around them again.

The other glaring issue that them Lakers face moving forward, is injuries. As good as AD is, his body fails him often and LeBron will continue to break down as well. It would take much for their season to turn to puke quickly.

Return to Golden State Warriors